CF: Ensley < Gilbert
RF: Tears = Beck
C: Stark < Russell
1B: Burke = Lip
2nd: Moore > Ortega
3rd: Amick < Lipscomb
SS: Curley = Lawson

Pitching 2022: Joyce, Sewell, Tidwell, Walsh, Kirby, Burns, Dollander >>

Just my opinion. I think the 22 team talent wise was better, but this team is playing well and together at the right time and that’s what matters.
Offense is maybe a wash...it seems like we scored a lot more runs per game that year, but I am too lazy to look it up.

But the pitching is nowhere even close to 22...that staff was nuts.

I agree, I think Beam needs to start Saturday, which is the first game, and then see where Zander is at Sunday. I really dont trust Stamos getting the nod first after his last few outtings, id rather start Causey if it wont be beam or zander
No. Again, Zander can't go on 3 days rest. Stamos/Causey have got us here. Causey is most effective out of the bullpen. Trust Tony and Frank.

Don't flame me for asking --- so I guess there's absolutely no way Russell will be available correct? Our existing guys/bullpen may be in such a groove they may not even want to potentially upset the MOJO...
Probably already been said, but no chance at all. He just had Tommy John surgery.

Offense is maybe a wash...it seems like we scored a lot more runs per game that year, but I am too lazy to look it up.

But the pitching is nowhere even close to 22...that staff was nuts.
The pitching don't stack up to '22, nowhere near it (although '24 pitching has been a very good bunch); but, offensively, top to bottom, this year is better. How many innings did we miss out on this year, because we run-ruled our opponent? Who knows what the final numbers would have been, if we could've finished out those games?

Imo, the run-rule games are just another reason C-Mo should've won all the awards, and without doubt is the best player in the country. How many at-bats did he miss out on because of them?

Last edited:
Hard to beat that 22 team.

LF: Dreiling > Stephenson

Just my opinion. I think the 22 team talent wise was better, but this team is playing well and together at the right time and that’s what matters.
Russell was better with the bat, but Stark has him by a mile on defense. Russell didn't even come close to playing the position as well as Stark.

Hard to beat that 22 team.

LF: Dreiling > Stephenson

Burke is clearly better than lipcius in my opinion.

I’ve been here for a bit and I still get referred to as a man. Here’s looking at that purple thing that goes by @Weezer .
I’ve been around for a long time but don’t post often. I had a lot to say about the hiring of Jeremy Pruitt, since I grew up in middle GA and knew about him before he was hired. I’ve grown up around football and played softball. Love the comments from the guys AND gals here in the recruiting forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back