Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into every game you feel like you’re going to win it with Vitello, Vitello gets the fanbase going not just with his personality but with the immense success not seen in any sport at UT since Pat Summitt, can’t say that for any other coach at UT at the moment. Do we really head into the Georgia football game every year thinking we are GOING to win as fans? Vol fans I know hope for a win but few expect to win. Same with Bammer game. It’s different with Vitello. Tony Vitello is a different animal and gets the most hype for good reason. Tennessee needs to do whatever it can to make sure he’s here until retirement. Take a poll on who’s their favorite UT coach and guarantee you who gets the nod by a huge huge margin. Recruiting and Development machine. Just the facts until one of the others decide to change the narrative by results.
In football I believe we'll beat bama going into the game

So far, Heupel has the highest finish of any of our coaches finishing at #6 in his second year. And he had to do it under extreme curcumstances: a depleted roster and a severe penalty affectng recruiting.

Now that Vitello has us in the top 8 again this year -- as did Barnes last year -- all Vols fans are all hoping that Vitello can break through and top Heup by 5 spots! LFG!

Trolls, on the other hand, are trying to use CTV's success to sh-t talk our football team. Or to hop on board with their agreement. It's disgusting.

So far, Heupel has the highest finish of any of our coaches finishing at #6 in his second year. And he had to do it under extreme curcumstances: a depleted roster and a severe penalty affectng recruiting.

Now that Vitello has us in the top 8 again this year -- as did Barnes last year -- all Vols fans are all hoping that Vitello can break through and top Heup by 5 spots! LFG!

Trolls, on the other hand, are trying to use CTV's success to sh-t talk our football team. Or to hop on board with their agreement. It's disgusting.

Why are u crying

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I wish Drew would regain his form...I don't understand what is happening to him lately....he sure has the talent.
If you seriously want to know I will explain. If not, scroll on by.

He's healthy and has great stuff. Being top gun went to his head at the start of the season IMO. The opponents have the book on him after two seasons of starting. He is the antithesis of Zander - he is doing what Dollander did his last season. Both reverted to thrower versus pitcher. He is not locating pitches well and changing speeds as he once did over the course of a game. He will do it for a couple of innings and revert. The opponents are sitting on his fastball belt high and up in the zone as well as slider when he drops into the middle of the plate. He "misses" the zone wildly more often. There is very little to entice the hitters to swing, they see it is outside the zone quickly. The opponents adjust the second time through the order even when he starts the game well because they know he will not keep the ball down in the zone and locate well as the game goes on.

It's all up to him. Adjust - be a pitcher and not a thrower. His draft stock has dropped some because of it. Once the pros get him I believe they can and will fix it because he is great person and talent.

Sorry if this is old news but I heard this morning on our local sports radio that the NC State team from 1983 is suing NCAA.
It’s NIL related to showing clips of their National Championship winning dunk during March Madness.
If its successful how long before Doug Flutie or Gerard Phelan sue for clips of the Miracle in Miami hail marry?

I can't see the name "Dollander" and not think of this

bn1h3sR.jpeg

Time to get revenge on the ducks
It is strange that the team that loses the conference championship game (and could go into that game ranked in the top 4) would have to win 3 games (counting the conference championship game). The winner plays 2 games (counting the conference championship game). The lower ranked teams also play only 2, if they survive the first round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Govolsman98
I completely understand what you're saying but I don't believe PA would ever sign off on a salary cap in MLB. Would be a hard sell by Owners to convince the players Union.
And so...MLB is stolen from me, I will not follow it anymore because of those issues. I hope CBB isn't, but it looks to be headed that way.

Small-mid market teams that do succeed are ripped apart quickly thanks to the idiotic way MLB does things, which is THE reason they lost me...I hope the greedy players and owners all choke on their f'n money and MLB dies so MAYBE it can be reborn with a fair system.

You are a Dodger...so it doesn't bother you, they can keep whoever and sign whoever they want...surely you can see that much.

I know you and Beast33 love em and I believe you came by it honestly...but surely you can freaking admit the unfairness of the system...I'm not really mad at the Dodgers or Yankees...I just f'n hate the stupid system that allows them to do what they do.

