Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand a lot of this I got this late yesterday evening. Ive not heard anything this morning. I usually reach out around dinner time asking for an update. She definitely still needs prayer. If anyone understands all this please explain 🤷‍♂️
Ty for the update. Praying for @SweetasSoda we miss you.

I don’t understand a lot of this I got this late yesterday evening. Ive not heard anything this morning. I usually reach out around dinner time asking for an update. She definitely still needs prayer. If anyone understands all this please explain 🤷‍♂️
Thanks @VOLSONLY. You are the only info lifeline for information. Still praying for her full recovery.

The good news is the fever, means her body is still fighting the infection.

Start of 2022 my best friend got super sick, started as COVID then he developed covid pneumonia from January to May he battled and was even in a medically induced coma for a few weeks. He made it through and is mentally back to his old self.

Soda is a fighter, she can beat this and bounce back!

Thank you, Brother. The prayers continue unabated. I believe WBC is white blood count. Not sure what the value should be. The infarction comment is probably related to the heart, but I am not sure of that either. Help please, medical professionals.

I think you misunderstood.

Yes - Stanton was bought. So was Reggie.
For every Reggie that pays off, there are multiple busts like Stanton.

The point I was making was about great players.

The majority of the roster has not been homegrown. But the majority of the greats have been.

There are few purchased Yankee greats that would slot in at the same tier as the likes of Thurman, Guidry, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Judge, Pettite, Bernie.

Reggie, Rocket, A-Rod, Cole - those are the big ones I’m thinking of.
You left out Bert Campaneris. He was bought.

what is your hang up on this McGill? A guy ran across a major league field for attention. Tazing couldve caused serious bodily damage. Tackle and cuff wouldve worked. There were multiple officers.
What if they tackled him and he broke a bone? Don’t play stupid games, don’t win stupid prizes.

Nor was it the punishment of the century. A good tasing was perfect and will make him think twice before doing something stupid like that next time.
Not sure i've read about a lot of police related tackling deaths. IMG_7258.jpeg

Use of tasers and non lethal means in a serious, potentially life threatening event...absolutely. Police officers who are successful in using non life threatening means to subdue serious criminals should be lauded.

Police officers should be expected to use discretion in stressful situations. We are all human, but that is what their training should dictate. I think you guys are off base here.

Not sure i've read about a lot of police related tackling deaths. View attachment 648431

Use of tasers and non lethal means in a serious, potentially life threatening event...absolutely. Police officers who are successful in using non life threatening means to subdue serious criminals should be lauded.

Police officers should be expected to use discretion in stressful situations. We are all human, but that is what their training should dictate. I think you guys are off base here.
It's about as likely to cause a severe injury as being tackled onto a hard surface. Bad stuff can happen from any tool in a LEOs bag. The bigger issue is the don't reliably deploy correctly.

Last edited:
Not sure i've read about a lot of police related tackling deaths. View attachment 648431

In a life threatening event tasers should not be used. They are notoriously ineffective for a number of reasons. If it's life or death the main service weapon should be used. There are levels of escalation. Not sure what this departments policy is but he attempted to subdue the guy. He upped the escalation, if it was within department policy he should be good..... If not he needs to be educated and or disciplined.

Very little risk of escalation with a taser. Significant risk of escalation with a tackle.

was trying to embed the vid into VN. Ill have to keep messing with it.
Ok, I see. Yeah, the file is too big. You have to go to a GIF maker (is used gyphy), then take the gif to a compression website and reduce the gif size. That's the hardest part of it. Making the goofy AI video is easy, 😂, putting it on VN takes 2-3 steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back