Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still miss it...

Look...you love this stupid šŸ’© and I don't. I loved seeing teams hang on to their great players and for teams to stay together for more than 2-3 seasons.

You ain't changing my mind and I ain't changing yours...so I'll just **** off since I know you won't.
Not missing šŸ‚ šŸ’©donkey snot boogers and not bowing down to your ā€œstupidā€ narrative. Best teams from the 80s on didnā€™t retain their nucleus of STARS for half a decadeā€¦thatā€™s fantasy nostalgia.

Never interested in changing your takes nor inclined to concede to them. **** off sounds positively legal. šŸ˜…

Reactions: mrMet
Not missing šŸ‚ šŸ’©donkey snot boogers and not bowing down to your ā€œstupidā€ narrative. Best teams from the 80s on didnā€™t retain their nucleus of STARS for half a decadeā€¦thatā€™s fantasy nostalgia.

Never interested in changing your takes nor inclined to concede to them. **** off sounds positively legal. šŸ˜…
Reds

There are multiple with much more pressing needs right now, but could I get some prayers for my mom?

Our old family dog, Rocky, is going to be put down tomorrow morning ā€”if he makes it through the night. We got him as a puppy shortly before my little brother was diagnosed with cancer, so heā€™s got an even closer placement to the heart than your normal furry friend. Theyā€™re going to bury him between my dad and brother.

Heavenly Father we pray for the loss of a true and beloved family member - Rocky. We are so blessed for the angels on earth that you have provided us!!
They are true examples of selfless love, dedication, loyalty, and grace. That we should be so privileged to experience what your angels provide unconditionally. Lord we pray for MVs mother and family during this difficult time that you will place a hedge of protection around them, allow them the memories of great times, and ease this familyā€™s grief from this loss of a much loved companion. Father we humbly ask these things in your son Jesusā€™ name.
Amen šŸ™

80ā€™s Reds had a decade run? Whodathunk? šŸ¤”
Closet thing to a run was a 3 year span for the A's from 1988-90 with 3 consecutive World Series appearances oddly only winning 1.

The A's were made up from a lot of free agents that had signed through the years. Eckersley, Stewart, Welch , Storm Davis. Notable pitchers.

McGwire, Canseco, Weiss and Steinbach were only homegrown contributors.

VOLS 2022 team got my loving baseball again. I did love it, when the Braves had Maddox, Glavine, Avery and Smoltz, but then the strike came and it seemed to be all about money and I just lost interest. I still don't care for pro baseball for the most part--- hate that they play all those months - see every team, and it means nothing in post season, among other things. But those 2022 baseVOLS were fun and rowdy and we weren't the only fans that noticed them. So, another success for Tony and that team is that it got fans like me back. Fans who had previously loved baseball but felt it had lost something. What a team that was.
Well said

Heavenly Father we pray for the loss of a true and beloved family member - Rocky. We are so blessed for the angels on earth that you have provided us!!
They are true examples of selfless love, dedication, loyalty, and grace. That we should be so privileged to experience what your angels provide unconditionally. Lord we pray for MVs mother and family during this difficult time that you will place a hedge of protection around them, allow them the memories of great times, and ease this familyā€™s grief from this loss of a much loved companion. Father we humbly ask these things in your son Jesusā€™ name.
Amen šŸ™
Beautiful šŸ§”

Not scared but you have to admit that UK is a very solid team from top to bottom. They are like us in that they donā€™t have many weaknesses. I think we would beat them but it would be a very tough series.
I agree. But there are no easy outs. Every game from now on is going to be tough.

There are multiple with much more pressing needs right now, but could I get some prayers for my mom?

Our old family dog, Rocky, is going to be put down tomorrow morning ā€”if he makes it through the night. We got him as a puppy shortly before my little brother was diagnosed with cancer, so heā€™s got an even closer placement to the heart than your normal furry friend. Theyā€™re going to bury him between my dad and brother.
Yessir. Prayers abound.

Amen šŸ™

My Chocolate Lab age 14 passed away a few months ago. Best Dog I have ever had. Miss him every day. My best buddy

Amen šŸ™
Amen

Dawg interloper?

NawšŸ¤” Iā€™ll really have to think on this oneā€¦but it was always him and jaws..whenever we played one or the otherā€¦the Georgia guy had insight on Georgia high school playersā€¦ it was voldawgs or something like that..Iā€™ll really have to dig deep..he was always commenting on any player from Georgia when it came down to us and them in recruiting

Last edited:

My prayers and condolences. Dogs are family and the brokenness we feel when we have to say goodbye hurts deeply.

@MockingVol you, your mom and family have my prayers and condolences. Our pet friends mean as much as human ones.

šŸ–•

I'm not scared...I'm resigned..I've got far too much scar tissue on my heart thanks to being a Braves and Vol fan.

It's only fun if we win..I donā€™t want a close "exciting" game...I want a f'n BLOWOUT...that is what will excite the hell out of me.

Let this "close but no cigar" šŸ’© keep happening year afyer year after year, and by the time you get as old as I am you will have scar tissue just as bad as I do.
Your wish is granted! šŸ¤ 

NawšŸ¤” Iā€™ll really have to think on this oneā€¦but it was always him and jaws..whenever we played one or the otherā€¦the Georgia guy had insight in Georgia high school playersā€¦ it like voldawgs or something like that..Iā€™ll really have to dig deep..he was always commenting on anyone player from Georgia when it came down to us and them in recruiting
Hialeah Gator was a good one for Florida kids. He'd have been downright likeable if not for...you know....his "issue."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back