Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time the fanbase has controlled a hire at UT was with Schiano and there were extenuating circumstances there that created a perfect storm. Our admin does not fear angry LV fans -- at all. They didn't fear angrier football fans until Schiano but had all those other lousy hires not happened Schiano still gets hired despite angry football fans. But between those hires and the justified outrage (and embarrassment) of unsealed and unvetted info. coming up they cut bait. No one in authority likes to get blindsided -- not in the corporate world and not in high ranking jobs in the public sphere -- and that's exactly what happened. They were caught flat footed because they didn't know (and thus didn't have a response already prepared) about the newer info. Even then, the only control fans had was in nixing a hire. Not say in who gets hired.
Old idiotic administration is left out of your response.

I absolutely believe that schiano could not even get his name listed on our current administration’s list in a coaching search even if they had a section titled “post-apocalyptic list of coaching candidates when it no longer even matters“ 😁

Good morning.

February 19, 2024: Recognize and acknowledge that times are changing, and what once worked for you no longer does. Be flexible and give careful thought to what you need to do to continue on. Stubborn resistance will only make matters worse. Put aside your fears and trust that I am with you all the way, says the Lord. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Perfect!

Good morning.

February 19, 2024: Recognize and acknowledge that times are changing, and what once worked for you no longer does. Be flexible and give careful thought to what you need to do to continue on. Stubborn resistance will only make matters worse. Put aside your fears and trust that I am with you all the way, says the Lord. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand
Just read Volsdoc's response...
ditto

The only time the fanbase has controlled a hire at UT was with Schiano and there were extenuating circumstances there that created a perfect storm. Our admin does not fear angry LV fans -- at all. They didn't fear angrier football fans until Schiano but had all those other lousy hires not happened Schiano still gets hired despite angry football fans. But between those hires and the justified outrage (and embarrassment) of unsealed and unvetted info. coming up they cut bait. No one in authority likes to get blindsided -- not in the corporate world and not in high ranking jobs in the public sphere -- and that's exactly what happened. They were caught flat footed because they didn't know (and thus didn't have a response already prepared) about the newer info. Even then, the only control fans had was in nixing a hire. Not say in who gets hired.

That day I’ll never forget…such a beautiful day…I’ve never been more proud of a fanbase in my life like the one we have…when the whole state is against it and you have politicians voicing their displeasure on Twitter about it….yeaaa bro you’re definitely not getting hired here👀😂😂😂

1708610128606.gif

Reactions: UTSuave’
Has this been discussed?

Losing their receivers coach - who was damned good - was a massive blow.

But losing Dell - who is arguably one of the best RB coaches in the country, is an even bigger blow.

Kirby is an elite recruiter but a meh game day head coach. He’s been largely aided by an elite staff these past few years. That staff has been getting picked apart the past couple seasons.

He ain’t saban where he’s gonna be able to keep their dynasty going. Hell, it likely might already be over.

1708610310015.gif

Top 5 breakfast combos

1. Pancakes and Sausage links
2. Scrambled eggs and Toast
3. Biscuits and Gravy
4. Oatmeal and Raisin toast.
5. Chicken and Waffles.

Don't judge just respect.😜
Oatmeal and raisin toast over chicken and waffles? Tisk tisk.

I’ll go
1. Eggs and bacon
2. Bagel and shmear
3. Breakfast burrito (sausage, hash, eggs and cheese)
4. Chicken and waffles
5. Cereal and Milk

Honorable mention to biscuits and gravy.

Pancakes don’t agree with my stomach for some reason.

He actually to two shots at two different players!! Not good.
It's on the SEC office. They can suspend him today, after the game. If they do not, it amounts to deliberately employing a double standard for the purpose of rigging game outcomes.

If the player did it twice because Oates did not address the issue the first time, it sounds like Oates needs to be sanctioned by the SEC office in the interest of player safety.

Everyone who can read a schedule plainly saw that the Birmingham Offfice had manipulated game schedules going into the season. Now this blatant lawlessness at Alabama with no action from Birmingham. Which itself amounts to blatant lawlessness.

Last edited:
Just like the NCAA was caught off guard by the latest reaction by UT.

Awesome! Have fun!
My son and I are going to Vail in a few weeks.
Came down to picking between Park Cities vs Vail. Actually got a better deal in Vail (I was shocked). Plus no need for a vehicle. Added bonus that one of his buddies from Scouts is at the Air Force Academy and is getting to come up and ski with us for a few days.
The cadets get great ski pass prices and even can rent equipment from the Academy for next to nothing. (They very much deserve any perks).

I wish that I could spend my winter months skiing. So much fun. My wife shakes her head when I say that I want to ski into my 80s. (Means that I will have to keep in shape…). I met a ski instructor about 10 years ago who was 84!!! I’m a firm believer that you need a driving force/goal to achieve or you will let life happen and you let things go to your detriment.

Plus I need to see CJH’s 10th NC celebration at Tennessee. 😎

15-0 🤠

Let’s agree to celebrate the first one with this season! 👍
Hope you have a great time

Vanilla Greek yogurt with peanut butter powder and dark chocolate chips.

View attachment 621836
fishing-sassy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back