Last edited:
Going into every game you feel like you’re going to win it with Vitello, Vitello gets the fanbase going not just with his personality but with the immense success not seen in any sport at UT since Pat Summitt, can’t say that for any other coach at UT at the moment. Do we really head into the Georgia football game every year thinking we are GOING to win as fans? Vol fans I know hope for a win but few expect to win. Same with Bammer game. It’s different with Vitello. Tony Vitello is a different animal and gets the most hype for good reason. Tennessee needs to do whatever it can to make sure he’s here until retirement. Take a poll on who’s their favorite UT coach and guarantee you who gets the nod by a huge huge margin. Recruiting and Development machine. Just the facts until one of the others decide to change the narrative by results.
🦬💩

And so...MLB is stolen from me, I will not follow it anymore because of those issues. I hope CBB isn't, but it looks to be headed that way.

Small-mid market teams that do succeed are ripped apart quickly thanks to the idiotic way MLB does things, which is THE reason they lost me...I hope the greedy players and innerspring all choke on their f'n money and MLB dies so MAYBE it can be reborn with a fair system.

You are a Dodger...so it doesn't bother you, they can keep whoever and sign whoever they want...surely you can see that much.

I know you and Beast33 love em and I believe you came by it honestly...but surely you can freaking admit the unfairness of the system...I'm not really mad at the Dodgers or Yankees...I just f'n hate the stupid system that allows them to do what they do.
Way too many teams with reasonable budgets have won the World Series for this doomsday outlook to hold serve. You develop your farm system and manage your talent well? You have a high chance of success. Mebbe one or two franchises that can pay the luxury tax and somehow they’re not even an annual participant. As a Braves fan I’m seeing a team crumbling due to losses of our most important position players and best pitcher. Last time that happened, we ended up with a trophy when the last firework went off. Hate to see you go, but baseball won’t miss you.

He's healthy and has great stuff. Being top gun went to his head at the start of the season IMO. The opponents have the book on him after two seasons of starting. He is the antithesis of Zander - he is doing what Dollander did his last season. Both reverted to thrower versus pitcher. He is not locating pitches well and changing speeds as he once did over the course of a game. He will do it for a couple of innings and revert. The opponents are sitting on his fastball belt high and up in the zone as well as slider when he drops into the middle of the plate. He "misses" the zone wildly more often. There is very little to entice the hitters to swing, they see it is outside the zone quickly. The opponents adjust the second time through the order even when he starts the game well because they know he will not keep the ball down in the zone and locate well as the game goes on.

It's all up to him. Adjust - be a pitcher and not a thrower. His draft stock has dropped some because of it. Once the pros get him I believe they can and will fix it because he is great person and talent.
Sounds about right

Small-mid market teams that do succeed are ripped apart quickly thanks to the idiotic way MLB does things, which is THE reason they lost me...I hope the greedy players and innerspring all choke on their f'n money and MLB dies so MAYBE it can be reborn with a fair system.

Exactly what happened with me. I haven't followed baseball in a long time. Look at my team's salary (the Reds) vs. salaries for the top teams.

Way too many teams with reasonable budgets have won the World Series for this doomsday outlook to hold serve. You develop your farm system and manage your talent well? You have a high chance of success. Mebbe one or two franchises that can pay the luxury tax and somehow they’re not even an annual participant. As a Braves fan I’m seeing a team crumbling due to losses of our most important position players and best pitcher. Last time that happened, we ended up with a trophy when the last firework went off. Hate to see you go, but baseball won’t miss you.
I disagree with his take anyways. Atlanta has actually started a revolution and other teams are following suit. They're signing their young stars to bigger deals earlier to get a nice discount. The Brewers just signed a kid who hadn't had a major league AB. The Nats signed Abrams to an 8 or 9 year deal.

Reactions: screenthis
I said..the small-mid teams that do have success get ripped apart quickly...and that is true. You see them in the WS and soon their best players are soon all gone...there will be no runs of greatness.

I don't think this is complete true. He's had a lot of bad luck. Just look at his start again Evansville. An infield and two errors or he easily gets a couple more innings. His defense hasn't been kind to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back