Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
YASSSSS jaws was one and there was another one that was a Georgia homer but claimed he liked the Vols but rooted for Georgia
There are so many false-flag georgia bruhs concern-trolling this site, you couldn't shake a stick at them. Say something bad about the flea-bitten mutts in the FF or NCAA and the trolling posers will pour in extremely "concerned" with "well, tbh..." defenses in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I stopped watching pro sports a few years back when the players started kneeling during the national anthem. Something strange happened though. I found out I didn't miss watching the games and just stopped. I'm a college guy now and will watch college games until something happens that pi$$es me off----who knows what that will be :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
For me, national anthem was not a big issue. I know it is for many and I understand. It's just that I'm less interested when the game is more a business than a sport. I'm not going to stand at ExxonMobil HQ and cheer on the execs.

It’s not true at all though…. When is the last time that a team has bought a championship…. The Dodgers won in 2020 but only had one guy that wasn’t home grown or rebuilt guys that had been cut by other organizations…. That was Mookie Betts and he was acquired via a trade.

The teams that you should be mad at is the poorly run clubs…. It is not that hard to compete/win no matter what market you are in… When the Dodgers were owned by Frank Mccourt…. We were bankrupt and couldn’t afford the parking lot that he financed… Don’t remember anyone crying for us. Go Dodgers…. VilLAins for Life!
Why do you guys never hear the point?...the point is that successful small-mid market teams get ripped apart.

You can't be scared of anybody at this point. Bring whoever. We'll be ready.
Not scared but you have to admit that UK is a very solid team from top to bottom. They are like us in that they don’t have many weaknesses. I think we would beat them but it would be a very tough series.

same story here. helpful suggestion,

I could retire, right now. And be happy as a lark.
I retired in January at 53 and am happier than ever. Also have more to do (chores and ****) than when working because I actually have time to do them.

Now I’m just planning to flip motorcycles, cars, SUVs, trucks and houses whenever I want for my chunk $$$change$$$. Life is good 😊

I retired in January at 53 and am happier than ever. Also have more to do (chores and ****) than when working because I actually have time to do them.

Now I’m just planning to flip motorcycles, cars, SUVs, trucks and houses whenever I want for my chunk $$$change$$$. Life is good 😊
You're 7 years older than I. Uh...told my 4 year old he was gonna have to work hard, I mean early. Cause I want to retire.😂

Keep it to yourself...😄

Agreed, I don’t feel bad for the Braves or think the system is unfair to them. I don’t feel “bad” for any of the franchises. Millionaire and billionaire “problems” don’t elicit sympathy from me lol. However I do think their system is silly and puts the small market, low revenue teams at a decided disadvantage.

I’m not a fan of MLB owners, their CBA, or the players union.
It's not unfair to any of these insanely rich greedy assholes..it's unfair to the people that make it all possible.

The apologists for this crappy system aggravate the 💩 out of me.

Money ruins everything....at keast the greedy money grubbing does.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Why do you guys never hear the point?...the point is that successful small-mid market teams get ripped apart.
But they (I don't only mean the successful ones) are exactly the schools who out of greed, support every NCAA "cheating with impunity" move the NCAA makes for their favorites, trying to suck up for their cut. And out of envy, support every lying criminal NCAA attack on the rivals of the NCAA's favorites. With their noses in the air like they are morality incarnate.

They make up the majority of NCAA members. If they didn't "go along to get along." all the NCAA garbage would have stopped long ago. It's the unholy alliance of the Bamas and the little guys. Just look at the NCAA committee rosters. You may be shocked who has the majority of votes. And be sure to see which sports are overrepresented.

So I can't find it in me to care about them.

Also, they have never competed with the big teams in football, anyway. So, no change if they don't tomorrow. They will pay less, like they did before it was legal (they throw bags and admit and clear academically ineligible players all the time). They will do this approximately on the level of their own peers. I don't see the problem. They will prolly have a great playoff one day of their own.

By the way, what you are talking about is what Saban tried to appear to mean (but on one bought his stupid lie except the stupid) when he said that "NIL would destroy parity." 😂 It was a sort of loophole for Saban's scheming lie. But he lies everytime he opens his mouth, so there's that. Saban was defending the gross and manifestly crooked lack of parity among majors that has its roots in the cheating with impunity programs criminally kept atop of their peers by rigged enforcement and non-enforcement.

But at the same time, Saban was appealing to the little guys who he could always count on to carry water for the big cheaters.

---
But I do understand what you mean and why you hold your position.

Last edited:
The fact that “SUCCESSFUL small mid-market teams” exists in your post obliterates your “point”. Teams that scout, develop and manage correctly compete perfectly well. It’s when they go all-in on one or two players and start dumping the farm when they go backwards. We’re seeing Pittsburgh start to get it and Tampa Bay is another winning model. The Dodgers have always been able to purchase whatever was willing to be bought, but when the Parking Lot Dude owned the team and the process was bad…so were the results. Do it right and you can win.
You still miss it...

Look...you love this stupid 💩 and I don't. I loved seeing teams hang on to their great players and for teams to stay together for more than 2-3 seasons.

You ain't changing my mind and I ain't changing yours...so I'll just **** off since I know you won't.

It's not unfair to any of these insanely rich greedy assholes..it's unfair to the people that make it all possible.

The apologists for this crappy system aggravate the 💩 out of me.

Money ruins everything....at keast the greedy money grubbing does.
You’re being an apologist for the owners of small/mid tier teams who aren’t willing to open the check book as well

Reactions: jave36 and Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back