Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On June 20, 1975, Jaws, a film directed by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to go into the water, opens in theaters. The story of a great white shark that terrorizes a New England resort town became an instant blockbuster and the highest-grossing film in movie history until it was bested by 1977's Star Wars. Jaws was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Picture category and took home three Oscars, for Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound. The film, a breakthrough for director Spielberg, then 27 years old, spawned several sequels.

View attachment 651011

View attachment 651013
My girlfriend/now wife and I went to see it opening weekend. When sheriff Brody blew up the shark the theater exploded with applause and cheers.
Following year senior trip to Florida we all were still thinking about JAWS!!

My girlfriend/now wife and I went to see it opening weekend. When sheriff Brody blew up the shark the theater exploded with applause and cheers.
Following year senior trip to Florida we all were still thinking about JAWS!!
Thanks man! You should've said spoiler alert as I haven't seen it yet. I'm only 58.

Hell I’ll argue, why aren’t we the most talented?!?
Hard to beat that 22 team.

LF: Dreiling > Stephenson
CF: Ensley < Gilbert
RF: Tears = Beck
C: Stark < Russell
1B: Burke = Lip
2nd: Moore > Ortega
3rd: Amick < Lipscomb
SS: Curley = Lawson

Pitching 2022: Joyce, Sewell, Tidwell, Walsh, Kirby, Burns, Dollander >>

Just my opinion. I think the 22 team talent wise was better, but this team is playing well and together at the right time and that’s what matters.

It took Tim Corbin 9 years to make it to Omaha, 12 to make first final (and win). 5 trips in 21 years (removing Covid season). 6 seasons with 50+ wins, best season in 2019 with 59-12 record, SEC reg season and tourney champ, #2 overall seed.

Vitello has 3 CWS trips in 6 years (removing Covid year). 3 seasons to make his first CWS. 6 seasons to make his first final. 3 seasons with 50+ wins, best season this year with a 58-12 record currently, #1 overall seed, SEC reg and tourney champ. Opportunity to win the whole thing this weekend.

(Side note: To put the 2022 team in perspective. They were 57-9 to end the season. They could've entered the CWS 58-8. They could've won a national title with fewer than 10 losses. Pepperdine had 11 losses in 92. USC and Texas had fewer than 10 losses in the 70s.)

The podcast host loves it (as she should) b/c its all about increasing views for her show and has no obligation to their relationship. Stafford’s wife is a complete IDIOT. The dude has helped her through her cancer. Stafford is too nice; I wouldn’t gotten back with her after they broke up initially. She belongs in streets.
Sounds like she’s already been in the streets and is comfortable there.

Reddick as Lakers coach is BS.
82 degrees while sleeping is BS.

Matthew Dallas Good luck young man in your future endeavors.

Peace out.
I hope some random team drafts Bronny now and they make the Lakers pay up big time for him so Bron can play with his son.

Would ruin the Lakers, which they deserve due to letting Bron be the HC.

Reactions: Glitch
I'm a big, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" person, go with what got you to the dance; BUT...I'm not far from being convinced with throwing Beam Saturday, Zander Sunday.

Again, I don't like tinkering with things that are running on all cylinders; but...

Then again, maybe I just answered my own question. Keep going the way that's gotten us here.
Can't throw Zander on 3 days rest.

In fairness, he has a point. If that call goes for FSU, you could easily make the argument that they were set up to win the tournament.

If the finals go the way we hope, in retrospect after the CWS is over, that could easily be the most consequential call in both FSU and UT baseball history.
I don't give a rat's behind, sorry.

All of the combined advanced stats I saw at the time said it was THE best. And honestly the margin was material.

This a great team, but 2022 was insaaaane. Only 9 losses all year 🥴
I hate that the game took what those guys deserved from them...but nothing will change how I feel about that team.

I believe that they were the best college baseball team ever.

We play Notre Dame 100 times and I believe we win 80+ of them...we didn't just beat teams that year, we absolutely annihilated them...even in the SEC schedule.

IIRC we swept the Ole Miss team that won the title that year and blew them off the field in every game.

What that team did to the rest of CBB was ridiculous.

That's just baseball..

I absolutely love this team...but that team will always hold a higher place in my heart...they made baseball fun again for me with their unbridled passion.

They made this year possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back