Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critique is better than yes men (and women). Big gap between critique vs hating. Love for one's country should necessarily include pointing out its faults imo, not keeping a blind eye.

Now the "critiques" folks will disagree ofc, doesn't change the motives. Demonizing others, as both sides are wont to do, does no good either. Listen to critique, understand they want what's best too, and if you disagree, then it is what it is. Doesn't mean the other person has hate because they a have different pov. Same as with all the kneeling...it wasn't anti-American or troops lol. And if people truly listened, I think that was clearly apparent.

Also unsure of the principle that by bashing them it will somehow give them a "reality check" or make them give up their principles.

Jmo
My “reality check” comment is from them losing and people not caring about them at all like they think people do

I would apologize, if I were you, Newt, and explain that you were making a joke about Weezer's attachment to the board (which seems true to me), but did not mean to impugn his care of and for his mother. It was basically a snark accidentally gone wrong. Weez seems to have some really close friends here from life outside the board. And if he did wish to be wished well by them and the board at large, nothing wrong with that. Not your roll, I know, but that's ok, too. You can continue to snark on. You don't have to be infallible.
Was I a little perturbed last night? Of course. But we all know Newt's act. He enjoys being a smartass. He can have whatever opinion he wants. Doesn't bother me.

It's not like my mom was in a life-threatening situation and I was messing around on VN. Doctor called about abnormal blood work showing a significant change in her kidney function. He wanted her taken to a local ER so they could admit her and run diagnostics. I immediately got dressed and was ready to go. She took her time getting ready because she didn't really want to go. I have a stubborn mother and knew arguing was pointless and would only make her go slower. So, I got on the computer while I waited. That's it. When she was ready, I got her to the hospital fast. Not even sure why I'm explaining all of this, but anyone who has dealt with an elderly parent should know how stubborn and set in their ways they can be.

My “reality check” comment is from them losing and people not caring about them at all like they think people do
United States is expected to win any competition in Basketball, so if they lose the players are going to get bad mouthed it's the spoiled factor of Americans.... Soccer is the only Sport America should be underdogs in...Major Sport not talking about Cricket... I blame Kerr more than the players small ball doesn't win all the time...

Reactions: Devo182 and The Dog
Weezy didn't cause it...it was Glitch the Usurper 😁
Glitch be like...

easter-funny-shrek.gif

United States is expected to win any competition in Basketball, so if they lose the players are going to get bad mouthed it's the spoiled factor of Americans.... Soccer is the only Sport America should be underdogs in...Major Sport not talking about Cricket... I blame Kerr more than the players small ball doesn't win all the time...
Agree, especially basketball. I said this was a bronze medal team, at best. I hate saying I told you so, but I told you so. Check my stats in the NBA Forum/USA Basketball

Was I a little perturbed last night? Of course. But we all know Newt's act. He enjoys being a smartass. He can have whatever opinion he wants. Doesn't bother me.

It's not like my mom was in a life-threatening situation and I was messing around on VN. Doctor called about abnormal blood work showing a significant change in her kidney function. He wanted her taken to a local ER so they could admit her and run diagnostics. I immediately got dressed and was ready to go. She took her time getting ready because she didn't really want to go. I have a stubborn mother and knew arguing was pointless and would only make her go slower. So, I got on the computer while I waited. That's it. When she was ready, I got her to the hospital fast. Not even sure why I'm explaining all of this, but anyone who has dealt with an elderly parent should know how stubborn and set in their ways they can be.
Wait wait wait…. You access VN on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back