Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would have gone with a different Explosions in The Sky song doe...probably the midway point of Your Hand in Mine jmo.

Great show they put on...funny too...the year they played Bonnaroo they said they wouldn't be doing an encore because they had to go run to the Sports Tent to watch Game 6 of the Dallas v Heat Finals (which ended up being one of the greatest games all-time 🥳), as they're big Dallas fans.

No encore 😅 iykyk

Last edited:
Very interesting at least

Weird. Coming out of retirement (3 years ago at age 63) at age 66 (last gig was 15 years at his Alma mater - LSU). How much longer can he coach? How much time can he commit? Is he just a figure head to drive recruiting while they figure out the next guy through the hiring of talented young assistants?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Oh lort 😳

Reminds of Cedar Springs church league back in the day...the opposing team had a well known guy around Bearden/Cedar Bluff on their team, he had been the basketball trainer at BHS for years...good guy, disabled.

My buddy had no idea. They put him in the game with a round of applause... and my guy went straight at him, ripped a steal, and put it in for a layup at the dismay of all 🤦‍♂️He never lived it down haha

3 World Series in 4 years is nuts for a program that went 15 years between post-season appearances and historically hasn't done too much. And they stand as good a chance as anyone of winning the whole thing. Good times on Rocky Top.
It only takes one great coach.

See: Every major UT sport atm

Name a recruit you were super hyped about, but we didn’t land, then they never amounted to anything anyways….

I’ll go first

2018 class, edge Jordan Davis

Was from Memphis and flirted with us once Pruitt was hired. Spurned us at the end iirc.

Never heard from again
That 2015 dual threat QB kid that had an entire blog on his recruitment via SI...ended up at OSU...as a WR 😅😅

Ben McKee was on Josh and Swain and the Texas rumor was brought up. Paraphrasing, McKee said he's heard the rumor for a long time now, but believes TV will be staying at TN. Will probably get a raise to make him the highest paid HC in baseball north of 2 million. TN has been negotiating with TV's reps for couple months now. TV has also been looking for property around Knox. Texas still has a sitting HC, but will probably be fired.

Ben McKee was on Josh and Swain and the Texas rumor was brought up. Paraphrasing, McKee said he's heard the rumor for a long time now, but believes TV will be staying at TN. Will probably get a raise to make him the highest paid HC in baseball north of 2 million. TN has been negotiating with TV's reps for couple months now. TV has also been looking for property around Knox. Texas still has a sitting HC, but will probably be fired.
dang has more legs than i thought

Reactions: BigSteve09 and ugg

Corbin made $2.9M last season so I assume he means a north of $2M annual raise on top his $1.5M salary now if he’s saying they’ll make him the highest paid coach

Edit: Corbin made $2.44 this season, not $2.9! So $2.5ish would do it.

Let’s keep it real, a lot of those places don’t make food like they use to anymore. I went to Olive Garden not long ago and ordered my fav chicken scampi, and it tasted like it came from a gas station. I couldn’t believe that sh*t.
People are smartin' up. Go to local restaurants. Support real chefs, not that BS. I promise your town will end up with better competition and better restaurants.

Go to any great food town...you won't find strip malls full of chain garbagerants.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who takes that rumor seriously.

Troll and click-ho Dave Hooker was the last person I saw spreading the story in the twittersphere. Hooker's previous story posted here about a week earlier was that Pruitt was unjustly fired at Tennessee. He may have done a whole show or whatever he does on that topic.

He. Is. Not. Leaving.

Hyped to hear from you that he is looking for property around Knox.

Last edited:
Brooks are 🔥🔥
Like any line of shoes, you get what you pay for. Brooks Adrenaline shoes are good…the Glycerins are better and my go to shoes. I would stay away of the lower level/priced shoes.

I have not tried On Clouds however. I have/had upper level Asics Gel and New Balance shoes. Both are pretty good. Mizunos are okay but not very stabilizing when cutting. Adidas just fit poorly…at least with my foot. Have not had a pair of Nikes in years as they always fell apart quickly…that, and their support of Kaepernick has me boycotting the brand…and yes, I know it is the brand of our beloved Orange. Not a fan of Hokas. For comfort for those with foot problems, me included, can’t beat Skechers.

Really??? PM is 66 and was run out of LSU because of his lack of recruiting. This is a disaster hire for SC if you ask me. Their fans are melting over the potential hire.
I should've considered your opinion before having my own. My mistake!

Carolina has been booty for a while. They'd be hiring a national title winner with 4 SEC reg season titles, 6 SEC tourney titles, and 9 combined Big East reg/tourney titles with about a .700 win percentage in D1 and 6 CWS appearances.

It's a Rick Barnes/Mack Brown type hire. It's far from a disaster and you'd be hard pressed to find a better resume right now. Calling it a disaster is an epic hyperbole. It's likely that a young, successful midmajor coach is hesitant to take that job with how far down they are and with how tough the SEC is and the additions of Texas and OU.

PM can stabilize the program, bring back some success, and develop a coach to take it over in a few years or at least make it more appealing for the next hire. I genuinely hope it fails but it's a smart/wise move.

Yep game 1 is FSU.

The brackets will be double elimination too.

TN vs FSU
UNC vs Virginia
Kentucky vs winner of GA/NC State
A&M vs Florida
So we do get home-away-home advantage as the higher seed or does the committee tally up how many times you've been the home team in your last 1,000 games, divides it by Pi, while rolling a dice during a full moon to decide?

dang has more legs than i thought
TV is the most sought after HC. Texas wants him, but doubt he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back