Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was exactly my take yesterday. You can't embrace the villain role, relish in it while winning all the while playing it up, then immediately complain about it right after you lose.

She's lucky those Iowa players showed her a lot more class than she showed her opponents this year and Iowa last year.
i feel that way about Baseball…. I want to be the Bad Boys of baseball…

Nugs from the Lady's Room:

(SIAP) Danny White making interviews this week in Atlanta (that cheeky bastard knows how to keep a coaching search under wraps). If he's interviewing now that makes me think Dawn Staley is not involved, which was expected, and neither is Wes Moore (NCSU).

I'm convinced. . . Nico is the best college QB in the last 20 years. It's possible he may be the best QB you've ever seen play. He'll win the Heisman the next 2 years. They may give him the Heisman the year after he graduates, because he's so good. I don't think we'll lose a game while he's here. He'll have an impact on the QB's that follow him to the point that they'll be much better than anyone else in the country. His impact will last for years. We may never lose another game at Tennessee in our lifetime.

If it's already done, why hasn't the plane landed??? And why hasn't @Glitch reported from the airport??? Where are the insiders to break the news???
Having car troubles.
Car trouble GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

I'm convinced. . . Nico is the best college QB in the last 20 years. It's possible he may be the best QB you've ever seen play. He'll win the Heisman the next 2 years. They may give him the Heisman the year after he graduates, because he's so good. I don't think we'll lose a game while he's here. He'll have an impact on the QB's that follow him to the point that they'll be much better than anyone else in the country. His impact will last for years. We may never lose another game at Tennessee in our lifetime.

@VolsDoc81TX will never be wrong with 15-0 predictions again!!!!

Although with playoffs expanding will it mean 16 or 17 and 0?

I think Nico will be special, as with every elite QB though it will come down to health more than ability. David Carr and RGIII both could have been so much better in the NFL if they had landed on teams with smarter HCs that understood protecting the QB better.

I have faith in DW. People seem to have misconstrued my point. DW doesn't get to set the budget. He has bosses, too. Not just Donde and Randy, either. If he does indeed have an open checkbook, as has been insinuated, I think he'll be fine. My worry wasn't in DW or his ability, but in the budget he would be given to work with.
Why be concerned with that? The administration and athletic Director are materially different, or at least acting as such, since the last time we hired a coach. They know the importance of the legacy of our women’s basketball program. We’ll be fine. We’re gonna get someone to be excited about. I don’t expect money to be an issue. And our women’s basketball program has to bring in as much revenue as anyone else’s not named UConn, even after the past two coaches. Don’t be worried, get excited.

I tend to ignore any and all AtoZ articles as most are exactly this, bullsh!t attention grabbing headlines with no supporting information. Or straight opinion pieces. Never much, if anything, of substance. I'm sure whoever is running that site reads message boards and regurgitates what they read on here.
I hate this conjecture. Define a “big hire”. They’re almost never big enough. Let’s just hire a solid coach who can restore the brand. Needs to be a proven winner.

Reactions: Devo182
He’s going to be so good that they will dub him the only thritycentback in football history.

Honestly, I think Rick Barnes has been the only "big hire" of any of the major sports in my lifetime as a Vol fan (going back to the mid 90s).
Everybody is more interested in winning the press conference…. He could hire Air Bud and I would be ok with it as long as we end up winning.

Reactions: Adam Sandler
Honestly, I think Rick Barnes has been the only "big hire" of any of the major sports in my lifetime as a Vol fan (going back to the mid 90s).
Really, the splashiest hire in our history was probably Johnny Majors. And it’s not like that really shocked anyone, nationally.

(SIAP) Danny White making interviews this week in Atlanta (that cheeky bastard knows how to keep a coaching search under wraps). If he's interviewing now that makes me think Dawn Staley is not involved, which was expected, and neither is Wes Moore (NCSU).
Not that I'm all that concerned, but a point of consideration....nothing says he'll have to make the hire this week. No idea what kind of portal calendar women operate under, but he could interview everyone else while the women's tournament is finishing up, no?

Reactions: DD4ME and SoilVol
Yeah, but how can you NEVER have problems with officiating?

Plenty of people here have a balanced view of these games. It's not always officiating, but literally every single time anyone says anything about it, you leap to defend officiating. Or just argued against people upset about it. Your default is "someone is criticizing officiating!? Sounds like a job for BIG ORANGE TRAIN MAN! Coming to rescue you from pointing out bad officiating!

So...have you ever seen a poorly officiated game? Ever? Or do you admit that you don't have an objective view of these events because you become more concerned with "educating" us over assessing reality?
It’s just bruin. He likes to argue and be the contrarian opinion to rile people up. This subject is an easy target for him. Troll gonna troll. Ignore button is your friend

Not that I'm all that concerned, but a point of consideration....nothing says he'll have to make the hire this week. No idea what kind of portal calendar women operate under, but he could interview everyone else while the women's tournament is finishing up, no?
Yeah, but the prevailing theory (maybe more of a hope) is that it'll be sooner than later. Lots of portal movement happening now.

Of course, if we get the right person it won't matter and that coach will probably bring some studs with them.

He could be interview them later, but I'd agree.

Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back