Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Dont Believe You Ron Burgundy GIF - I Dont Believe You Ron ...

Not out of the realm. A major part of Garner’s pull is getting them on campus and working them out…that’d stay the same under this scenario. I don’t know this but getting out on the road wouldn’t seem to be one of his favorite activities. Chop lures them in and Garner closes? I’d sign up.
May be wrong but I think they used this already when Martinez had to miss some time.

Who is our best on the mound. Causey is 13-3 with a 3.77 ERA. Zander has been great too. 3.26 ERA. Comparable ERA. We just need 2 solid innings from Stamos.
2 solid innings? That’s asking a lot from Stamos based on the last few outings.

I’m clinching until Stamos is out.

Infarction can occur in the brain, which is what I’m assuming they’re referring to if they’re doing CTs. Think of a TIA where blood supply is cut off from tissue.

The diminished reflexes are more concerning to me. Hoping for the best. She seems like a sweet woman.
I’m completely lost beyond knowing infarction from OH having heart failure but infection plus brain worries plus fever…. Did Soda have a stroke brought on from COVID or another similar illness?

Yes! If a person gets injured or killed while they are doing something they shouldn't have been doing in the first place then tough stuff buttercup. Don't break the law and your risk of negative interaction with the authorities goes way down. Maybe not zero because cops aren't above critisism, but it is dramtically reduced. Our litigious society allowing stupidity like a burglar suing a homeowner for injury sustained while breaking into their home to steal their stuff is about the most stupid allowable lawsuit I can imagine.
And that crap is why crime rates continue to be a problem.

It's about as likely to cause a severe injury as being tackled onto a hard surface. Bad stuff can happen from any tool in a LEOs bag. The bigger issue is the don't reliably deploy correctly.
Tackling me might break my bones. Tasing me might induce a heart attack. Tasers are far more likely to be lethal than a tackle.

Last edited:
I’m completely lost beyond knowing infarction from OH having heart failure but infection plus brain worries plus fever…. Did Soda have a stroke brought on from COVID or another similar illness?
IIRC - She has/had meningitis. She had been induced into a coma to allow her body to better fight it. She has had strokes or events while under. They tried to ease the sedation some days ago and it did not go great. Currently she has had less negative reports, but brain activity and impacts are a current concern. Her body is fighting. Hopefully and prayerfully there has not been irreversible damage.

She still has gag and choking reflexes her extremities have not responded.

Prayers still needed and being sent in copious supplies.

Last edited:
Tackling me might break my bones. Teasing me might induce a heart attack. Tasers are far more likely to be lethal than a tackle.
Yeah, you're right, what do I know. Possibly breaking a bone is definitely the only bad thing that can happen from being forcefully thrown down on concrete.

Reactions: mrMet
Just saw on X someone saying the one player who would have rocked Heup's offense the most would have been Pig Howard... couldn't agree more... crazy the talent we had that was wasted with poor coaching/development overall... (yes Pig screwed himself, but his talent was insane and perfect for this O)

Who's a player from the past 10yrs or so that would have dominated on this team now? Can you even imagine Kamara in the backfield now with his ability to catch!?

In theory you could crack my skull but the odds of a heart attack are higher.
In theory, if a cop pulls out the taser, the odds of them getting clapped are also higher. Hence, the escalation.

But I disagree with this cop using his taser here, as I said in an earlier post.

Just saw on X someone saying the one player who would have rocked Heup's offense the most would have been Pig Howard... couldn't agree more... crazy the talent we had that was wasted with poor coaching/development overall... (yes Pig screwed himself, but his talent was insane and perfect for this O)

Who's a player from the past 10yrs or so that would have dominated on this team now? Can you even imagine Kamara in the backfield now with his ability to catch!?

Pig Howard seems to get some weird memory effect... he wasn't that good. 99 catches for 1014 yards and just 4 TDs in his career. 6 games he went for more than 60 yards receiving, can't even argue more volume would have helped his production since he lead the team in receptions both years he played 10+ games.

Butch Jones era there were for sure talented players that got no development. But if I was to grab a WR from that era for this system I think Josh Malone would fit the best in Heupel's system. 6'3" 208lbs 4.4 who played in all 13 games each of his 3 years here... would have went from a 4th rounder to a top 10 pick.

Who is our best on the mound. Causey is 13-3 with a 3.77 ERA. Zander has been great too. 3.26 ERA. Comparable ERA. We just need 2 solid innings from Stamos.
The two innings from Stamos is what's got me worried. We've been able to out hit his lapses for the most part but I'm not sure we can do that with this pitcher. Also, this field will be a lot more difficult to hit the long ball in. In TV I trust though so we'll see.

Before the inevitable BVS and meltdowns occur, let's take time to consider the blessings this team of young men and our coaching staff have been,

50+ win season - again
SEC conference and tournament champs
Regional and Super Regional winners while deep sixing the ND disaster of '22 in the process
#1 ranking in the pollls for multiple weeks and #1 seeding in the CWS
Two to three players will likely be drafted in the MLB's first round
Exciting, fun, great representatives of UT and all Vol fans everywhere
Major renovations continuing on LNS to make it a premiere venue for college baseball

It is baseball. It is a weird game at times. Literally, we can expect anything good or bad to happen in any game they play the rest of the way. We know #1 seeds have rarely won it all. Regardless of the final outcome, we all know they are the team the #1 team for 2024 based on their body of work.

That said, win it all for Sweet.

Cordarrelle Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back