Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, thinking they start with Arnold or save him?

Best I can tell he was their Friday guy during season but postseason he’s been getting G2 start. UConn got to him in G2 even tho FSU still won.

So that’s a tough question. Will they keep their regular postseason rotation and save him for G2 or try to throw their best vs Vols bc he gives them their best chance of starting off tourney with a W. And also it would allow him more opportunities to come back if they continue to win.

My guess - and it’s a total guess - is he gets the nod vs Vols. Either way I’d say it’ll be him or Dorsey (7-4, 4.67 ERA, 69.1 IP, 81 Ks, 35 BBs). But I’d roll with Arnold if I was them.

Best I can tell he was their Friday guy during season but postseason he’s been getting G2 start. UConn got to him in G2 even tho FSU still won.

So that’s a tough question. Will they keep their regular postseason rotation and save him for G2 or try to throw their best vs Vols bc he gives them their best chance of starting off tourney with a W. And also it would allow him more opportunities to come back if they continue to win.

My guess - and it’s a total guess - is he gets the nod vs Vols. Either way I’d say it’ll be him or Dorsey (7-4, 4.67 ERA, 69.1 IP, 81 Ks, 35 BBs). But I’d roll with Arnold if I was them.
Wish Sechrist would be able to go game 1 for us. He’s our best starter and experienced. I certainly don’t like the thought of Stamos starting game 1 in CWS.

Let’s keep it real, a lot of those places don’t make food like they use to anymore. I went to Olive Garden not long ago and ordered my fav chicken scampi, and it tasted like it came from a gas station. I couldn’t believe that sh*t.
Absolutely...there's been a decline at a lot of restaurants and establishments I used to go to. I think at least part of it is related to their attempts to reduce costs.

That was my first time here. I was a 247 member, but the crowd was too small to keep alive at night. I was working a graveyard shift at the bank. Those Gruden threads were life juice for me fr. It was hilarious how quickly all the regs turned on naysayers every single time...I mean it was mostly just a running joke...but a joke everyone secretly hoped might come real 😅🤣

Great entertainment regardless
Man, those were the days

Also, during TV's soliloquy last night he made a comment about "if you're a recruit and you're coming here to see our facilities and our program just to ask how much money we can give you don't waste your time or our time."

We had several top transfer portal targets on a recruiting visit for the Supers. Someone pissed him off 😂

Also, during TV's soliloquy last night he made a comment about "if you're a recruit and you're coming here to see our facilities and our program just to ask how much money we can give you don't waste your time or our time."

We had several top transfer portal targets on a recruiting visit for the Supers. Someone pissed him off 😂
I absolutely love the dude. He calls a spade a spade.

Stamos just the opener. Causey will get the majority of the innings
Yeah but get in a 3 or 4 run deficit early against their ace, and you might be staring straight down the barrel at Game 1 loss. I’d rather put my best out and go all out to win the 1st 2 games.

Reactions: JacketVol
Yeah but get in a 3 or 4 run deficit early against their ace, and you might be staring straight down the barrel at Game 1 loss. I’d rather put my best out and go all out to win the 1st 2 games.

I see what you’re saying but didn’t have the chance to go down 3-4 runs vs Evansville, what makes you think TV would give Stamos that much leash in G1 of the CWS?

Reactions: OrangenSC

Vandy’s NIL program, just so they can try to get anyone
1718040006320.gif

During Tony's beautiful postgame rant he mentioned Jared Dickey and the 2022 team saying (para), "Love em or hate em, that team got everyone talking about and watching college baseball."

Which prompted a thought with me...

Do you think the regionals and supers would all have been nationally televised now if it hadn't been for that 2022 team?

If it hadn't been the team that brought more energy and excitement and drama and flair to the sport? Stuff that permeated throughout CBB where we saw other teams doing celebrations and props and bat flips.

I don't remember when they started broadcasting all the games to be honest. I remember not too long ago the only college baseball games I'd see on ESPN were the CWS final series. Then around 2018 I remember all of Omaha being broadcasted, then a few years later the Supers and big regional matchups. Now it's like a little March Madness.
I mentioned several times that I was in Omaha for the first game in 2021. I was with a longtime friend, whose cousin was also there. His cousin is a MLB scout and graduate of Mississippi State. He knew TV and said UT being good in baseball is great for the game because the fan base is a sleeping giant. We show up to support our team, and there’s much more growth opportunity at a place like UT. He said Vandy being good does nothing for the sport- their support is limited. It’s an interesting perspective, and one that the power brokers don’t seem to understand. We all know they care about the bottom line.

Would work fine. We have great flexibility now. Especially with Causey, Combs, Snead coming out the pen at various times and roles.
Whatever our best lineup would be to maximize our chances for the first two games, we need to do it... if we can win our first two, we are sitting pretty moving forward...

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
If you haven't seen Coach Vitello's post game press conference watch it. If you are an "expert" watch it again. THAT is what coaching is all about. Not a bunch of false macho garbage or rah-rah bull crap. Not caring about what the media or anyone outside of the program thinks and having your player's backs at all times. Those kids will go to the wall for him. That's what you call success. The rest of it is just outside noise.

During Tony's beautiful postgame rant he mentioned Jared Dickey and the 2022 team saying (para), "Love em or hate em, that team got everyone talking about and watching college baseball."

Which prompted a thought with me...

Do you think the regionals and supers would all have been nationally televised now if it hadn't been for that 2022 team?

If it hadn't been the team that brought more energy and excitement and drama and flair to the sport? Stuff that permeated throughout CBB where we saw other teams doing celebrations and props and bat flips.

I don't remember when they started broadcasting all the games to be honest. I remember not too long ago the only college baseball games I'd see on ESPN were the CWS final series. Then around 2018 I remember all of Omaha being broadcasted, then a few years later the Supers and big regional matchups. Now it's like a little March Madness.
The also show women’s soccer with three goals and multiple teams playing at the same time.😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back