Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember missing a show or sporting event on TV and being pissed because you'd never get to see it, unless there was a replay in a few months? 😂
It's fixing to happen tonight.

My in-laws are wanting to get together for Fathers Day this evening since me and my wife's aunt were sick last week. I didn't get told until last night. My BIL, my wife's cousin (the aunt's daughter), and myself are huge VOL fans. My wife's papaw is around 90 yrs so I'm getting "you need to go....". He's a huge NASCAR fan and there is no way they would plan a dinner during a race. I was told a television will be onsite. I'm kinda aggravated about it.

(I'm DVRing it but I really want to watch it live.)

My in-laws are wanting to get together for Fathers Day this evening since me and my wife's aunt were sick last week. I didn't get told until last night. My BIL, my wife's cousin (the aunt's daughter), and myself are huge VOL fans. My wife's papaw is around 90 yrs so I'm getting "you need to go....". He's a huge NASCAR fan and there is no way they would plan a dinner during a race. I was told a television will be onsite. I'm kinda aggravated about it.

I’ve got a wedding and reception to go to. 🫤

Pull a Bueller

1719071157056.gif

They were losing to teams like Oakland and Hendersonville. They beat the heck out of good Oak Ridge teams a few times. Going to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs is a pretty good team imo.
I didn't really follow them until the late 1990s and early 2000s. They lost in a lot of first rounds in that time.

My wife likes to have a glass or six of wine on Friday evenings to wind down. Last night, I think she was a little bit tipsy as she was yelling at the TV while watching a movie. She kept screaming, "Don't go in there!! Do not go into that building, you idiot!!" It was at that point that I realized she was watching our wedding video.

No slack...I just check out during games now because I want to curb-stomp about half of the posters(the aforementioned Idiot Margin)in the game thread for dogging our players and coaches out so badly.

It's not wrong to say "PlayerX isn't seeing the ball well tonight"...or "PitcherX has struggled badly the last few weeks, and I don't have confidence he can get the job done"...or "FielderX is really playing sloppy tonight...or "Tony's decisions aren't working out"..etc etc etc..

But the IM doesn't do that...they call our guys "Soft" or "Uninterested" or "Garbage" or "Trash" or "Stupid"

That pisses me off...we don't have teams in any sport full of obvious selfish quitters like we did for many long years under previous horrid regimes.
It’s kinda funny to read afterwards. But I agree that I don’t get on VN during games at all. The game has my total focus.

It’s embarrassing for some of the posters negative comments to come back at them.

I'm glad we didn't. Baseball is a huge momentum sport. These boys didn't need it 💪
I don't and never did say or believe that we "should lose on purpose"..I know a couple of others espoused that thought...BUT...I did say that it was a stupid idea to burn through our pitching staff to win the SEC tourney...obviously Tony and the team felt that way because that is exactly how they played it out.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
My wife likes to have a glass or six of wine on Friday evenings to wind down. Last night, I think she was a little bit tipsy as she was yelling at the TV while watching a movie. She kept screaming, "Don't go in there!! Do not go into that building, you idiot!!" It was at that point that I realized she was watching our wedding video.
tenor-157.gif

Get @Sally to add some @$$less chaps on those yetis to make the image more factually accurate.
Weez is very sensitive on that subject. He will likely call for you to be banned. Shortly after he posts about the perils and dangers of
shoving eggs up his buttocks.
Such things are a long time obsession with @Weezer.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
What? It's an actual TAMU photograph. I didn't invent it. What do you make of it?

If you want me to retract my joke that it depicts a "hostess" program, OK, I retract it. But tell me if you will why you have never criticized hostess jokes in the past. It's a long-running joke here dating back to you-know-who's disastrous tenure.
I hate that I missed whatever this was about...if Butchie is comparing it to his "Finish him!" debacle it must have been a classic..

People are stupid for engaging in it...Roccos is smart for recognizing and exploiting that gross stupidity.
Did you know that 1/2 the proceeds goes to a food bank in the particular college’s town? That would be my only reason to buy any if I were there. I might do one Jell-O shot myself. 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back