Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it is always a question to be aimed towards those who make the calls when a young man as impressive as him gets passed over. Denying so is ignorant.

That’s your opinion that it’s stupid. Your posts amount to a collection of twss memes. What’s up, pot? “With all due respect”
You saw three very talented young men get honored and your immediate thought went to racism. My humor may be juvenile but you have got to be joking that the first thought we should have is that racism played a role in C-Mo getting overlooked. Racism still abounds in our society, but we have made too much progress to go backwards with stupid crap like this.

Actually don’t think it’s either. Unless we’re claiming everyone also hates UF bc no Cags?

Believe it’s just the people who vote on awards don’t watch enough baseball. But on the whole, all these guys are worthy of the award. Cags and CMo should also be finalists. And any of the 5 would be a good pick (eh maybe not Hagen Smith) but CMo *should* get a bump bc of what he’s done in the postseason.

All opinions of course.
Does it count postseason performance? I tried a quick google search but couldn’t find anything definitive. As impressive as C-Mo has been….the two hitters had over a 1.5 ops while C-Mo was in the 1.2 range…. Hagen Smith was a very impressive pitcher at 9-0 with a .8 whip and 17k/9… He was even better in the SEC.

C-Mo will have to settle with a NC and college world series MVP.

Actually don’t think it’s either. Unless we’re claiming everyone also hates UF bc no Cags?

Believe it’s just the people who vote on awards don’t watch enough baseball. But on the whole, all these guys are worthy of the award. Cags and CMo should also be finalists. And any of the 5 would be a good pick (eh maybe not Hagen Smith) but CMo *should* get a bump bc of what he’s done in the postseason.

All opinions of course.
I was being a bit tongue and cheek because I really hate that our first reaction is to shout racism. It is just as ignorant as the voters that left C-Mo out by probably voting the way the media was trending. It is not that those players weren't worthy of the awards and C-Mo wasn't. You can get down to splitting hairs and drive yourself crazy.

Not directed at you. I appreciate the perspective you bring to the board....most of the time. 😆

There used to be smokey mountain markets. They had a chicken sandwich called a rooster. It was good but their best thing was their smokey dog. Hotdog with chili and smoked cheddar cheese. Best Hotdogs I've ever had.
On the south side of Henley St, just across the bridge, next to Hunley's garage on the corner, was that Rocky Top Mkt or Smoky Mtn Mkt? I should know this, but I've confused myself, 👀

The point still stands.

*Peyton was robbed in 97 because of the color of his jersey. @Glitch is right this time about Moore. It's not about racism. TN is not winning a major player award from the NCAA (DK for example). I hope Nico is the 1st but the NCAA's track record against us says "don't hold your breath"
If NCAA has anything to do with who gets an award, our athletes will definitely be on the bottom of the list after the nut shot we gave them.

The point still stands.

*Peyton was robbed in 97 because of the color of his jersey. @Glitch is right this time about Moore. It's not about racism. TN is not winning a major player award from the NCAA (DK for example). I hope Nico is the 1st but the NCAA's track record against us says "don't hold your breath"
I was being a bit tongue and cheek, but overall I think it is because the media sets a narrative early on and they will not be moved from it. We saw the same thing with the Levi's is the greatest QB ever to take the field nonsense. Even as he threw 3 picks against our, according to the media, horrid secondary that year. There is a stigma against UT players but I think it is more because we think more highly of ourselves than the media ever will. They don't want us to be good for some unknown reason.

On the south side of Henley St, just across the bridge, next to Hunley's garage on the corner, was that Rocky Top Mkt or Smoky Mtn Mkt? I should know this, but I've confused myself, 👀
I'm not sure. Smokey mountain markets were all over town. I think there was one in Powell where the inskip grill currently resides and I know there was one on Broadway between fountain city and halls.

I was being a bit tongue and cheek, but overall I think it is because the media sets a narrative early on and they will not be moved from it. We saw the same thing with the Levi's is the greatest QB ever to take the field nonsense. Even as he threw 3 picks against our, according to the media, horrid secondary that year. There is a stigma against UT players but I think it is more because we think more highly of ourselves than the media ever will. They don't want us to be good for some unknown reason.
It's even worse in baseball. Remember the UT doesn't respect the game? They hated the daddy hat. They hated the fur coat. They hated the brashness of our players. Heck they changed the freakin' rules because of us. I absolutely believe there's an anti-UT bias in the college baseball community. They hate TV (but would love to have him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back