Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done writing a sermon for youth Sunday. They are letting this lay person take a stab at it. I am not a pastor, but I work with a lot of our youth groups. Fingers crossed I don't screw it up. Also I agreed to go to a concert on Saturday with my wife long before I ever knew we'd be in the finals. I will miss the game, but that might be for the best. I ain't superstitious, but I ain't not superstitious either.

Good MOJO for everyone this weekend.
Praying that God speaks through you regardless of the words that you speak.

So in the SEC tournament against A&M and Ryan Prager, the Vols knocked him out in the 2nd inning. He threw 53 pitches with 2 walks & 2 strikeouts. Only allowed 1 run. Stamos threw 3.1 innings of 1 run ball followed by 4 innings of 2 run ball from Causey. Prager dominated Kentucky, but Vols offense is a different animal.

A&M strength is their bullpen, the other 2 starters haven’t been great. Though Lamkin shut down Florida in 8 innings over 2 starts at CWS. If the Vols can grind out at bats and work pitch counts, they can negate this a little by over working them.

A&M only had 3 real power hitters on offense. 1 is out with injury & Laviollette is hampered by a hamstring injury. The key for Vols pitching is to limit walks. Oregon in Supers & Florida on Wednesday couldn’t do this.

If the Vols play like they did against UNC & game 2 against FSU, I believe the title will be on its way to Knoxville.

So in the SEC tournament against A&M and Ryan Prager, the Vols knocked him out in the 2nd inning. He threw 53 pitches with 2 walks & 2 strikeouts. Only allowed 1 run. Stamos threw 3.1 innings of 1 run ball followed by 4 innings of 2 run ball from Causey. Prager dominated Kentucky, but Vols offense is a different animal.

A&M strength is their bullpen, the other 2 starters haven’t been great. Though Lamkin shut down Florida in 8 innings over 2 starts at CWS. If the Vols can grind out at bats and work pitch counts, they can negate this a little by over working them.

A&M only had 3 real power hitters on offense. 1 is out with injury & Laviollette is hampered by a hamstring injury. The key for Vols pitching is to limit walks. Oregon in Supers & Florida on Wednesday couldn’t do this.

If the Vols play like they did against UNC & game 2 against FSU, I believe the title will be on its way to Knoxville.
Someone suggested walking Laviolette (and only Laviolette) and make him run bases with his hammy. 😂

Reactions: LaagerVol
Napier???? Freeze? I think Heupel can hold his own. GBO! Get ready we’re gonna be fun to watch! And I mean on both sides of the ball!
Look Napier is a crappy coach but look at his first class at UF. The per recruit average (the only metric that counts) was 88.88 in 2022. Ours was 88.10.

in 2023 our average was 90.87 with 25 commits. Napiers was 91.41 with 22 commits.

In 2024, our average was 91.16 with 21 commits. UFs was 91.35 with 20 commits. Hopefully we get a better class than them this year. You may not like it but both Napier and Freeze can recruit.

I do think when we win 10 or 11 games this year recruiting is gonna improve.

Reactions: BbwVol
Just saw this . So sad. He was a special talent!

Former A&M RB Lewis dies from cancer at 55
Was stoked the Bears got him in the sixth. For a short sample size, he ran through tackles unlike Neal Anderson. Thought we had our answer…then he disappeared due to addiction issues. He was just released from prison last year for humanitarian reasons.

Last edited:
I like you, but you should be banned or take a little vacation for this.
What? It's an actual TAMU photograph. I didn't invent it. What do you make of it?

If you want me to retract my joke that it depicts a "hostess" program, OK, I retract it. But tell me if you will why you have never criticized hostess jokes in the past. It's a long-running joke here dating back to you-know-who's disastrous tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back