Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stadium and marketing generates an ENVIRONMENT that lands the free agents. Buffalo has better coaching and development, currently and win more…but their stars have been departing regularly. Diggs anyone? Buffalo as a rule doesn’t outspend others in free agency and still win…how is that possible?
Salary cap levels the playing field, although it seems the same culprits are winning or contending for Championship every season.

Scout,Draft and manage…it’s that simple…money comes with attraction.keep your young promising players build around them and everything else falls into place..small market teams are bad about trying to keep up with bigger market teams doing so like @butchna said they trade away what young talent they have chasing one or two star players that might have 3 years left roughly..it all comes back to bad management that doesn’t have patience or understanding of how farm systems work.nobody likes to wait.
Or would rather trade players instead of paying them.

Someone brought up David Price in Tampa Bay they got rid of him because Management thought they couldn't pay him. Well to be a contender you're going to have to pay someone. Did the same thing with Tyler Glasnow, don't know why you would trade a talent like that away.

Since Dodgers are into the buying players market. I wish they would go buy Bo Bichette from Bluejays so Mookie can move over to 2nd base. Plus Mason Miller from Oakland to be closer.

Or would rather trade players instead of paying them.

Someone brought up David Price in Tampa Bay they got rid of him because Management thought they couldn't pay him. Well to be a contender you're going to have to pay someone. Did the same thing with Tyler Glasnow, don't know why you would trade a talent like that away.

We know @knoxvol52 everyone is capable of their own success they just want it now instead of waiting….pirates last year were a hot team along with the reds…it’s just denial…LA all the way brudda💙🤍 @volbeast33

Backhanded slap from you. Can’t possibly have a valid point because I love the game. 🤔

GM who makes better moves makes that $70 mil work better and WIN more than an idiot who mismanages the $200 mil…PROVEN throughout baseball history.
I don’t do backhanded slaps. I’m not trying to belittle anyone, just having conversation about a different opinion. And I never said you don’t have any valid points, just that you dismiss valid counterpoints because you love baseball.

Obviously a good GM with $70m makes better use of it than an idiot with $200m, but that wasn’t my scenario.

I said EQUAL GMs, then you twisted the narrative.

EQUAL GMs have $70m vs $200m. Who has the advantage?

Stadium and marketing generates an ENVIRONMENT that lands the free agents. Buffalo has better coaching and development, currently and win more…but their stars have been departing regularly. Diggs anyone? Buffalo as a rule doesn’t outspend others in free agency and still win…how is that possible?
Salary cap AND floor. Teams have to stay within those parameters. Managing within a cap and floor is apples and oranges from managing without a cap.

We know @knoxvol52 everyone is capable of their own success they just want it now instead of waiting….pirates last year were a hot team along with the reds…it’s just denial…LA all the way brudda💙🤍 @volbeast33
Hey I will give credit, Pirates got the stud pitchers now just need to fill in the offense.

Skenes and Jones are legit on the mound.

I don’t do backhanded slaps. I’m not trying to belittle anyone, just having conversation about a different opinion. And I never said you don’t have any valid points, just that you dismiss valid counterpoints because you love baseball.

Obviously a good GM with $70m makes better use of it than an idiot with $200m, but that wasn’t my scenario.

I said EQUAL GMs, then you twisted the narrative.

EQUAL GMs have $70m vs $200m. Who has the advantage?
Same animal. My valid points are obstructed by my delusions and inability to overcome them. 😴

Your scenario is impossible. There are no two COMPLETELY EQUAL baseball minds. One is always better than the other. Best one always maximizes the return of investment. And for the sake of this discussion, even the lesser baseball mind working with less money puts a competitive product on the field…which is every reason to keep the team and abandon plans to follow cricket.

Salary cap AND floor. Teams have to stay within those parameters. Managing within a cap and floor is apples and oranges from managing without a cap.
Best run teams land best free agents, as well as draft/develop at a higher level. Players flock to San Francisco and escape from Carolina. Money’s as green from Tepper as it is from the York family, but those apples and oranges aren’t rolling the same in the different roofs and floors.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back