Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew...that's a rough age to have a baby..šŸ˜³
Yes!! We had gotten rid of all our grandparents baby stuffšŸ˜‚
My daughter says Iā€™m putty in Charlie Annā€™s hands and I just smile and nodšŸ˜‰
When she jumps into my arms and hugs me and pats me on my back and says ā€œLove you PopPopā€ Iā€™m toastā¤ļø

If I had to live somewhere besides the Knoxville/Smokies area, I'd definitely want to be in the low country area around Charleston. Kiawah, Folly, or IoP would be fine with me šŸ‘€
We lived there for 23 years and donā€™t miss it a bit. Great place to visit, but we donā€™t think itā€™s a good place to live, unless you like constant traffic (and itā€™s getting worse, and theyā€™ve argued about fixing it for over 25 years) and heat and humidity all but the winter.

Our daughter and family still live there, so we still get to do the visit part.

I think I'm going to head back to the Bahamas in August. Flights are under $500 and we can get a 3 bedroom villa for $2300/week that includes a golf cart. Can't do Florida for that.
I tried to convince our group of friends to do a Bahamas trip last year. I found some affordable eco-lodge sites on remote islands. Each couple gets a hut with beach access on the island and there's a communal kitchen and chefs. Trails over the island and the ability to go kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, etc. They also coordinate picking you up from the airport and such.

The rest of the group wanted to go to one of the big fenced-in resorts on the main island and never leave. "But it has everything! A pool, shopping center, entertainment, etc!" I had to put my foot down and tell them I'm not going to the Bahamas to NOT see the Bahamas and I'm not spending that money to go to another country to sit by a pool and have the same experience I could have at any touristy Southern beach town.

It was whack. All that said, I want to go EXPERIENCE the Bahamas. But it won't be with them nor anytime soon now lol

In 2017, he was promoting a petition to bring Lane Kiffin back and had knoxnews listed. šŸ™„

Is that why you had WD on permaban @Jackcrevol? That would explain it. (It still wouldn't explain why you called me "princess" earlier. That was uncalled for.)

BNL šŸ¤·
IMG_5894.jpeg

Reactions: knoxvol52
The grunge scene was a mercy killer, and for the public good. Record company formulaic band cloning killed your hair metal. You make a copy of a copy enough times and you end up with this:

25jg3h.gif

Or worse yet, something like this:

View attachment 648174
Not all hair metal was good

Yes!! We had gotten rid of all our grandparents baby stuffšŸ˜‚
My daughter says Iā€™m putty in Charlie Annā€™s hands and I just smile and nodšŸ˜‰
When she jumps into my arms and hugs me and pats me on my back and says ā€œLove you PopPopā€ Iā€™m toastā¤ļø
Thereā€™s a song by the Milk Carton Kids called Charlie. Itā€™s about this guy dreaming about the daughter he hopes to have. I used to listen to it before my daughter was born. I played it for her not too long ago and now she listens to it all the time. Iā€™m sure sons are great too, hell, I am one, but there is just something about a daughter.

I tried to convince our group of friends to do a Bahamas trip last year. I found some affordable eco-lodge sites on remote islands. Each couple gets a hut with beach access on the island and there's a communal kitchen and chefs. Trails over the island and the ability to go kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, etc. They also coordinate picking you up from the airport and such.

The rest of the group wanted to go to one of the big fenced-in resorts on the main island and never leave. "But it has everything! A pool, shopping center, entertainment, etc!" I had to put my foot down and tell them I'm not going to the Bahamas to NOT see the Bahamas and I'm not spending that money to go to another country to sit by a pool and have the same experience I could have at any touristy Southern beach town.

It was whack. All that said, I want to go EXPERIENCE the Bahamas. But it won't be with them nor anytime soon now lol
Yep, there are two bahamas. You can't experience the bahamas from a cruise or resort. The out islands are where it's at. The best way to experience the bahamas is via a boat, your own boat.

My uncle owns a small house on a small, remote island. If you want to sit by the pool, have someone bring you a drink with an umbrella stuck in it, it isn't for you. However if you want to swim 30 yards off shore and spear a lobster or a grouper then you'll enjoy it.

Yep, there are two bahamas. You can't experience the bahamas from a cruise or resort. The out islands are where it's at. The best way to experience the bahamas is via a boat, your own boat.

My uncle owns a small house on a small, remote island. If you want to sit by the pool, have someone bring you a drink with an umbrella stuck in it, it isn't for you. However if you want to swim 30 yards off shore and spear a lobster or a grouper then you'll enjoy it.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back