Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is insane
YARN | Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day. | Austin Powers:  International Man of Mystery (1997) | Video clips by quotes | 680ac0a9 | 紗

Good to have the respectable side of VN posters back.

I for one could give two ***** about your hoarding of notifications, despite my opinion of it being a huge waste of time.

Its been a long week. Ulysees has been especially hornery. Weezer hasnt shut up. Even Invol came back from perpetual vacation to post.
I deliberately stayed away this week until last night. Could not deal with the anticipated amount of FF level posting in here. From looking over a few pages, I was glad I did.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we struggle saturday.

Starters will play the entire game just like AP.

If their QB1 plays he will give us fits in the secondary and with his legs.

I feel we will be able to run the ball, but our passing attack again will be limited to screens.

We probably pull away at the end like 30-13 type score.
I’m thinking 30-13 type of win also. Our OL has problems, and until that’s resolved, our offensive potential will not be reached by any means.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Tomorrow, I think it would be good to get Milton involved in run game early with a called QB run on the outside. He seems hesitant to run when he has the athleticism to be a very good run threat. He just does not seem to have the quick decision making ability to know when to tuck it and run
It's never a good idea to design run plays for your QB when your backup is a true freshman

The brouhaha about the remarks by Halzle were an (unfortunately) successful hit job by the anti-Vol KNS. They asked him whether there were ways starting Nico would have been better, in order to fuel criticism of Joe and manufacture "controversy" or discontent. Then when he answered "No" to them, they omitted that part of his answer. Then misrepresented the remainder as if it were Halzle's spontaneous thoughts on the game. So they got their hit piece in, either way.

Naturally they didn't report on the highly questionable officiating, which they could do, while the coaches were prohibited from it.
Is that considered fake news :cool: :cool:

Reactions: knoxvol52
RF, need your recommendations: Fam and I are to Colorado in a couple of weeks. Staying just west of Colorado Springs. Going off a list of the top attractions (Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Garden of Gods, Royal Gorge). Also looking to trip over to Buena Vista and Leadville area. I was eyeing to take my kiddos on the Leadville & Southern RxR. Any additional must sees or attractions to avoid? Thanks in advance.
Pikes Peak was cool. Garden of the Gods is a must do if you’re into trail hiking/sight seeing. Don’t know about any of the other places.

I have a feeling we struggle saturday.

Starters will play the entire game just like AP.

If their QB1 plays he will give us fits in the secondary and with his legs.

I feel we will be able to run the ball, but our passing attack again will be limited to screens.

We probably pull away at the end like 30-13 type score.
I'll take that score right now and just move on :cool: :cool:

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Thanks McGill...I would love to visit GSD.

Manitou Cliff Dwellings Museum is neat.

Manitou Cliff Dwellings Museum is neat.
speaking of spelunking, are we still discussing Sisters?

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

Thanks McGill...I would love to visit GSD.
Here are a couple of pics...it is a unique place...also can visit nearby Zapata Falls which I didn't have time to hike to.

For context...the tallest dune you see in these pics is over 700 feet tall

Attachments

• 20200724_124728.jpg
    20200724_124728.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200724_125026.jpg
    20200724_125026.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200724_124908.jpg
    20200724_124908.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Interesting post about Milton from PB on Vols247

On the three big pass plays they hit the other night he is literally throwing under pressure or throwing after moving away from pressure.

1. Long pass to Squirrel on first drive - Campbell gets beat by spin move and Joe can't step into throw but it's accurate with a flick of the wrist.

2. Long pass to Thornton - Has to step up in pocket because edge guy goes wide around Warren.

3. TD to Bru - Crawford beat inside and Milton has to fade to his left and basically launches a fallaway jumper.

He's not Bryce Young making plays outside the pocket and he's not Hendon Hooker escaping pressure when protection breaks down, but we (and presumably the staff) knew both of those things going in, right? He's also not a statue and there's literally examples from five days ago of this. His pressure-to-sack rate is one of the lower ones in the SEC so far.

If your offense needs those Bryce and Hooker traits to function then it's the offensive line that needs more addressing than the quarterback but hey that's just my opinion.

Yeah to me the offensive line is the biggest red flag for this offense right now and moving forward. Milton can do several things better.

He's missing a throw here and there and while they seem to have no issue with how he's operating the offense, it's clearly just not running as smoothly as it did with Hendon. The QB has some of that responsibility as the leader and orchestrator of the offense.

So Milton can be better before the snap and between drives, but after the snap he needs more help than he got against Austin Peay (WRs) and Florida (OL) in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back