Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answered.

You may have me on ignore, or you meant to slight me. šŸ¤” Game on, if so. šŸ¤Ø

Or, maybe I need to type in bold, gigantic letters to be noticed around here. šŸ˜•
Missed it!

Never. You're my musical spirit animal, Sugar šŸ˜†

Nice call on Helton, he should've crossed my mind. I still relish my Helton signed hat from a UT baseball camp as a child. Even then everyone knew he'd reach great heights. A no doubter right out of K-Town.

Not saying Lawson is/should be on the top board, but this post shifts me something real:

Screenshot_20240404_190211.jpg

In 3 years she's gone from no tourney, to 2nd round, to SS. Great recruiting Y2 and Y3 at a place not called Tennessee or UConn. She could definitely bring in the talent, especially at a much bigger program.

Reactions: butchna
Apparently interviewed:
Really solid and right up DW's alley (young up and comer from lower levels..apparent no-name that just crushes wherever they go - Heupel, Oates, Kansas football HC). DW dgaf about useless things like household names...he cares about hiring winners.

Only been a HC since 2016...look at all those notches in her belt...DANG

Screenshot_20240404_190855.jpg

And her ONE year at Marshall? Sent them to only their SECOND tournament appearance in history šŸ˜† She took a 9-9 Sun Belt team and only went 17-1 in conference...won the conference AND tournament...IN YEAR ONEšŸ˜†šŸ˜…šŸ¤£

Screenshot_20240404_191254.jpg

Last edited:
When you feel down on yourself, just remember, people like this exist:

What in the wide world of sports is this moron on about? Nothing about what he said even comes close to making an actual logical point. Anyone that listened to that moron is now dumber for having listened to him. I award him zero points and hope that he has not reproduced so that his moron genes are not passed on to any new human beings.

Surprised that folks are surprised at LV fans feeling their program is the best of UT.

Since the first day Pat coached till today, they have 8 national titles. Every major mens program, combined, has 1. Throw in softball for good measure, still 1. Of course they feel that way. Why shouldn't they? The LVs are the best thing we've had the last 50 years. Football the 50 years prior (5 titles) easily.
Nah. Pat and the LV was something to be proud of. But football is everything. Just means more.

Nah. Pat and the LV was something to be proud of. But football is everything. Just means more.
I get from a popularity and $ standpoint. Of course.

But actually winning on the court/field...can't deny they're on a separate level the last half-century...worlds apart.

They're the very best of UT sports. I get why the hardcore fans come back to that fact. All I'm saying.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Not saying Lawson is/should be on the top board, but this post shifts me something real:

View attachment 631924

In 3 years she's gone from no tourney, to 2nd round, to SS. Great recruiting Y2 and Y3 at a place not called Tennessee or UConn. She could definitely bring in the talent, especially at a much bigger program.
iā€™m not against itā€¦. I think she will end up being like Dawnā€¦.. already a top 5 recruiter

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back