Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rewatched the highlights from Vandy and Clemson.

Something is way off.

The offense we're running right now reminds me of Azzani's offense minus the number of designed QB runs. It's screen, screen, screen. Dink and dunk and pray for the occasional WR or RB to break free on small to mid yardage play. Whatever the reason behind it, it's not the offense we've run the past few seasons

What is every one's opinion of Elarbee? I thought he did a good job the first couple of years, but this year's OL is bad. He seems to have struggled recruiting higher rated OL. I'm questioning, is this year's OL an outlier, or is this what we can expect going forward? Does he have to have highly rated players to coach up? Not really sure what to think. Not like Martinez, who I absolutely believe needs to go and get replaced by better.
i’m definitely disappointed…. i don’t think that you need 5* lineman to have a good line….. We knew that backup center was an issue two years ago and we still don’t have a real viable option. it’s way too early to give up on Elarbee though…. Hopefully he can get it figured out.

What is the difference between him playing against Vandy and Clemson last year?

What is the cause of this?

I agree it looks and feels way different but why??

He looked good and in control of those games making great throws down the field across the middle and vertical.

I hat gives?
It seems like Clemson is the outlier. Vandy he had a couple of long shots but didn’t look that good. It’s not just on him. The OL is abysmal, WR can’t catch, Defense can’t tackle.

Every QB in America plays better with better o-line play.

We’re going to need to do something that mitigates our o-line play.
You’ve been seeing it fast passes outside. I’d like to see more RPO with a bad o line. It’ll slow the edges down a bit. Maybe some quick slants over middle. That’s why I think they don’t trust Milton. CJH is an offensive genius and you don’t think he hasn’t thought of this?

Nope. I think there will be some encouragement by the staff and teammates to get him to play. We will need him.
If the surgeon who did the hernia repairs said to wait, then he should wait. Doesn’t matter what the team medical staff says since they didn’t do the surgery.

One thing that I have been impressed with CJH is that he truly cares about his players. Screwing up the surgically repaired hernia(s) by pushing the return earlier than the treating doctor recommends is not his MO. Personally can’t stand the coaches that put team needs over player’s health.

Figure out which backup player is the best option for center and keep them at center the whole game. The job share approach is not working for the center position. Grade both Lane and Davis then ride with the least mistakes. JMO.

If the surgeon who did the hernia repairs said to wait, then he should wait. Doesn’t matter what the team medical staff says since they didn’t do the surgery.

One thing that I have been impressed with CJH is that he truly cares about his players. Screwing up the surgically repaired hernia(s) by pushing the return earlier than the treating doctor recommends is not his MO. Personally can’t stand the coaches that put team needs over player’s health.

Figure out which backup player is the best option for center and keep them at center the whole game. The job share approach is not working for the center position. Grade both Lane and Davis then ride with the least mistakes. JMO.
1000005462.gif

And play FL kid at RT.

Thanks, Doc. I've been waiting for you to finally catch up and comment. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back