Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, has the CWS ever consisted of only 2 conferences before?
4 ACC teams
4 SEC teams

We’re in the bracket with 3 ACC teams
NC State in the bracket with 3 SEC teams.
Kinda cool.
Which is the tougher bracket?

What are the chances of Tennessee vs NC State for the championship?

How many games to win it all if they go undefeated?

L
Chicago, New Orleans, New York, Houston, San Fransisco. All great food towns that have tons of chain restaurants and many have strip malls.
LOL at calling the largest cities in the country "towns."

The ratio of local to chain is the issue here, and those places have a massively higher ratio, which makes them good food "towns."

Sounds like maybe Cyr might have been the one that ticked TV about shaking us down comment.

He was in last weekend, but is headed to UF.

Yeah, either him or that Georgetown pitcher that committed to Vandy. I think he didn’t even make his visit to us. Wonder if we caught wind of the NIL stuff and said thanks, but no thanks.

Okay, has the CWS ever consisted of only 2 conferences before?
4 ACC teams
4 SEC teams

We’re in the bracket with 3 ACC teams
NC State in the bracket with 3 SEC teams.
Kinda cool.
Which is the tougher bracket?

What are the chances of Tennessee vs NC State for the championship?

How many games to win it all if they go undefeated?
Last time the CWS was only 2 conferences was like 1948.

I’d say it’s a coin flip on which side of the bracket is tougher. I think offensively our side of the bracket is tougher.

UT and NC State could theoretically make the Finals but don’t know the odds there.

I believe 5 games minimum to win it all if we were to not lose.

Get ready for TX to dominate the NIL era
Orange doesn't see what is going to happen...I do.

We are going to have to win with less in football...the hardest sport to do it in. Going forward..we are going to have to hit on underrated players at a extremely high rate, and we can't afford any busts of the elite rated players we do get..and most of all, whenever we develop a elite player, we cannot let the rich scumbag vulture programs take them from us.

If it goes like I think it's going to go...I will probably check out of sports. Why follow sports when you never get a fair shot?...the only people that will be happy are the bandwagon fans of super rich teams.

VOLS 2022 team got my loving baseball again. I did love it, when the Braves had Maddox, Glavine, Avery and Smoltz, but then the strike came and it seemed to be all about money and I just lost interest. I still don't care for pro baseball for the most part--- hate that they play all those months - see every team, and it means nothing in post season, among other things. But those 2022 baseVOLS were fun and rowdy and we weren't the only fans that noticed them. So, another success for Tony and that team is that it got fans like me back. Fans who had previously loved baseball but felt it had lost something. What a team that was.
Same...I was a rabid baseball fan as a kid before I ever knew anything about football...I probably watched 140+ games a year on TBS, WGN and WOR...plus the game of the week on NBC...I taped games on my VCR when I couldn't watch them live.

And the strike, along with all the other greed troubles ruined it for me too...I've never really followed it since.

L

LOL at calling the largest cities in the country "towns."

The ratio of local to chain is the issue here, and those places have a massively higher ratio, which makes them good food "towns."
Former long time New Orleans resident. There are very few national chain restaurants in New Orleans proper. You have to go to Metairie or New Orleans east near the Causeway to find chains and strip malls. Even out there the mom and pops thrive. Metairie has a great selection of authentic Italian mom and pops, for instance.

I wonder why that strike killed so many people's love of baseball? Other sports have all had strikes but no similar phenomenon exists afaik.

Not picking on you JCP, my dad also feels this way and it's just something I've wondered for a while.
Money ruins everything...and you get sick of watching your best players get still from you.

You guys that never had teams that stayed together for years will never understand...but if you are a Braves fan the Freddie debacle is a good example of why I hate super rich big market teams like the rich Dodgers and Yankoffs and the MLB system in general.

They need true revenue sharing and a hard cap like the NFL to ever get me back.

Money ruins everything...and you get sick of watching your best players get still from you.

You guys that never had teams that stayed together for years will never understand...but if you are a Braves fan the Freddie debacle is a good example of why I hate super rich big market teams like the rich Dodgers and Yankoffs and the MLB system in general.

They need true revenue sharing and a hard cap like the NFL to ever get me back.
I completely understand what you're saying but I don't believe PA would ever sign off on a salary cap in MLB. Would be a hard sell by Owners to convince the players Union.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Orange doesn't see what is going to happen...I do.

We are going to have to win with less in football...the hardest sport to do it in. Going forward..we are going to have to hit on underrated players at a extremely high rate, and we can't afford any busts of the elite rated players we do get..and most of all, whenever we develop a elite player, we cannot let the rich scumbag vulture programs take them from us.

If it goes like I think it's going to go...I will probably check out of sports. Why follow sports when you never get a fair shot?...the only people that will be happy are the bandwagon fans of super rich teams.
As if the last 20 years of deprivation and double standards were "the golden age of Tennessee sports" but the last 3 years have sucked. It's the opposite. We are doing great.

Alas, what is likely going to happen, unfortunately, is that the NCAA is going to use the panic they have instilled by screaming deceptively about "the wild west" to get back into power and double down on their criminal double-standards rigging of outcomes.

But why call me out? Everyone knows what I think about it all. I don't need to go into it.

There is no possible just system because there is no just judge, so you can forget that fantasy. If there were a wise judge, the unwise would not tolerate him/her in power. And, finally, the wise one wouldn't want the job of minding the business of others and winning only hate for it, anyway.

The present circumstances are the least worst we can hope for, insofar as I can determine, and we are experiencing a Vols renaissance across the board in the age of NIL and the portal.

It's not that we won't be outspent by a few. It's that the NCAA is less able to rig outcomes against us. Now we need someway to deal with Birmingham officiating.

Last edited:
Going into every game you feel like you’re going to win it with Vitello, Vitello gets the fanbase going not just with his personality but with the immense success not seen in any sport at UT since Pat Summitt, can’t say that for any other coach at UT at the moment. Do we really head into the Georgia football game every year thinking we are GOING to win as fans? Vol fans I know hope for a win but few expect to win. Same with Bammer game. It’s different with Vitello. Tony Vitello is a different animal and gets the most hype for good reason. Tennessee needs to do whatever it can to make sure he’s here until retirement. Take a poll on who’s their favorite UT coach and guarantee you who gets the nod by a huge huge margin. Recruiting and Development machine. Just the facts until one of the others decide to change the narrative by results.

Going into every game you feel like you’re going to win it with Vitello, Vitello gets the fanbase going not just with his personality but with the immense success not seen in any sport at UT since Pat Summitt, can’t say that for any other coach at UT at the moment. Do we really head into the Georgia football game every year thinking we are GOING to win as fans? Vol fans I know hope for a win but few expect to win. Same with Bammer game. It’s different with Vitello. Tony Vitello is a different animal and gets the most hype for good reason. Tennessee needs to do whatever it can to make sure he’s here until retirement. Take a poll on who’s their favorite UT coach and guarantee you who gets the nod by a huge huge margin. Recruiting and Development machine. Just the facts until one of the others decide to change the narrative by results.
Agree about TV

But,
I also feel like we have a great chance at winning every basketball game under RB the last few years.

I wish Drew would regain his form...I don't understand what is happening to him lately....he sure has the talent.
by looking at him pitch the other day, it looked like he was recoiling his arm on follow through. This will take movement and velocity off a little but effects movement more. His follow through was not smooth as the game went on. Maybe nothing but just an observation I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back