Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little risk of escalation with a taser. Significant risk of escalation with a tackle.
I wouldnt say significant, but yes there is a risk. Again, EQ and training should dictate use of force. He had 3-5 officers right there to assist. A young kid doing backflips after too much beer hardly warrants tasing.

Yes there have been instances where officers were killed tackling people. Be it a fight and person grabs their gun, or another person shoots... would wager this was not even close to one of those situations.

I wouldnt say significant, but yes there is a risk. Again, EQ and training should dictate use of force. He had 3-5 officers right there to assist. A young kid doing backflips after too much beer hardly warrants tasing.

Yes there have been instances where officers were killed tackling people. I would wager this was not even close to one of those situations.
I actually agree with you that a taser was unnecessary in this instance btw fwiw.

Not sure i've read about a lot of police related tackling deaths. View attachment 648431

Use of tasers and non lethal means in a serious, potentially life threatening event...absolutely. Police officers who are successful in using non life threatening means to subdue serious criminals should be lauded.

Police officers should be expected to use discretion in stressful situations. We are all human, but that is what their training should dictate. I think you guys are off base here.
Discussion aside, I really wouldn't be using the AI Overview to support your argument. That's the modern equivalent of citing a Wikipedia article on a research paper...
pizza_glue.png rocks.png

Yes there have been instances where officers were killed tackling people. Be it a fight and person grabs their gun, or another person shoots... would wager this was not even close to one of those situations.
I respect your opinion, however it seems like the actions of the police officer are under more scrutiny than the idiot who ran on the field. Personally I am going to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doing their job and not try to put them under any more of a microscope. I still believe the threat of neutering would be an effective deterrent.

Not sure i've read about a lot of police related tackling deaths. View attachment 648431

Use of tasers and non lethal means in a serious, potentially life threatening event...absolutely. Police officers who are successful in using non life threatening means to subdue serious criminals should be lauded.

Police officers should be expected to use discretion in stressful situations. We are all human, but that is what their training should dictate. I think you guys are off base here.
My “base” is people should act right. I don’t subscribe to the “let them do whatever they want because we might harm them if we try to stop them” theory.

Like the concept of letting a thief steal whatever they want because of you try to stop them they may get hurt. I’m not with all that. I’m tired of society excusing poor behavior.

You know what, odds of me getting tased is slim to none. You know why? Because I don’t act stupid.

Not surprising seeing Us and Kentucky and Nc at the top.Three of the best moonshining states.😃

Reactions: Ericvol2096
Discussion aside, I really wouldn't be using the AI Overview to support your argument. That's the modern equivalent of citing a Wikipedia article on a research paper...
View attachment 648444 View attachment 648443
I thought it was well established that Sally is a known liar.

Anyone heard of AGI? A buddy that works at Oak Ridge said they think AGI has already been accomplished and we'll start hearing more and more about it as they try to acclimate the public. The speed of advancement in just the last year has been insane.

ChatGPT2 to GPT3 to GPT4 is like the difference in knowledge between a pre-school/middle school/high-school intellect. If they make the same advancement with GPT-5, that would be college level smarts, GPT-6 would be doctorate/genius levels. GPT-7. . . what would that be? . .

Chat GPT 1 was released Nov 30, 2022. GPT4 was released in March of 2023. GPT-5 has probably been finished form some time, but isn't being released while OpenAi gets the financial stuff straightened out. I wouldn't be surprised if they are up to GPT-8 or so.

Then you have to consider the government's involvement. They know that whoever develops super-intelligence first will have the upper-hand globally. . . similar to the race to get to the moon, except this time it's China instead of Russia.

Tech that's rolled out to the public is generally a few years behind what the government already has access to. I wouldn't be surprised if AGI isn't already being used, in fact, I'd probably bet that it's been around for at least a year or longer.

I've always wondered about the "technological singularity", if it's a real thing and what it would look like once we get there. I looked at a couple graphs that showed how tech has advanced from around 2000 til now. From 2000 til 2019 looks like a horizontal line barely above the bottom base line. 2019 til now looks like a straight vertical line. I wonder if we're actually getting close to a tech singularity or if we've already crossed it and the public is just starting to be fed small glimpses of what's happening.

Crap. Terrible decision. We will be down 3-0 before we blink, and that’s all Arnold will need. I have a friend at church who is a big FSU fan and follows baseball closely. Said Arnold is best pitcher left in WS and has been pitching great the last 2 months, keeping ball down in the zone (unlike Beam who could be that good if he kept the ball down). We will do well to score 3-4 runs against him. Can’t give up a bunch of early runs.

He did mention about getting touched up some last start against UConn.

bonk-father.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back