Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, someone help me not to freak out and make a snap judgement regarding Barnes.

We know he's a helluva coach, but this is pretty bad. Certainly not Everest, but a major hill to climb. Get to recruiting Rick.

the guard is a start
Don’t think he’s been surprised. More money available to add around ZZ. We’ll be fine.

ok, someone help me not to freak out and make a snap judgement regarding Barnes.

We know he's a helluva coach, but this is pretty bad. Certainly not Everest, but a major hill to climb. Get to recruiting Rick.

the guard is a start
It’s really not. This has been happening at other schools, and we have had the luxury of developing most of our players. The culture. I think it’s clear that Aidoo or Awaka was going- interested to see if Awaka will reconsider. Estrella is going to be good. Not surprised by any of get others. We will add good players.

Methinks Barnes is flipping this roster to go all-in on the portal to make another run with Zakai running point then hang it up.
I don't...I think we are going to do well to make the Dance next year.

Money ruins everything...and very few players that are worth a crap want to work as hard as RB makes them work on defense.

Screw em all...and I regret that I was taking up for Aidoo.

It’s really not. This has been happening at other schools, and we have had the luxury of developing most of our players. The culture. I think it’s clear that Aidoo or Awaka was going- interested to see if Awaka will reconsider. Estrella is going to be good. Not surprised by any of get others. We will add good players.
Agreed on Estrella. He came a long way.

i think Aidoo is much less a deal than Awaka. We've missed that physicality.
I actually think we can do 2 for 1 there. They were solid players but not something that can't be replaced. I'm just not sure Barnes and company want to play those games. He's interested in players that their sole purpose isn't squeezing every nickel out of a program. Unfortunately, I think the pool of those players is pretty small.

As some of you may know I used to run a rescue for farm animals. Due to the economy and unfortunate circumstances we've had to scale back. We still care for many special needs and hospice cases but we just can't take in new cases

I post all that to update you on one of our original goats, the herd queen for many years who presented with cancer about a year and a half ago. We knew her time would come but were so encouraged by her flight and will. She's had an open cancerous wound on her female parts that we've successfully managed for the duration.

She slowed down some over the past 4 months but her spirits were high, she loved her hay and fig newtons and animal crackers. Spent time with her youngest daughter...... But then she started presenting with loose stool. No big deal we just clean her and treat her....... Let her spend it the remainder of her days with her daughter who is due to give birth any day............. Until Monday night she was much weaker. Tuesday afternoon I went to clean her up again and noticed my worst fears.......fly strike. They had invaded her body........ There was only one thing left to do.

We filled her full of her favorite Fig Newton, animal crackers and alfalfa hay that night. And again I'm the morning. Then took her to the vet to release her peacefully.......

I'm posting a picture of her here when we first took over the farm about 6 years ago, she was in her prime as herd queen........ Scratching her belly on something as she often did....... Rest easy Bertha! We called her Big B.......... We will look after your daughter and her babies...... We wish you could have met them!

View attachment 633579
I hate losing animals. Will be upset when any of our Horses or mini cows go.

I would point to the mountains of studies that relate obesity to health issues. Just because anorexia is unhealthy doesn't make obesity any less unhealthy. Let's not live in the excluded middle fallacy here. If the purpose of the PSA is to treat overweight people with kindness, is it kind to give them a false sense of security that health and medical studies would warn against?
Lol. Y'all love absolutes. I am not creating a middle fallacy for anything. If a kid with low iq does we'll on a test through study and hard work I don't remind him how low he scored against the mean.

The same rules can apply to every struggle a human has, and we all have some.

I don't...I think we are going to do well to make the Dance next year.

Money ruins everything...and very few players that are worth a crap want to work as hard as RB makes them work on defense.

Screw em all...and I regret that I was taking up for Aidoo.
I gotta agree. I think we need to all begin prepping for next year being a tough one.

Could end up being a good thing, provided we find the right players. Again not Everest, but a hill to climb.

A bird in hand...or some such.
If we get good players, I look forward to, basically, a fresh start. Loved watching the old players over the years, but maybe the new team won't have as many offensive slumps? Just seeing a new formation can be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back