Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with SweetasSoda Aunt this evening, she said that she does have Bacterial Meningitis, they’ve got her in an induced coma and she’s on a ventilator . They’ve upped her sedation today due to having seizures. She’s still holding on but still very critical and in need of prayer!!!
Continued prayers for SAS. God is still in the healing business.

Nobody wants Leb back and Skeeter stopped having info around 2009. He just dipped, no one ran him off.

People did run LA Vol off though and I wish he'd come back.
LA Vol wasn't really "ran off". He had a small disagreement with one person. It wasn't even that big of a deal. I thought it was kinda weird he said he was leaving because of it.

I appreciate that Lady. That divorce it really rocked me. I’m doing fine, I got full custody of my son who is 12 now and that was what was important to me. Spend most of my off time in the gym now. It was a sanctuary no doubt about it
I’ve been there. When my ex husband left, he decided he wanted a girlfriend on the side and I decided it wasn’t a good idea 🙄. Anyway, when he left he cleaned out the bank account and moved to Texas with his honey ( all my Exes live in Texas 🙄). I lost everything. I put myself through school, worked two jobs and raised my angry 15 year old with no help physically or monetary. It was rough, but we reached the sunshine through bumps and dips. You will also. I hope you post more, you were good at posting sunshine posts. It’s needed.

I spoke with SweetasSoda Aunt this evening, she said that she does have Bacterial Meningitis, they’ve got her in an induced coma and she’s on a ventilator . They’ve upped her sedation today due to having seizures. She’s still holding on but still very critical and in need of prayer!!!
Prayers sent 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

I will include her in my prayers this evening when I lay my head down and let go of the day. Thanks for the update!

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 for SaS

I would like to ask everyone in this thread.

In your line of work, whether it has been a side job, a job you had when younger, or in your current profession, have either of you ever gotten “out of character” when dealing with a rude/belligerent or an ungrateful person?

That can be in hospitality, food service, retail, business, contracting, or any job dealing with the public.

I’m sure it’ll be a mixed bag of answers, but I’m just genuinely curious.
I'm a mailman. That's everyday 😆

Normally, I just stand there and take it, but when they start cussing, I just get back in my truck and leave. I'm afraid I might say something that will get me fired. It ain't worth it.

I had to call the police twice. One guy threatened to kill me . The other threatened to let his Rottweilers out .

It hasn’t always been. I’ve been regularly reading it since the days of Kiffin. The only reason I come in now is to see if anything notable has occurred with the football team or in football recruiting, not because “it happens to have football in the title” but because the title literally means it is a place to talk of football. Any deviation from its literal and original purpose has been an evolution.

In any case, you guys and girls seem to be having a good time so please continue. I will just come back in August and will be happy to do so then.
Hang out awhile, join in the conversations, you might enjoy!

Lord God, if it be your will we are asking that you work a miracle. We know that you are the creator of all things, and all things that are good come from you. SaS is one of your good things, and we lift her up in prayer to you. Use her as a testament to your power and goodness. I love you and praise you always, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

I’ve been there. When my ex husband left, he decided he wanted a girlfriend on the side and I decided it wasn’t a good idea 🙄. Anyway, when he left he cleaned out the bank account and moved to Texas with his honey ( all my Exes live in Texas 🙄). I lost everything. I put myself through school, worked two jobs and raised my angry 15 year old with no help physically or monetary. It was rough, but we reached the sunshine through bumps and dips. You will also. I hope you post more, you were good at posting sunshine posts. It’s needed.
I came out smelling like a Rose as far as the material items. She got nothing, she didn’t even show up for court. What bothered me the most was walking out on my kids. My kids have not heard from her in over a year now. I could care less myself but my heart hurts for them 🤷‍♂️

There are plenty of regulars still here. Not sure what forum you have been reading. Posters do come and go but for the most part, this core group of posters has sustained this board way the hell longer than any other message board I have ever seen.
You and I officially joined on the same day…. over 14 YEARS ago lol.

Where all da regulars go though???

You and I officially joined on the same day…. over 14 YEARS ago lol.

Where all da regulars go though???

I joined in January of 2010 as well. Kiffin’s abrupt departure was my trigger. I’ve floated in different VN forums over the years and have posts in probably every forum. But it was sometime in 2015 or 2016 that I found myself at home in the recruiting forum. This forum has some of the best and most levelheaded posters and a better portion of our fanbase. I love the camaraderie here, and you especially see it in times of adversity like with @SweetasSoda’s fight. I remember AtlantaVol giving away tickets to a poster on here, so he could attend his first game with his son.

I post in other subforums as well, and I see names in here that also frequent the others. I mainly stay away from the FF, like most in this thread.
This thread is my absolute favorite one.

I came out smelling like a Rose as far as the material items. She got nothing, she didn’t even show up for court. What bothered me the most was walking out on my kids. My kids have not heard from her in over a year now. I could care less myself but my heart hurts for them 🤷‍♂️
I don’t feel giving this a like giving this a like because of the hurt involved. It was hard. I miss nothing as far as the material things go. They’re material things. My ex moved out to go live basically a block away and never tried to see my son. Looking back, it probably had more to face me. I hate that for more for my son. I prayed during all those times for GOD to help MY, because he was mine and MINE and alone to help him to find peace, forgiveness and find happiness. I wasn’t providing it and I knew GOD was the only way. He floundered around for a bit because of my above posts, but he met someone. I still remember that conversation. “Mom, I met someone that is the one and she used to work for you’. Well, I was stumped. I asked who. Apparently he hooked up with a girl that worked for me when he volunteered to help me for a big Thanksgiving meal at work. Long story short, he ended up marrying her and I couldn’t be happier. Remind me guys to tell you the story of my catering their reception and I wore my chucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back