Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is probably going to happen barring a miracle. We have to hope Rattler reverts to his old inaccurate self.
Until I saw our defense vs UF, I really thought we could pressure him and take him off his game. Now I don't have that confidence. We'd better hope UK is still UK against us like we do when we play UF or I can actually see a road to losing both those games which would not bode well for this season....and recruiting.

No matter how down the nancies may be on the current offense...the next 2 seasons be like...

5* Nico

5* Mike Matthews

Top-100 Ethan Davis at TE

Speedsters Sampson and Squirrel

Seldon coming into his own

(Just read the 6 names above and imagine how anyone can guard it under Heupel...)

Majorly upgraded talent across the OL

We haven't had this much raw talent on offense since Peyton days and they didn't have near the playcaller. 50 PPG+ 2024 and 2025 are coming.

And then the defensive talent 😳
Yes...the future looks good IF we will not go toxic.

O line won’t get much better in the coming years if recruiting is anything to go by. So either this offense has to start working, or we’re in for another half decade of mediocrity. Nico or not
OL recruiting is above average this year. However, to your point. The goal is to be excellent. And we just arent. Those misses sting. Sometimes ya gotta take a guy, even if he doesnt fit the cookie cutter model of your culture

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking it. . . Halzle's inexperience as an OC is showing up in the play calls. Would be nice if Heupel just turned down Halzle's microphone and called the plays without suggestions. I'd like to see that and make light speed a priority for a couple quarters. I bet we look A LOT better.
I'm not sure he's calling the plays. Either way, light speed involves a QB and a center who can make the right calls quickly...not sure we have either right now. Also, I think the screens have more to do with not trusting the o-line to protect the QB than it does with them not trusting Milton. We really need Mincey to commit to RT and Cooper to get back.

I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking it. . . Halzle's inexperience as an OC is showing up in the play calls. Would be nice if Heupel just turned down Halzle's microphone and called the plays without suggestions. I'd like to see that and make light speed a priority for a couple quarters. I bet we look A LOT better.
Light speed with inexperience at center calling protections is a bad idea, when entire o line is struggling with protections.......I think that's why we aren't going fast to begin with

Edit: I agree about Halzle's inexperience, it definitely shows...... But his job is made harder by a struggling o line.

O line won’t get much better in the coming years if recruiting is anything to go by. So either this offense has to start working, or we’re in for another half decade of mediocrity. Nico or not
The 2023 OL class was good and the 2024 commits are good. We stunk on the 2021 and 2022 class. Plus transfers every year. We got a very good LT in the transfer portal this year. Quit being emotional.

Every time I mention it I get told that missing Golesh doesn't matter, it's Heupels offense.

Yes, it is CJHs offense.... and yes, not having Golesh has an effect on the offense. Both can be true!

Very interested to see how this offense evolves going forward. GBO!

Until I saw our defense vs UF, I really thought we could pressure him and take him off his game. Now I don't have that confidence. We'd better hope UK is still UK against us like we do when we play UF or I can actually see a road to losing both those games which would not bode well for this season....and recruiting.
The young LBs that took Pilis place are going to have to do better...every team is now going to try to take advantage of them.

It will 100% impact the perception of the program among local media, national media, recruits, other staffs, our fans, fans nationwide.

It's not just another game.
Well...we are probably going to lose this one...so I guess we might as well get on with firing Heupel or just shut the program down.

Rattler is going to kill these DBs....again... and our offense sucks....so it is a probable loss barring something fortunate happening.

If our offense wasn't sucking so badly I would call this a probable win at home...but it is...so..🤷‍♂️

Does anyone know why Derek Mason only stayed 1 year as DC at both Auburn and Oklahoma St?
He willingly tried to leave Auburn. Had more to do with the Harsin era and the general upheaval in that program. He also didn't have full control of defense there, apparently.

Around the time he left for OK St he had some issues with his family, including his father passing away. OK St fans seemed to like him, I think he just had a lot going on personally.

Well...we are probably going to lose this one...so I guess we might as well get on with firing Heupel or just shut the program down.

Rattler is going to kill these DBs....again... and our offense sucks....so it is a probable loss barring something fortunate happening.

If our offense wasn't sucking so badly I would call this a probable win at home...but it is...so..🤷‍♂️
I understand what you're saying and I've adjusted my expectations as well.

But you have to understand that 90% (probably more) of our fanbase and 75% of the national media/fans expect us to decapitate SC for what happened last year. If you are a good program on the rise, if you are a revived proud program, if you are taking those next steps that everyone wants to see us take... you destroy SC to send a message. So that's what they want to see. We don't have to destroy them, we just have to win.

Most recruits that we care about, most recruits that SC cares about, and undecided recruits of the southeast will be watching to see what happens, because both staffs have been pitching a vision for their program. Tennessee's proof of concept was last season, so as a program they can say they're further along. SC pissed in our Cheerios last year so they hold bragging rights.

Beamer is going to yell from the top of a mountain if they win. Everyone is going to know about it. He's going to try to go viral, he's going to be dropping outrageous sound bites and interviews. The SEC Network will run it non-stop, SportsCenter will play whatever he says and laugh.

I hate that it has to be that way because I agree that we are not prepared, but all of the chips are in the pot at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back