Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude that echo he gets coming off the bat gets me everytime..you know he’s putting some effortless power behind it
Different styles, different results. Jeff Bagwell generated a ton of bat speed, with his torquie swing. Maybe didnt play as long as, Chipper who had a bit of a torquie swing. Fortunately he was big enough frame wise to handle. Glad to see a long of those strange batting stances go way of the dinosaurs, players will last longer.

I dont like Ohtani, not because he's a foreigner. Im a Braves fan. But, can def recognize talented players. My first thought was 'wow that looked easy.' The ball jumped off his bat. Makes me sick. Dude is large, and will play a long time.

The Dodgers can kick rocks. Mets too.

Different styles, different results. Jeff Bagwell generated a ton of bat speed, with his torquie swing. Maybe didnt play as long as, Chipper who had a bit of a torquie swing. Fortunately he was big enough frame wise to handle. Glad to see a long of those strange batting stances go way of the dinosaurs, players will last longer.

I dont like Ohtani, not because he's a foreigner. Im a Braves fan. But, can def recognize talented players. My first thought was 'wow that looked easy.' The ball jumped off his bat. Makes me sick. Dude is large, and will play a long time.

The Dodgers can kick rocks. Mets too.

Dude I’ll never forget Bagwell…he had the most awkward stance but he hit dingers…I’ve tried it fooling around on the field when I played but I could never get any power..

Reactions: Jackcrevol
That Lucy troglodyte in the LV forum hating on the baseball team and coach to try and prop up her pro-LV and KH/anti-DW argument is wild. That logic is so tortured, it needs to be investigated by The Hague.

What a completely disconnected from reality, asinine position.
Also, Heupel and Barnes are not part of the UT family. They’re only here because of a paycheck. So one can conclude, she only wants former players as coaches. Sorry sis, it doesn’t work that way. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dude I’ll never forget Bagwell…he had the most awkward stance but he hit dingers…I’ve tried it fooling around on the field when I played but I could never get any power..
Always tried to mimic Luiz Gonzalez with Dbacks, with that wide open stance. Dude was prolific. As a lefty its easier to generate more momentum that way.

LOL, 7,000 years ago....Coach would tell me to close my stance, and then Id open it. Id hit moon shots in practice (off that 55 mph heater), he'd get mad and tell me to close back up. 'Dont want you doing that, need to get on base.'

My nephew plays for a private school in Farragut😆 wonder which one? They TEACH to hit moon shots now.

As the great lyricist Robert Dylan once sang 'Times they are a changin''.

Also, Heupel and Barnes are not part of the UT family. They’re only here because of a paycheck. So one can conclude, she only wants former players as coaches. Sorry sis, it doesn’t work that way. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Only allowing for coaches that are " In the family" is such a stepping on the rake moment. So unnecessarily self-limiting.

Always tried to mimic Luiz Gonzalez with Dbacks, with that wide open stance. Dude was prolific. As a lefty its easier to generate more momentum that way.

LOL, 7,000 years ago....Coach would tell me to close my stance, and then Id open it. Id hit moon shots in practice (off that 55 mph heater), he'd get mad and tell me to close back up. 'Dont want you doing that, need to get on base.'

My nephew plays for a private school in Farragut😆 wonder which one? They TEACH to hit moon shots now.

As the great lyricist Robert Dylan once sang 'Times they are a changin''.

Hands down favorite stance was always Sheffield for me..favorite bat swing is Griffey jr. that’s awesome though.

Even more cautiously optimistic than usual this time of year about the talent we are developing in spring practice. I really hate Seldon on the sidelines, but I thought I originally read where he'd be ready for the season, so hopefully that's the case. It will be interesting to see what happens when the portal opens up again, hoping we don't lose anyone and wonder if we'll check out the RB isle for a "just in case Seldon is not back in time" RB?

Reactions: ugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back