Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was a Random Act of Unhelpfulness.
Hey @gordonr24 I just realized that most people on here, including you, may not have context for my comment. It was in reference to a Honda ad campaign that it just occurred to me may only be regional.

Here in SoCal, Honda runs a lot of TV ads where the Helpful Honda Guys show up in various places on "hidden cameras" and do Random Acts of Helpfulness, buying people's gas, helping people out, whatever.

So even though I meant to be taking a shot at Honda, if y'all don't have those commercials there, then my apologies for just sounding assholish. Definitely was not my intent.

I have struggled with weight my whole life. Been up with poor choices and down with hard work. I make no excuses for poor choices. I have also not seen the commercial to say it makes a good point. I would point to the rash of deaths in the fitness and bodybuilding community recently to offer supporting evidence that health and appearance may not always be a straight line.
I would point to the mountains of studies that relate obesity to health issues. Just because anorexia is unhealthy doesn't make obesity any less unhealthy. Let's not live in the excluded middle fallacy here. If the purpose of the PSA is to treat overweight people with kindness, is it kind to give them a false sense of security that health and medical studies would warn against?

Tennessee women had less interest than expected after firing an alum who made Sweet 16 two of last three years

Kentucky struggling to land its top targets

….when we fire Barnes for only being a consistent top 10 program, it will be fascinating to see how much interest in our job there is

Tennessee women had less interest than expected after firing an alum who made Sweet 16 two of last three years

….when we fire Barnes for only being a consistent top 10 program, it will be fascinating to see how much interest in our job there is
Barnes is going to retire on his own terms, having made our job more attractive. That's a real accomplishment.

Edit: I know you were being sarcastic

Last edited:

There will be more interest because he isnt getting fired. He'll retire.

And besides I think it'll be an internal hire. It'll be a full search, might throw an offer at a white whale then return to hiring a current or recent assistant.

UT won't fire Barnes. He needs to retire here.

Eh UK is having a hard time landing their targets bc their targets are national championship winning current coaches. Not many of those exist.

Besides Oats. That’s really the only surprise to me that he didn’t want to participate in the convo

Reactions: knoxvol52
ok, someone help me not to freak out and make a snap judgement regarding Barnes.

We know he's a helluva coach, but this is pretty bad. Certainly not Everest, but a major hill to climb. Get to recruiting Rick.

the guard is a start

Reactions: knoxvol52
Aidoo seemed to have one foot out the door since last year. I thought something was up with this team the last 1/4 of the season. His production will be easily replaced in the portal. The question is will we?
i think Aidoo is much less a deal than Awaka. We've missed that physicality.

ok, someone help me not to freak out and make a snap judgement regarding Barnes.

We know he's a helluva coach, but this is pretty bad. Certainly not Everest, but a major hill to climb. Get to recruiting Rick.
Nothing to freak out about yet. We are in it with several big transfer and now we know what pieces we need and better idea of NIL availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back