Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
@VOLSONLY any word on SAS?
I don’t understand a lot of this I got this late yesterday evening. Ive not heard anything this morning. I usually reach out around dinner time asking for an update. She definitely still needs prayer. If anyone understands all this please explain 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_2643.jpeg
    IMG_2643.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 173

I went
QB: Dobbs
RB: Kamara
WR: Justin Hunter

I know Heupel loves using 3+ running backs, but I think Kamara would eat all day long. I think he would have 1,400+ yards rushing in this offense.

QB: give me Hendon Hooker...just imagine if we had a full 3-4 years of him in the system at full health
RB: Arian Foster despite playing on the 2 worst Fulmer teams he still is the all-time leader in total yards from scrimmage & total TDs
WR: Joey Kent tons of good choices, but for me WR talks at UT start with Joey Kent

I don’t understand a lot of this I got this late yesterday evening. Ive not heard anything this morning. I usually reach out around dinner time asking for an update. She definitely still needs prayer. If anyone understands all this please explain 🤷‍♂️
I am not a doctor either, but that sounds relatively positive considering the situation. Prayers continue for SAS.

Prayers incoming. I read this as there is continued hope. Her body is not responding to all stimulus, but it is responding to some. I also read this that Sweet As Soda is a hell of a fighter.

God speed on her continued progress. 🙏

You are a reasonable poster, but to say most of them are home grown seems questionable. There are great home grown players on that list, for sure.

Also wasn't Stanton originally a Marlin?

I looked at 2 years. 1996 and 2009. In 1996, only two of your eight every day players were home grown, Jeter and Bernie Williams. For SP, you get Andy Pettitte and Ramiro Mendoza. Mendoza was tied for 5th in GS that year. Of course, you get the greatest closer of all time, Mariano Rivera.

2009 is a little better. You get Posada, Jeter and Melky Cabrera for starters and pitching, Pettitte, Joba Chamberlain and Rivera.

Very solid core especially with Jeter and Rivera, but not close to most of your great players.
I think you misunderstood.

Yes - Stanton was bought. So was Reggie.
For every Reggie that pays off, there are multiple busts like Stanton.

The point I was making was about great players.

The majority of the roster has not been homegrown. But the majority of the greats have been.

There are few purchased Yankee greats that would slot in at the same tier as the likes of Thurman, Guidry, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Judge, Pettite, Bernie.

Reggie, Rocket, A-Rod, Cole - those are the big ones I’m thinking of.

WBC = White Blood Cell count, 19 is high which would mean the infection she's battling is still present. Ideally a "normal" range is 4.5 to 11

EEG is a test for brain activity. Likely to let them know more after what they saw on the CT.

I googled a bunch but can't speak knowledgeably on it myself so I won't. From what I read in my searches, I am hopeful in progress but not out of the woods yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back