Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lady Vol hire was underwhelming to say the least. The vibe I got from LA was he thought the hire was beneath the Lady Vols. I was of the mindset of "anyone not named Pretty Holy".
Pretty Holy? You were expecting divine intervention?

Dang. A helmet away from no Beast 😳

My grandpa had just graduated NYU a few years earlier. Him and my grandmother (who left her job at the Empire State Building as a receptionist) left The Bronx to move off to some unheard of place he had been recruited to...Oak Ridge. They moved in right as the town was popping up practically overnight. What exactly he did...nobody will ever really know. We just knew he was an engineer who later in life also worked in finance for the OR plants.

He took me to his hometown when I was 16. Boston...but more precisely Charlestown...just one block from freakin Bunker Hill.

That guy was living in and around history. So cool to me. The Greatest Generation moved differently.
That is definitely true.

It’s always a crap shoot hiring coaches. Very VERY few programs are actually able to make true splash automatic home run hires. There aren’t even that many realistic home run hires available. I figure if a coach has been highly successful everywhere they’ve been up until that point they deserve a shot, and no need to trash them.
Tennessee has done it 4 times in 4 different sports recently.

Basketball
Baseball
Football

Now Women’s Basketball

Sometimes the splash is silent 🤫

CWS here we come!

16-0 🤠 is right around the corner.

The dude I loved reading rhe most was grizzvol or whatever. We called him grizz. He didn't always mean to he but he was hilarious.
Grizz would hit it.

Also, for funny, Billy C. For those who never got to read Billy Costigan's posts, you missed out.

Also, bosgap.

Who was the "everyone else is a peasant" poster?

He was also funny, though I don't think he was trying to be. He was like a caricature.

No idea. He just hasn't been around in years. I think the last time he was on was in 2021. @volatil apparently isn't active anymore. Hope he's alright. In tribute to him:

. View attachment 646225
lot of inactives. that may be this guy soon.

sorry not the sugar mama, my wife already has a sugar daddy.

I’ve never been a big fan of the “take my ball and go home” type that can’t fathom how someone would dare disagree with them. Everyone knows there are idiots on here, why let the idiot margin get you so upset that you leave?

The “you don’t know who I am” posters

The “you don’t appreciate my information enough so I will show you, I will keep my information to myself from now on and you will be devastated” type posters.

Some people really think too much of themselves and their “importance”
You obviously don't know who I am, but if I take my ball and go home, that will make too many people happy, so I can't do that.

80th Anniversary of D-Day landings at Normandy. Hear's to those WWII veterans who paid the ultimate sacrifice that day, and those are still with us. Truly the Greatest Generation.
You know, the more times around the sun I go, the more I appreciate the Greatest Generation...

Y

Yep
I’ve watched and researched a ton on that war and
Those guys were hardasses.
I had a great grandfather that was in that war
He drove a tank
My dad and my Uncle Ray were in that war - they talked about it to each other but rarely to us…Dad was an infantry mechanic in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back