Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't it weird and creepy when a man is coaching a women's sport?
I think that barrier and more was broken with the male gynecologists among us. Yes, there have been some gross ones, but I am sure the vast majority can keep it professional.

Yeah, but the prevailing theory (maybe more of a hope) is that it'll be sooner than later. Lots of portal movement happening now.

Of course, if we get the right person it won't matter and that coach will probably bring some studs with them.
don't think they're called studs in women's sports... but then again I've never really paid attention to women's sports either

Reactions: SoilVol
WRs = my question mark for this season...

Didn't get great production this season, some of that was new OC and new QB I'm sure...but could some of it be the WR talent? Losing Keyton, losing both TEs, Bru returning from a nasty injury, will Thornton step up to be a true #1 talent? Squirrel is electric but he's not going to be a guy that can take over a game like Hyatt and even Tillman were able to do.

Lots of talent though...adding Brazzell, Matthews, & Staley will help a ton. Just need to see it on the field.
Hyatt and Tillman couldn't do it either...until they could..

Seems like that lesson would be learnt among us morans by now...

I member when just before the 22 season folks were calling Hyatt a big bust...I member when just before the 21 season folks were saying Tillman was a barely solid backup at best, and a total wasted scholarship at worst..

I ain't putting no limits on what Squirrel White or any of those guys can do in this offense with Nico at QB..IF..they will put in the work.

Yeah...I'm not too worried about us landing a wing player in the portal. Any dude that sees what DK was able to do here and how much media attention he got while doing it would be absolutely stupid to think we're not a great school to play for as far as coverage/NBA noticing goes.

I'm more curious to see if we land a legit ball handler and/or big. Seeing a few names we've been in contact with...I think they want a JJJ type athlete but a bit taller.

Yeah...I'm not too worried about us landing a wing player in the portal. Any dude that sees what DK was able to do here and how much media attention he got while doing it would be absolutely stupid to think we're not a great school to play for as far as coverage/NBA noticing goes.

I'm more curious to see if we land a legit ball handler and/or big. Seeing a few names we've been in contact with...I think they want a JJJ type athlete but a bit taller.
I just want the wing to be our top choice.

I member when just before the 22 season folks were calling Hyatt a big bust...I member when just before the 21 season folks were saying Tillman was a barely solid backup at best, and a total wasted scholarship at worst..

I ain't putting no limits on what Squirrel White or any of those guys can do in this offense with Nico at QB..IF..they will put in the work.
In the new age of transfer portal ppl forget the development of talent already on the roster still happens quite a bit.

The difference from players from their freshman and sophomores years to their junior and senior years is night and day often times.

That's exactly my point. Got all the bodies you could ask for that SHOULD be able to do it, just waiting until they DO.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Agreed. Although I wonder. Maybe I am wrong but it doesn’t seem like Barnes puts much stock into getting good big men. I don’t know if it’s just not his system or what. But he has had opportunities in the portal to go after some good bugs and he just doesn’t for some reason.

How many National PoTys have we had in the Big Three sports?

I'm guessing LVs has at least one, surely Candace has one, if not Holdsclaw and maybe another.

Football, we all know the Heisman history.

MBB? Not sure if Houston or Ernie ever won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back