Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you enjoyed giving up 11 runs in the first game?
It was clear that TV wanted to dance with who brung him. Hindsight is 20/20. We won. I have not agreed with all of his decisions either but he keeps proving he knows best. Zander or Beam out of their normal rhythm might have gotten shelled also.

Crap. Terrible decision. We will be down 3-0 before we blink, and that’s all Arnold will need. I have a friend at church who is a big FSU fan and follows baseball closely. Said Arnold is best pitcher left in WS and has been pitching great the last 2 months, keeping ball down in the zone (unlike Beam who could be that good if he kept the ball down). We will do well to score 3-4 runs against him. Can’t give up a bunch of early runs.

He did mention about getting touched up some last start against UConn.
Yes we can. We can give up a buncha runs and still win!
It’s okay.
It’s just baseball, right @Ulysees E. McGill ?

With that being said, haven’t been that stressed about a sporting event in a while. Feels great to be a Tennessee Volunteer! 🤠

How about from here on out, we quit toying with our prey and just destroy them quickly. 😎

How many home runs for the season now?

So here's what made the difference.

A friend of mine who lives in Oregon was in a small town thrift store there a few years ago and saw an orange bottle opener with a Power T that plays Rocky Top when you use it, so he bought it and mailed it to me. I only use it on occasion because most of the times I have a beer are at night when I don't want to wake people up with Rocky Top.

So in the bottom of the 9th I was trying to stave off an infarction and grabbed a beer. When I went for a bottle opener I saw that Vols one toward the back of the drawer and I knew. I could freakin feel it and knew I had to use it. And Rocky Top sounded like it meant business. And then boom.

So... you're welcome. 😁

I’m sure there’s a good number of “what if’s” in this game but what a base running blunder by the Semen Holes early in the game when the runner rounding 3rd missed the bag instead of scored.
Let's not forget Causey also getting us off with bases loaded. That was a small difference maker for the game as well. That could've been ugly for us and might not of made a comeback if not for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back