Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think we can do 2 for 1 there. They were solid players but not something that can't be replaced. I'm just not sure Barnes and company want to play those games. He's interested in players that their sole purpose isn't squeezing every nickel out of a program. Unfortunately, I think the pool of those players is pretty small.
Yep...that is my fear as well.

I hate the purely mercenary nature of players now...is this what everybody wanted when they wanted players to be able to get something for their efforts?...I want them to, but this is exactly what I feared would happen....that it would just turn into a chaotic garbage heap of pure unadulterated greed on all sides.

They don't care about us...ZERO...so why should we care about them?

Fans...you know..the ones that offer our time, money and hearts to these players and coaches, the thing that makes it all possible...are nothing to these people.

I hate losing animals. Will be upset when any of our Horses or mini cows go.
I have a 30-something horse that is completely blind now. She's still going but I know her time will come soon....... But I've been saying that for a year now.......I know exactly what you mean, even if you've prepared yourself you're never ready for it.

Eh UK is having a hard time landing their targets bc their targets are national championship winning current coaches. Not many of those exist.

Besides Oats. That’s really the only surprise to me that he didn’t want to participate in the convo
So far the KU's targets have played it like rookies. They need to allow speculation to percolate for a while in order to leverage a lucrative extension.

good to know he will be back for camp..last I saw on here back when it occured was Oct timeline.
Every time I hear something it seems further away each time. I don't think anyone outside of Cam, his family, players & the staff really know. I hope he's back for fall camp. I was really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Lol. Y'all love absolutes. I am not creating a middle fallacy for anything. If a kid with low iq does we'll on a test through study and hard work I don't remind him how low he scored against the mean.

The same rules can apply to every struggle a human has, and we all have some.
The statement in question is closer to telling him that there's no need to study than smiling quietly and encouraging him for the studying he did. Again, the point in question was telling obese people that health isn't about the amount of weight lost. Similar sentiment in your example would be to just tell less smart people that there's no need to study.

I'll offer another example. The phrase "Mad as a hatter" was a disparaging insult based on the fact that hat-makers went crazy quite often. They formed the bills of hats by chewing them. Turns out they were ingesting toxic chemicals while doing so that caused brain damage. Would it be kinder to affirm them by denying the health consequences, or tell them, "Guys, you'll be healthier if you stop chewing on toxic chemicals."?

Last edited:
Aidoo got bullied in the sec/ncaa tournaments this year, as well as throughout the season against the 6’10 or taller C’s. He also let a freshman play more than him in the E8, so I think he wasn’t that great to begin with, and we can upgrade in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back