Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply

Why should professional athletes be allowed to participate in your opinion sir.?

You don't believe amateur athletes are good enough?
The Olympics are supposed to be about the best athletes in the world...in my opinion. I once felt like you, way back in the 80s...but a lot of really smart people making really good points changed my mind.

A true "amateur" athlete cannot devote enough of their life to be the absolutely best they can be...and the Olympics are about being the BEST in the world in your chosen sport.

These people eat, sleep and breathe their training 24/7/365 in order to be the best, how in the hell are they supposed to do that and work full time jobs to support themselves as adults?...also they have qualifying competitions they have to attend that are all over the place.

All you rich people and your luxurious vacations. Must be nice.
I am not in any way well off financially...and we travel a lot...but I understand why you couldn't.

I would gladly take you on a trip somewhere if I could...maybe when I retire we could go on a road trip out west somewhere.

Agree 1 game is too little.

How many games did Maui Ahuna sit last year, waiting on NCAA clearance? And, how many games was Tony V suspended, working with the NCAA? Yet, let a kid deliver a clear-as-day, Macho Man elbow to another kid, 1 game.

Or, maybe I'm just imagining things again...my tin foil hat may be on too tight. Every fanbase feels this way.

I am saying today with social media and NIL world at best amateurish is a paper game. In the period you are talking about we had athletes getting paid by corporate America (due to their athletics) but not working in a classical sense. A game no different than being a worker on the Bellarus team. You cannot dedicate your life to luging, pay for luging and truly be an amateur.
That all seems so obvious to me.

The Olympics are supposed to be about the best athletes in the world...in my opinion. I once felt like you, way back in the 80s...but a lot of really smart people making really good points changed my mind.

A true "amateur" athlete cannot devote enough of their life to be the absolutely best they can be...and the Olympics are about being the BEST in the world in your chosen sport.

These people eat, sleep and breathe their training 24/7/365 in order to be the best, how in the hell are they supposed to do that and work full time jobs to support themselves as adults?...also they have qualifying competitions they have to attend that are all over the place.
Supposedly IOC pays for travel but 100% training comes out of pocket of athletes.

Trying to learn my grandkids that board games are better than video games.

So for Christmas I bought a few old board games, so I've played Operation for 2 months now.

Hands aren't as steady as they once were.
That used to be one of my favorite games..I would deliberately tap the no tap just to hear the sound and see his nose turn red.😉

Went to Greece most recently...you should go.

View attachment 621947
I have always wanted to go to Europe..and Turkey, Egypt and Israel...but that ain't going to happen for me now.

At this point in my life..I would be supremely happy just to make it to all the places in the States I've always wanted to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back