Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a feeling that was going to happen.
Don't really understand when kids jump into the portal when the upcoming season they will then finally play... Kind of like Huntley-Hatfield... Dilione is a redshirt freshman that will see significant minutes starting next season... Or he thinks he can get a bag and we won't give him one.

Don't think anyone did. That's wild, both BTBs. I was thinking of Catchings, but her name escaped me. Hell of a tradition.

Maybe one day soon for the men or football. Nico? 👀
Holdsclaw was a 2-Time National POTY.
Tameka Catchings and Todd Helton were National POTY, as well.
Answered.

You may have me on ignore, or you meant to slight me. 🤔 Game on, if so. 🤨

Or, maybe I need to type in bold, gigantic letters to be noticed around here. 😕

Reactions: Devo182
Don't really understand when kids jump into the portal when the upcoming season they will then finally play... Kind of like Huntley-Hatfield... Dilione is a redshirt freshman that will see significant minutes starting next season... Or he thinks he can get a bag and we won't give him one.
Imo, its probably mutual, he hasnt picked up defense the way the staff wanted him to.

He wasn’t going to play. He didn’t even look good.

Surprised that folks are surprised at LV fans feeling their program is the best of UT.

Since the first day Pat coached till today, they have 8 national titles. Every major mens program, combined, has 1. Throw in softball for good measure, still 1. Of course they feel that way. Why shouldn't they? The LVs are the best thing we've had the last 50 years. Football the 50 years prior (5 titles) easily.

Imo, its probably mutual, he hasnt picked up defense the way the staff wanted him to.
Makes sense, didn't think about that... We are in a great place nationally right now, so hopefully that will help us pull in some top-tier talent in the portal... NEED a thick big man and replacements for DK, JJJ, and Vescovi...

Makes sense, didn't think about that... We are in a great place nationally right now, so hopefully that will help us pull in some top-tier talent in the portal... NEED a thick big man and replacements for DK, JJJ, and Vescovi...
From what I remember reading about him, hes a good bucket getter, it wouldnt surprise me to see him ball wherever he goes.
Im actually not too worried about bigs as long as everyone stays, we have 4 options, and if the coaches want to play small then thats plenty.
Imo we need a backup PG
Starting 2
Now a good 3
And I think used the 4th spot for a project big to replace Aidoo with next season. (This additional spot is assuming Jefferson to the portal is announced soon.)

Reactions: volinbama256
8. "Brenda Frese isn't good enough because she only went 28-7 despite being at Maryland for 22 seasons [ignoring multiple 30 win seasons and a national title - I digress]. We need someone who can win 30 games in Year 1! I want to bring Gail Goestenkors out of retirement!"

It's time toooooo CHECK THE STATS:

Gail Goestenkors last coached in 2012. She resigned for "stress."
Her best season at Texas was 22-14 with a 7-9 conference record in Year 1. Only made the second round of NCAA once. She went .500 or less in in conference play 4/5 seasons at Texas. Prior to Texas she was a top coach at Duke.

People who think like this is who we are dealing with. It has a name. Cognitive dissonance and bias. "I personally don't like X person so here are reasons I think we shouldn't hire them. I personally like Y person and I'm going to ignore the fact that my prior criteria eliminates them and pretend I have a logical argument." You know... like... teenage girl level (I can say this because I once was a teenage boy who had conversations with teenage girls once or twice).
So what I got from all that is Joe Biden posts in the lady vol forum. (blue font)

As bad as I want to judge overboard lady vol fans I have to say I have seen some garbage juice takes in men's sports too from a significant number of folks. The LV fanatic is a small population so it just seems more.
Whose side are you on? Now’s not the time to get all copacetic. We got a coaching search to run!

Scholarships opening for Vols BB:
Santi
Knecht
Dilione

Also losing JJJ but he wasn't on scholarship. I would be shocked if at least 1 more player didn't transfer. Jefferson or Phillips.... longshot at Aidoo. I think we want to keep him.

A poster in the BB forum said Dilione was making the second-most NIL on the team.... yikes. Sounds like his check was pulled. I would not be shocked if we bring in 3 big transfers. I think we currently have room for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back