Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m sure of it, all I know as of right now is that she’s in Erlanger in Chattanooga. I can try to get more details if I need too.
I know it’s asking a lot, but do you know if we can send flowers and room number? And yes, again asking a lot, but she’s been on all our minds today and want to do something.

Swear to the good lord I’m going to be purchasing tickets for either the FL or Bama (her choice) game this upcoming season for her and sending them her way.

Don’t care about the price, don’t care how she gets there, she’s going to be going to one of those games.

By god🥹🥹🫡

1717642587992.gif

I know it’s asking a lot, but do you know if we can send flowers and room number? And yes, again asking a lot, but she’s been on all our minds today and want to do something.
I’ll reach out to her Aunt tomorrow and ask, I’m sure she’s in the bed by now. But I don’t care a bit to ask her!!!

I spoke with SweetasSoda Aunt this evening, she said that she does have Bacterial Meningitis, they’ve got her in an induced coma and she’s on a ventilator . They’ve upped her sedation today due to having seizures. She’s still holding on but still very critical and in need of prayer!!!
Pray harder Volnation!! SaS is still fighting 🧡

I spoke with SweetasSoda Aunt this evening, she said that she does have Bacterial Meningitis, they’ve got her in an induced coma and she’s on a ventilator . They’ve upped her sedation today due to having seizures. She’s still holding on but still very critical and in need of prayer!!!
I had Bacterial Spinal Meningitis in middle school. Was on a vent as well and in the hospital for like 7-10 days - and on pretty serious meds and home bound for a while after.

My mom and dad have shared stories with me about how horrible the whole thing was and helpless they felt through the process. Now being a father, I can’t imagine what that was like for them.

Full recovery from it, however. Thank the Lord.

I only share this story to say, it can look bleak and recovery can still be just right around the corner. Praying for @SweetasSoda

Last edited:
I’ll reach out to her Aunt tomorrow and ask, I’m sure she’s in the bed by now. But I don’t care a bit to ask her!!!
You just give us the information and we’ll do what we do. Mostly prayers now, but she’s a strong woman and GOD is holding her hand. We also miss you and want to hear from you besides a drive by.

I would like to ask everyone in this thread.

In your line of work, whether it has been a side job, a job you had when younger, or in your current profession, have either of you ever gotten “out of character” when dealing with a rude/belligerent or an ungrateful person?

That can be in hospitality, food service, retail, business, contracting, or any job dealing with the public.

I’m sure it’ll be a mixed bag of answers, but I’m just genuinely curious.
Sure, I worked retail. I am normally pretty easy going and usually strive to understand a customer’s complaint, but one woman really ticked me off one time. She cussed me for about 2 minutes and finally I had my fill. I got right in her face and told her to shut up or I was going to pick her up and throw her out of the store. I told I would really do it and told her to just try me. She stopped talking and walked out of the store. I never saw her again and never heard from her. Now this was 35 plus years ago. Today, it would have been all over social media

This part of VN...the good ol RF...is really just a large dysfunctional family....SaS is one of the ones that keep us glued together.

I'm not well liked or loved, and that is my fault, but SaS always has my back, and she is one of the very few that can rein me in...I don't give a crap what a lot of people here think about me, but she is one of the few that I do care what they think, if she tells me I am over the line...I listen.
You are both well liked and loved you grumpy curmudgeon 😊

We are definitely a family here.

I pray that @SweetasSoda pulls through this. 🙏🙏🙏🧡🧡🧡

SKEETER BRO!!!! wow how could I forget ole Skeet Skeet!…he’s definitely one of the OG’s along with Leb…both brought accurate info I’m pretty sure

Skeeter was money for a while. He left out on a losing streak saying Pruitt would be coaching in 2021 tho. Really not sure if he was legit or just guessing for a long time but it was fun while it lasted. And nothing was better than going to any thread on the RF and seeing Leb go on about how we would pull a potential commit's scholarship.

Swear to the good lord I’m going to be purchasing tickets for either the FL or Bama (her choice) game this upcoming season for her and sending them her way.

Don’t care about the price, don’t care how she gets there, she’s going to be going to one of those games.
We can help as long as she provides photos or not. We can help.

You just give us the information and we’ll do what we do. Mostly prayers now, but she’s a strong woman and GOD is holding her hand. We also miss you and want to hear from you besides a drive by.
I appreciate that Lady. That divorce it really rocked me. I’m doing fine, I got full custody of my son who is 12 now and that was what was important to me. Spend most of my off time in the gym now. It was a sanctuary no doubt about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back