Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Mays situation seems kind of odd. Is there something about his injury that would warrant extra caution on his part?

It seems this staff wants and expected his return would have come before now.

This Mays situation seems kind of odd. Is there something about his injury that would warrant extra caution on his part?

he is following the advice of his family doctors -- they recommended he stay out until October

TOS said the staff think he's good to go but he's heeding the advice of his family doctors. I've also read that that isn't true, so hard to know what's really going on.

I don't understand why people are saying this...are they literally just repeating dumb crap a proven VN troll says instead of actually looking for themselves?
I self-admit giving OL coaches way too long of a leash to prove themselves competent before retracting it. That was faulty with Mahoney and Friend. The performance we glimpsed in Gainesville was a constant during their stays. With Ellarbee, it’s an outlier and more consistent with being slightly off…not clueless or uncoached. For perspective, Garner is never accused of dropping the ball in teaching or development…for good reason. But there we are, Florida backed up on their end…4th and 1…and a 5th year player jumps at an obvious draw off attempt. It happens in real life. Our fans know when things aren’t working…all too well. So some of them welcoming the SOONERS a year ahead of time is beyond presumptive.

RF, need your recommendations: Fam and I are to Colorado in a couple of weeks. Staying just west of Colorado Springs. Going off a list of the top attractions (Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Garden of Gods, Royal Gorge). Also looking to trip over to Buena Vista and Leadville area. I was eyeing to take my kiddos on the Leadville & Southern RxR. Any additional must sees or attractions to avoid? Thanks in advance.
If your kids are on the younger side, try a short side trip to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. You can feed the giraffes from an elevated platform. It was hilariously fun/messy with little kids. They have huge prehensile tongues and grab leaves from you with their tongue as you hold them out. The kids got slimed multiple times and kept coming back for more leaves to give out.

he is following the advice of his family doctors -- they recommended he stay out until October.
Thank you.....

So that would have him back for the A&M game.

It looks like they are protecting his professional status for the future. That makes some sense.

Don't think anybody's writing him off. He just hasn't moved up the depth chart as hoped and wasn't the answer as a backup center. Clearly, they hoped one of the younger guys could step up instead of sliding Lane over to replace Mays, and that hasn't happened.
I had hoped Lampley would take a step up soon.

Reactions: JacketVol
he is following the advice of his family doctors -- they recommended he stay out until October

TOS said the staff think he's good to go but he's heeding the advice of his family doctors. I've also read that that isn't true, so hard to know what's really going on.
I certainly hope that's true..... If it isn't there are issues none of us want to be true.

Is up!

Will Nichols ever be serviceable or should he transfer down?

I can't say for sure, but I am fairly confident that I saw Nichols working on snapping to the QB during the orange and white game. It sounds crazy, but he couldn't do it. Most of his snaps were way off target.

Hernias are difficult to navigate for the every day person. Recovering from a surgery and facing 300+ pound behemoths over the course of a full game demands caution. Coaches need him back but defer to medicine for a very good reason.

I was as despondent and disheartened as anyone after the Austin Peay and Florida debacles. Then, during a cognizant moment, I recognized that unlike past coaching regimes, this current one has a back history of making in-season adjustments and not going down a vortex. Finding an acceptable middle ground between coach worship (not recognizing there are issues to address) and doomsday prophets (always knowing none of this would work and now it’s time to reproduce) can be difficult to navigate. The best programs are defined by how they respond WHEN they slip or get knocked down. Alabama lost to both us and LSU and was a TCU loss away from going to the playoffs. I know I know…5 star roster versus what we have, but we have a whole season to write this book. Restrain yourself from writing a panic end and submitting it to Amazon.
So you're saying we should be populating the Earth with future VOLS players?
1695404127278.png

Oh lord… I have the opposite feeling. I think Heupel will attack downfield much more this game and UT will hit a few deep ones
Honestly, Heupel would be wise to use this game to work the intermediate passing game and start to teach Milton to actually move the chains on a regular basis rather than relying on the boom or bust chuck it 50+ yards downfield strategy we've employed so far. Our failure to be able to move the chains regularly is the reason that our offense has looked so atrocious so far this year.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I assume the worst and hope for the best...but you are right, I should have said...This is a 7-5 team right now. I agree we could get better, but until I see it happen it is just hope.
Indeed.

When I rewatch the FL game without the emotion one has when its live its a little easier to see some hope. Like the offense actually played a lot better than they did against Peay. More accurate, guys weren't dropping the ball. The difference was, horrible blocking in the interior, 6 false starts, two holds, a bs blindside block and the refs screwing us on that 4th and 1 (still should have snuck it)

The defense actually only gave up only two Florida first downs and it was after Herring gifted them with the stupid ass late hit. The other time we jumped offsides on 4th and one. Without two egregious penalties the defense improved dramatically from the third quarter.

The penalties and the awful officiating the last two games have cost us a lot of points. Same with some of Milton's throws being off and the several drops throughout the season. A lot of those things can be cleaned up.

We won't know until USCjr, but this UTSA game feels huge for us to get some of our mojo back. Stop the dumb penalties, get some fair refereeing and blow them out. Will do us wonders for our rhythm and confidence.

So after many days of research and analysis, I have finally discovered that reason for our inexplicable loss to the gators.

Remember the LSU game last year? Early start. We rolled the bayou bengals.

This year the swamp is a night game. VN had all day to make fun of the teams that were having bad days. Win or lose, many teams that we dislike were not playing their best football and we were there for it. (Go back to early Saturday posts if you don’t recall). All day, making fun of all those teams.

Now our game rolls around and all of the bad things are happening to our team.

Karma is a bitch and served us multiple helpings that Karma then crammed down our throats.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t make fun of other teams bad performance, but it’s of tantamount importance that Tennessee only play early games against our opponents on the road. Karma doesn’t care after our game.

@LA Vol , use all your influence to help fix this situation. 🙏

14-1 🤠 depends on those early road games. 😳
I am sorry but I physically cannot restrain myself from laughing at our rivals. I just can't.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I was as despondent and disheartened as anyone after the Austin Peay and Florida debacles. Then, during a cognizant moment, I recognized that unlike past coaching regimes, this current one has a back history of making in-season adjustments and not going down a vortex. Finding an acceptable middle ground between coach worship (not recognizing there are issues to address) and doomsday prophets (always knowing none of this would work and now it’s time to reproduce) can be difficult to navigate. The best programs are defined by how they respond WHEN they slip or get knocked down. Alabama lost to both us and LSU and was a TCU loss away from going to the playoffs. I know I know…5 star roster versus what we have, but we have a whole season to write this book. Restrain yourself from writing a panic end and submitting it to Amazon.
1695405789320.gif

Reactions: SugarCC and butchna
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back