Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always skeptical of the new "thing" but I tried on some on clouds and dang if they weren't fantastically comfortable for those couple minutes. Hopefully that lasts.

Also on sale and close enough to Tennessee colors to wear on game day!View attachment 647631
My favorites. Have a pair of gray and orange.

Brooks just don't last long for me. On my feet all day teaching and they seemed to wear out fast.
If anyone has foot issues I highly recommend trying 0 drop wide toe box shoes. Altras are an example. My foot health has never been better.

Crocs are ugly as sin, but a good platform for standing on your feet for long periods. Partially the wide toe box helps. No surprise to me nurses made them popular.

Damn man. She's really battling.

Also, during TV's soliloquy last night he made a comment about "if you're a recruit and you're coming here to see our facilities and our program just to ask how much money we can give you don't waste your time or our time."

We had several top transfer portal targets on a recruiting visit for the Supers. Someone pissed him off 😂
#177,172

Do we start Beam and then Zander in game 2?
TV is loyal to his team and to his process. I think starters will remain the same. Stamos-Causey / Beam / Sechrist. Difference in this tournament and the SEC/Resgion/Super is that there is a day between each game. I would think TV will have a short rope on all starters. This bullpen will get a workout.

I'm always skeptical of the new "thing" but I tried on some on clouds and dang if they weren't fantastically comfortable for those couple minutes. Hopefully that lasts.

Also on sale and close enough to Tennessee colors to wear on game day!View attachment 647631
Wifey gave me some for my birthday last year and I think they're great.

If anyone has foot issues I highly recommend trying 0 drop wide toe box shoes. Altras are an example. My foot health has never been better.

Crocs are ugly as sin, but a good platform for standing on your feet for long periods. Partially the wide toe box helps. No surprise to me nurses made them popular.
I just recently threw away my crocs from when I was 14. The first wave of popularity for them. They made it 16.5 years

TV is loyal to his team and to his process. I think starters will remain the same. Stamos-Causey / Beam / Sechrist. Difference in this tournament and the SEC/Resgion/Super is that there is a day between each game. I would think TV will have a short rope on all starters. This bullpen will get a workout.
This is true. I won't be the least bit surprised if Stamos/Causey is the call on Friday.

However, you don't want to have to go back to Knoxville without Zander Sechrist getting a chance to start. So I also won't be shocked if it's Beam to start and Sechrist in game 2.

I just figure Tony and Frank know more than I do about who to start at P on Friday. I'm going to roll with their judgement. And I'm not going to second guess them. It's going to be a tough series.

(Not saying that others don't have informed opinions on the matter.)

And as I always say, this game one is the biggest game of the year as things stand now. Because the present game is the biggest game. LFG! 🍊

This is true. I won't be the least bit surprised if Stamos/Causey is the call on Friday.

However, you don't want to have to go back to Knoxville without Zander Sechrist getting a chance to start. So I also won't be shocked if it's Beam to start and Sechrist in game 2.
I have thought about that and understand your thought process. Will be interesting to see how he plays it. Do you break the sequence that got you here or do you go with the “hot hands”? I still think he goes with the normal rotation thinking either way, he wants Sechrist for the third day.

Florida ST has changed their rotation. Arnold has gone from the first position (Friday night) to a second position (Saturday) in their rotation. Will they change it up and go back to what got them in the tournament or do they stay with what has been successful in the tournament?

This is what makes baseball so investing…….the game within the game.

In my opinion, the first two games are HUGE. If we can go 2-0, I like our chances.

Went and looked at Arnold’s starts….he is a strikeout machine BUT has shown the propensity to get knocked out early 4-5 innings against good teams. Usually goes 6 innings and appears to be held right at 100 pitches. He has been going on 7 days rest.

Our game is 6 days so not sure how they will handle this. We will need to have great plate discipline and work his pitch count up. When he makes a mistake, capitalize. We have been very good at that.

Last edited:
I have thought about that and understand your thought process. Will be interesting to see how he plays it. Do you break the sequence that got you here or do you go with the “hot hands”? I still think he goes with the normal rotation thinking either way, he wants Sechrist for the third day.

Florida ST has changed their rotation. Arnold has gone from the first position (Friday night) to a second position (Saturday) in their rotation. Will they change it up and go back to what got them in the tournament or do they stay with what has been successful in the tournament?

This is what makes baseball so investing…….the game within the game.

In my opinion, the first two games are HUGE. If we can go 2-0, I like our chances.

Arnold in 2nd game for them hasn’t been as successful as his Friday night spot during regular season. I’d expect they go back to Arnold G1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back