Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Vandy & Clemson games. I’ve watched them multiple times. He’s not the same.

This is a different team. And we’re not getting the same results.

I’d love 8 of 19 for “less than 10 yards” this year. Right now about 8 of 19 are at the LOS.
Milton has attempted 23 passes between 1 and 10 yards down field (7.6 times a game). Hooker had 157 last year in 10.5 games which is roughly 15 a game. Also worth mentioning hooker was obviously sitting the 4th quarter of multiple games. There’s a huge difference between our offenses it’s silly to say there’s not

Milton has attempted 36 throws Behind the LOS so far this year. Hooker attempted 47 and Milton attempted 13 last year
Is this because of Milton or our offensive line stinks so they want to get the ball out quick and work the whole field.

More touches should be going to RBs but we couldn't run against a 5 person box

I've been thinking, and I believe the Wooers should be forced to wear a Crimson W. We need to mark them, so we know who has brought about our bad times. It is up to us non-wooers to set things right again.

Is this because of Milton or our offensive line stinks so they want to get the ball out quick and work the whole field.

Mixture of both imo, but this is certainly more bad on Milton than it is the OL

It’s tough to say for sure. I don’t think it’s one specific thing. The offensive line being terrible definitely doesn’t help. I think Hooker being much further along in the mental aspect of the game has changed things

So at this rate he’s on pace for 144. Which would be 3x the number from Hooker.

I hope we try something different.
After looking at all the passes for the past 2 hours the only real difference is the passes 10 yards and less and screens. Last year we threw ALOT more between 1-10 yards, this year we’re throwing far more behind the LOS and a lot more designed screens. Not a big difference on passes 20+ down field and in between 11-20 yards down field. We’re motioning the same, same amount of play actions, same downfield concepts. We run more RPO’s now, but not enough to make a huge difference about 2 more per game.

It’s interesting for sure

Just heard an insane stat by Hyamms about Milton in the Austin Peay game:

Tennessee had 228 passing yards that game, 210 of those were yards after catch.

That's terrible. Stats don't tell stories. Milton has NOT played well and I'm not sure he gets better. There is a reason Heupel isn't having Joe throw much further than the line of scrimmage.

I'm at the point where I don't think Joe should be benched yet... but if he doesn't do better soon, he's on the bench.

We likely won't be winning games because of Joe, but we are likely to lose games because of Joe.
It’s the OL. Huepel doesn’t want to have his starter get injured and throw his 8 mil qb of the future to the wolves right out of the gate and possibly ruing him like butch and Pruitt did to jg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back