Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous..one daughter can't have children, my sons wife has some sort of autoimmune issue and got extremely sick during her pregnancy when the grandson was born, so they are not going to have anymore....and my baby daughter finally got married at 27 last year and they are trying...I really really really want at least one granddaughter.
As a relatively new first-time girl dad (just turned 2) - and as I'm sure you know having had 2 daughters - I hope you get a granddaughter at some point. Raising a little girl is absolutely delightful.

Just last night I picked up my wife and daughter from the airport after they took a trip home to see her side of the family and when she saw me at the airport she practically jumped out of my wife's arms and toddler-ran down the terminal screaming "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" before jumping into my arms at full speed, melting everyone in the immediate vicinity into piles of goo, and giving me a dose of anti-depressant serotonin that should last 6 months on that one moment alone.

I can only imagine how rewarding having a granddaughter could be.

We really struggled to have our one. My wife was supposed to go in for ovarian surgery to help and had a negative pregnancy test in her pre-surgery meeting. That was on a Friday with surgery scheduled for Monday, my MIL suggested she take one more test on Sunday when my wife told her it had been a little over a month since her last cycle (she has PCOS so that's normal for her). Low and behold it was positive. Called her OBGYN first thing Monday and went in to get a confirmation. The nurse came in crying with a positive test because she knew what all we had been through. Second best day of my life, 1a being the day our daughter was born and 1b being the day we got married. I only share this in that there is always hope, and never to give up.
Yes...thank you for posting...it has caused my daughter a lot of issues. I am not medically educated enough on female reproductive problems to say exactly what her physical issue is, but they have been told that it is not impossible for her to conceive, just that it will be very very difficult.

They are still trying.

Our oldest daughter waited till she was 39👀 to get pregnant.
That little girl in my avi❤
Has my heart ❤️❤️❤️❤️
I hope it happens for us...I want a baby girl sooo bad..the kid will be the most spoiled baby in the world...lol...except maybe for my grandson...we spoil him rotten..🥰

I searched "Witch Doctor" in the VN search engine and went back as far as his last posts. You've been the only to say anything about death. 🫤
View attachment 648185
I thought it was interesting that @Jackcrevol has WD on his "permaban" list. 🤔

#BNL
What does Witch Doctor have to do with KnoxNews?

What does Witch Doctor have to do with KnoxNews?
In 2017, he was promoting a petition to bring Lane Kiffin back and had knoxnews listed. 🙄

Is that why you had WD on permaban @Jackcrevol? That would explain it. (It still wouldn't explain why you called me "princess" earlier. That was uncalled for.)

BNL 🤷

I think I'm going to head back to the Bahamas in August. Flights are under $500 and we can get a 3 bedroom villa for $2300/week that includes a golf cart. Can't do Florida for that.
You should just buy a houseboat/catamaran and stay there about half the year, 😂.

It's a pita, but you can fly to Orlando really cheap and rent a car for like $29. Could save about $400 per person if you drove down to Miami. . . assuming you're flying in to Ft Lauderdale or Miami. That's something I'd try to do and end up on a road trip to Wally World.

I think I'm going to head back to the Bahamas in August. Flights are under $500 and we can get a 3 bedroom villa for $2300/week that includes a golf cart. Can't do Florida for that.
We are cruising on an 8 day to Saint Thomas, St Martin, San Juan and the DR..but it isn't till the week before Thanksgiving...soooo far awaaaay...😞

This will be three years in a row with no great Western US trip...so this will be our last Carribean vacation for a couple of years at least. I hope to take two trips a year out there for the next 2-3 years...hopefully...if the country doesn't fall apart in November.

Last edited:
Yes completely. Flailing like someone that fell in the pool and can't swim. Panic because their grossly underpaid drivers of economic profit are demanding what they are due. Any argument they make, even if they have have fooled themselves into believing otherwise, stems from that undeniable truth.

Massive money is made because of the players. That money has to go somewhere. The people directly benefiting financially from them being underpaid are the ones who keep trying to "reason" why they shouldn't be justly compensated. Argue that the current system is flawed and discuss other options that would fairly compensate the players. That's fine. But these arguments about why they shouldn't be fairly compensated are highly disingenuous.
You know who gets screwed...the real people that make it all possible...FANS.

NOBODY gives a crap about what is best for us...not the schools, and not the players.

You should just buy a houseboat/catamaran and stay there about half the year, 😂.

It's a pita, but you can fly to Orlando really cheap and rent a car for like $29. Could save about $400 per person if you drove down to Miami. . . assuming you're flying in to Ft Lauderdale or Miami. That's something I'd try to do and end up on a road trip to Wally World.
Flying out if knoxville. Now look at lodging. Then look at the water.

My retirement plan is to buy/build a boat and cruise the Caribbean 5-6 months of the year. Building a blue water boat is quite a different task than what we build now. We're looking into it though.

Edit: did you watch that YouTube video I posted? Wally world is exactly what I'm trying to escape.

Last edited:
As a relatively new first-time girl dad (just turned 2) - and as I'm sure you know having had 2 daughters - I hope you get a granddaughter at some point. Raising a little girl is absolutely delightful.

Just last night I picked up my wife and daughter from the airport after they took a trip home to see her side of the family and when she saw me at the airport she practically jumped out of my wife's arms and toddler-ran down the terminal screaming "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" before jumping into my arms at full speed, melting everyone in the immediate vicinity into piles of goo, and giving me a dose of anti-depressant serotonin that should last 6 months on that one moment alone.

That is awesome, little girls are just different in the best possible way. My little girl got me when she was 3, I was walking up to the podium to do the closing prayer and then I turn around and she was at the alter with her arms out saying daddy, daddy! I had to pick her up and hold her with her hugging my neck as hard as she could while I was doing the closing prayer. won't lie, still gets me thinking about it.

My retirement plan is to buy/build a boat and cruise the Caribbean 5-6 months of the year. Building a blue water boat is quite a different task than what we build now. We're looking into it though.

Edit: did you watch that YouTube video I posted? Wally world is exactly what I'm trying to escape.
😂 yeah, that's (the video) probably why I thought of it.

Yeah...both my girls are Daddys girls, but especially my baby girl...she's the screaming running jumper...lol.

Which Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back