Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Tennesssee basketball is all in if we hire a Russian commie to coach the team.

Jokes aside her accolades and merits are many. I hope she is good with NIL and recruiting.
I looked into that situation. She's not really Russian at all. Definitely context and nuance there.

In 2008 she had been playing for a Moscow-based professional team for a few years. The US did not give her an opportunity to try out for the Olympic team. Russia reached out and gave her a huge raise and bonuses to become a Russian citizen and play in the Olympics for Russia. So she did. She played in 2 Olympics for Russia and has been coaching ever since.

And again. That's 2008. As best I can tell she criticized Russia for their handling of the Britney Griner situation. I'm not sure if she said anything about the Crimean Invasion or the Ukranian Invasion, but I really don't think she has any loyalties to Russia. It was her only chance to play in the Olympics (changing nationalities happens all the time for the Olympics) and the Russians tripled her salary.

bra said its happened all year to every team that has faced Edey. We arent the lone victims, of purported bad officiating, even versue Purdue. So what do we do? Give up! Quit mid court. Throw our rackets down? Throw a tantrum? Or make plays?
Nobody is arguing we did not have our chances. We fought through very well and did not quit. You cannot deny that the disparity if free throw attempts had an impact on the outcome of the game. Also, watch film of Edey and observe how often he camps in the lane for significantly longer than 3 seconds. Again, we had our chances. Just needed to make a couple more. Still, we had to overcome a lot and that is what people are talking about.

It never ceases to amaze me. I live in a very insular coastal community. Very little tourism and what little there is comes from New Jersey and only in the summer.

My neighbor 3 doors down is an old man who wears a Tennessee hat every day. His children live in Knoxville and grandchildren go to UT. He's lived here most of his life and never lived in TN. If you think those odds are small?

Last year I ran into a woman wearing a Tennessee pullover at my post office. This post office serves the 1400 people (everyone in the town limits has a PO Box. No delivery.) in my town. If you think those odds are small?

Last fall at a neighboring town with a dock on the Chesapeake Bay, there was a yacht flying Vols and Vol Navy flags. If you think those odds are small?

I just passed an old van with a Power T sticker on it. I thought maybe it was passing through? Nope, local plate and other stickers supporting local schools/community.

We are a national... nah... worldwide brand y'all. I've seen more Vols stuff here than any other SEC school from people who actually live here.
On my trip to New York City…. there is a bar/restaurant that has a steelers flag and a Vols flag hanging outside…. I felt like i had found my people.

And how far did that take them? Today's recruiting has to find guys that will provide value and stick around for more than a few months.

One and Done recruiting as the primary bulk of your team as Cal does it is looking more and more stupid and has made the fanbase hate him.

Springer, Johnson, Philips and Chandler were nice to have as rentals...but they ended up adding no longterm value.

I don’t disagree. But just based on rankings they are recruiting better than anyone else at the top of the conference.

Doesn’t mean they’re winning more than those other teams.

I think all of those idiots felt sorry for him and Purdue after they got bounced last year..and they kept showing him crying like a giant Mongo baby.

Iirc he fouled out that game...and he has not since.
He only had one foul last year against Fairleigh-Dickinson…. They used a trapping defense to make it hard to get the ball to him…. He only attempted on FG in the last 12 minutes of the game… we should have tried to copy it and at least see if it caused them issues.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I want you to take some time off to reflect on what you just stated. It’s beneath you to even consider that as a viable option.

You need to apologize to VN and all of Volkind for such a terrible mistake.

😎

NC State is gonna take them out anyway. (Hopefully)
Will Wade thinks Zach Edey has a punchable face.

Agree - don't @ me

I thought Angel gave a whole Lotta dish it, but can't take it vibe in the loss.

That was exactly my take yesterday. You can't embrace the villain role, relish in it while winning all the while playing it up, then immediately complain about it right after you lose.

She's lucky those Iowa players showed her a lot more class than she showed her opponents this year and Iowa last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back