Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying out if knoxville. Now look at lodging. Then look at the water.

My retirement plan is to buy/build a boat and cruise the Caribbean 5-6 months of the year. Building a blue water boat is quite a different task than what we build now. We're looking into it though.

Edit: did you watch that YouTube video I posted? Wally world is exactly what I'm trying to escape.
Please make sure that your new retirement boat has plenty of room for VN guests. @Freak will be first, then there’s a whole signup list (screened by the VN regular crew to eliminate trolls or PITAs)

We gotcha covered there buddy! 😇

I tried to convince our group of friends to do a Bahamas trip last year. I found some affordable eco-lodge sites on remote islands. Each couple gets a hut with beach access on the island and there's a communal kitchen and chefs. Trails over the island and the ability to go kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, etc. They also coordinate picking you up from the airport and such.

The rest of the group wanted to go to one of the big fenced-in resorts on the main island and never leave. "But it has everything! A pool, shopping center, entertainment, etc!" I had to put my foot down and tell them I'm not going to the Bahamas to NOT see the Bahamas and I'm not spending that money to go to another country to sit by a pool and have the same experience I could have at any touristy Southern beach town.

It was whack. All that said, I want to go EXPERIENCE the Bahamas. But it won't be with them nor anytime soon now lol
Your version is definitely a better option. That’s our kind of vacation.
😎

It's inevitable. Surf the wave or get rekt by it.

FWIW, I have believed for 25 years that it is what ultimately brings about the Biblical end. Time has not changed that view. Humankind are building themselves a god. There will be a reckoning.
I think you are right, and the end was always going to be the end. Only thing we can do about it is be ready spiritually.

Infarction can occur in the brain, which is what I’m assuming they’re referring to if they’re doing CTs. Think of a TIA where blood supply is cut off from tissue.

The diminished reflexes are more concerning to me. Hoping for the best. She seems like a sweet woman.
Very much appreciated, thank you.

The two innings from Stamos is what's got me worried. We've been able to out hit his lapses for the most part but I'm not sure we can do that with this pitcher. Also, this field will be a lot more difficult to hit the long ball in. In TV I trust though so we'll see.
We will see. I think he doesn't want to change anything up this late and he and Frank have developed and stuck to this plan. It has worked so far, but I agree, Stamos is a bit of a wild card.

IIRC - She has/had meningitis. She had been induced into a coma to allow her body to better fight it. She has had strokes or events while under. They tried to ease the sedation some days ago and it did not go great. Currently she has had less negative reports, but brain acrivity and impacts are a current concern. Her body is fighting. Hopefully and prayerfully there has not been irreversible damage.

She still has gag and choking reflexes her extremities have not responded.

Prayers still needed and being sent in copious supplies.
Damn. I wish I had something insightful or good to say but that is incredibly tough. I knew stuff was making a comeback but you never expect it to hit so close. Soda is def. a fighter. She’s been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately.

I don't think the Vols win this one. They're going with their best on the mound, well, we're not. I'm not expecting much.

bonk-father.gif

Before the inevitable BVS and meltdowns occur, let's take time to consider the blessings this team of young men and our coaching staff have been,

50+ win season - again
SEC conference and tournament champs
Regional and Super Regional winners while deep sixing the ND disaster of '22 in the process
#1 ranking in the pollls for multiple weeks and #1 seeding in the CWS
Two to three players will likely be drafted in the MLB's first round
Exciting, fun, great representatives of UT and all Vol fans everywhere
Major renovations continuing on LNS to make it a premiere venue for college baseball

It is baseball. It is a weird game at times. Literally, we can expect anything good or bad to happen in any game they play the rest of the way. We know #1 seeds have rarely won it all. Regardless of the final outcome, we all know they are the team the #1 team for 2024 based on their body of work.

That said, win it all for Sweet.
Bravo!!!

I tried to convince our group of friends to do a Bahamas trip last year. I found some affordable eco-lodge sites on remote islands. Each couple gets a hut with beach access on the island and there's a communal kitchen and chefs. Trails over the island and the ability to go kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, etc. They also coordinate picking you up from the airport and such.

The rest of the group wanted to go to one of the big fenced-in resorts on the main island and never leave. "But it has everything! A pool, shopping center, entertainment, etc!" I had to put my foot down and tell them I'm not going to the Bahamas to NOT see the Bahamas and I'm not spending that money to go to another country to sit by a pool and have the same experience I could have at any touristy Southern beach town.

It was whack. All that said, I want to go EXPERIENCE the Bahamas. But it won't be with them nor anytime soon now lol
Go to the Abacos. Hire a sail boat. Thank me later.

Places like this

Or charters like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back