Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOLS 2022 team got my loving baseball again. I did love it, when the Braves had Maddox, Glavine, Avery and Smoltz, but then the strike came and it seemed to be all about money and I just lost interest. I still don't care for pro baseball for the most part--- hate that they play all those months - see every team, and it means nothing in post season, among other things. But those 2022 baseVOLS were fun and rowdy and we weren't the only fans that noticed them. So, another success for Tony and that team is that it got fans like me back. Fans who had previously loved baseball but felt it had lost something. What a team that was.
I wonder why that strike killed so many people's love of baseball? Other sports have all had strikes but no similar phenomenon exists afaik.

Not picking on you JCP, my dad also feels this way and it's just something I've wondered for a while.

I wonder why that strike killed so many people's love of baseball? Other sports have all had strikes but no similar phenomenon exists afaik.

Not picking on you JCP, my dad also feels this way and it's just something I've wondered for a while.
Not sure why, but agree wholeheartedly. There were other things on. The sport that had caught my eye as a youth became stale, boring. It opened my eyes to fact that these guys make an incredible amount of money, and still cant be happy. I'm out.

CFB is starting to have same impact.

I believe it was because of the timing of strike, was in August with a little over a month left in regular season then add in no World series. Rubbed fans the wrong way add in the strike lasted over 7 months and affected start of regular season the following year.

MLB was most popular Professional Sports at that time as well, NFL was starting to rise to the heights that it is today and NBA was still in gaining fans.

I love MLB and sometimes I get a little emotional about the game (wink) greatest pastime ever.

Lasted a long time, lots of talk of more more money. The they went to cheating with steroids and the wild cards which is ridiculous when you play all those games IMO. Just found that I had better things to do with my time. (Edit sorry about the wonky post.. ha ha)

Last edited:
Happy Choose Day. This may be the most fitting one yet as we wait for SAS to improve.

June 11, 2024: You are concerned about many things, most of which are completely out of your control. I would have you be at peace, knowing that I am God who hears your prayers and supplications. Yours is not so much to do as to believe that I am with you and for you. Never doubt My presence and ability to undertake on your behalf, says the Lord. John 20:29 Jesus said to him: Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Happy Choose Day. This may be the most fitting one yet as we wait for SAS to improve.

June 11, 2024: You are concerned about many things, most of which are completely out of your control. I would have you be at peace, knowing that I am God who hears your prayers and supplications. Yours is not so much to do as to believe that I am with you and for you. Never doubt My presence and ability to undertake on your behalf, says the Lord. John 20:29 Jesus said to him: Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
right on target. needed this...

It was the fourth strike since 1980, not counting the 1990 lockout that postponed opening day until later on into April. Between the '81 strike & '94-'95 strike, baseball lost over 1,500 games. The '94 strike took the World Series, also...and I believe that was the last straw for a lot of people.

Makes no sense why one is lopsided with sec teams and then the other is loaded with ACC teams…layout is wack..it should have been equally split
11 SEC teams made the tournament and were spread out. These are just the ones that advanced. Arkansas would be on our side as 5th overall seed but lost. Florida is a surprise.

Hard to find a individual who wants that pressure cooker of a job, even without LeBron there it's one of the 2 most under the microscope jobs in NBA. The Celtics being the other one.

Not to make light by poking fun. But, the phrase 'le duh', occurs to me in response to Lebron's self question.

Reactions: knoxvol52

IMO….. it’s bc it stopped the pennant race and ruined a great season…..About all the rest just shortened the season bc it was at the beginning

Not to make light by poking fun. But, the phrase 'le duh', occurs to me in response to Lebron's self question.
LeBron want turn down the $51 million dollars he can make in L.A. next season but I wish he would.

I would rather see a 3 to 4 year rebuild than be a first round playoff exit next season and have to listen to Lebron's press conference comments after every loss.🤦🤦🤦

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back