Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..I just saw the Tony Vitello passionate post game speech again..so proud that he’s our coach because he really cares about his players and defends them..some coaches throw their players under the bus if they don’t perform perfectly but not him..He praises them after a big win and defends them after a stumble..He mentioned that he cried after a loss last year(assuming he was referring to the ND game)..It’s nice to hear that I’m not the only one that cries after a UT losing and getting so emotional..He’s down to earth and really feels like one of us..Hope he sticks around for a long time!🧡⚾🍊
After watching that speech I hope Tony V stays his whole career here.

Throwing motion…puts a lot of pressure on the elbow…watch his arm slot in slow motion…

If you watch any pitcher in slow motion it looks like their elbow is about to blow up tho. He does come from a little more 3/4 arm slot than traditional but that’s not uncommon now.

Haven’t seen the latest data but in 2022 35% of MLB pitchers had TJ at some point in their lives. So it’s not *that* big of a deal anymore.

Strasburg’s downfall wasn’t TJ. It was other things. Pretty much his entire MLB career was after his TJ surgery. 3x all-star, World Series MVP, led NL in Ks one year, led NL in Ws another year.

He had surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome, a nerve and blood disorder that involves removing a rib and two neck muscles.

I have to say, I'd rather have the Yankee's salary than my teams (Reds). Yes, much of it comes down to management. But for the Reds, from one year to the next, the roster constantly changes. I enjoyed the sport more when you consistently had the same players that you followed and rooted for. One of the reasons I stopped watching. Just not the same.
Unfettered free agency has been around since Curt Flood. I’m sure some turned their black & whites off when Catfish Hunter jetted Oakland for New York followed by Reggie.

If you watch any pitcher in slow motion it looks like their elbow is about to blow up tho. He does come from a little more 3/4 arm slot than traditional but that’s not uncommon now.

Haven’t seen the latest data but in 2022 35% of MLB pitchers had TJ at some point in their lives. So it’s not *that* big of a deal anymore.

Strasburg’s downfall wasn’t TJ. It was other things. Pretty much his entire MLB career was after his TJ surgery. 3x all-star, World Series MVP, led NL in Ks one year, led NL in Ws another year.

He had surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome, a nerve and blood disorder that involves removing a rib and two neck muscles.

Amazed Kershaw has never had TJ surgery, he did have shoulder surgery this past off season .

Alright volnation I feel kinda weird about this, but I'd be a bad actor if I didn't self promote!

Come see me star in this faith based musical next weekend if you're up for it!

Performing at the Jackson hall downtown Nash. You'll watch me lose my family because of my drug addiction and win them back with the help of the lord! We got a great cast with some true pro's and it really is an uplifting story.

Go Vols!

It was the fourth strike since 1980, not counting the 1990 lockout that postponed opening day until later on into April. Between the '81 strike & '94-'95 strike, baseball lost over 1,500 games. The '94 strike took the World Series, also...and I believe that was the last straw for a lot of people.
Tom Glavine's snooty-assed comments didn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back