Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw three very talented young men get honored and your immediate thought went to racism. My humor may be juvenile but you have got to be joking that the first thought we should have is that racism played a role in C-Mo getting overlooked. Racism still abounds in our society, but we have made too much progress to go backwards with stupid crap like this.
You assume incorrectly, that it was my first thought, just because it was the first thing you saw me type… my immediate thought was there is an equally or better talented player who got looked over for these players. After looking over the stats, the accomplishments, the draft projection, etc I tried to find reason for the omittance. It’s not like we haven’t already had the conversation that CMo got edit: robbed. Thanks @Tri-CitiesVol

Acknowledging it and questioning those who made the choice IS progress. Refusing to question is going backwards. Race is actually typically my last thought. It’s my duty to not think of it first, AND to always eventually question if it was thought of when an injustice is committed against someone who happens to be a minority, no other reason present.

That whoever made the votes had a race bias is a lot more believable than there being a conspiracy against Tennessee. It’s possible there was both. That might not be a popular opinion with you or on this board, but calling me stupid for standing up for our player against all potential biases against him in light of his ommittance is counter productive. If you don’t want to believe something go ahead. I’ll continue to speak up and speak out.

One might be able to argue Condon over C-Mo, imo, but the other two? Gimme a break. There’s only two players in this league that I’ll buy an argument for being a better player than C-Mo: Condon and Caglione. All others need not apply.

Last edited:
My wife likes to have a glass or six of wine on Friday evenings to wind down. Last night, I think she was a little bit tipsy as she was yelling at the TV while watching a movie. She kept screaming, "Don't go in there!! Do not go into that building, you idiot!!" It was at that point that I realized she was watching our wedding video.
Not sure if funny joke or true.

But still made me chuckle.

giphy.gif

My wife likes to have a glass or six of wine on Friday evenings to wind down. Last night, I think she was a little bit tipsy as she was yelling at the TV while watching a movie. She kept screaming, "Don't go in there!! Do not go into that building, you idiot!!" It was at that point that I realized she was watching our wedding video.
One of your better ones.

Oh...just about 6 football titles 😅

Btw what sort of club do we join by winning this weekend (titles in 2 of 3 men's sports)?

Us
Uga
LSU
UF

As far as I can tell off the top of my head
If this is about the dumb KY fan, he also forgot about the greatest Women's Basketball coach ever and all her titles.

Probably the best part about south knoxville was the smell of the bakery. . .

They had a little shop in the parking lot where they would sell the stuff with messed up packages or over-stocked stuff for real cheap. I used to love those cinnamon coffee cakes they had.
The best part of South Knoxville was my mammaw's house.

Also, does anyone remember the old Vestal park on Maryville Pike that had the huge wooden fort-like structure? Was torn down years ago, but I loved that place as a kid.

You assume incorrectly, that it was my first thought, just because it was the first thing you saw me type… my immediate thought was there is an equally or better talented player who got looked over for these players. After looking over the stats, the accomplishments, the draft projection, etc I tried to find reason for the omittance. It’s not like we haven’t already had the conversation that CMo got jipped.

Acknowledging it and questioning those who made the choice IS progress. Refusing to question is going backwards. Race is actually typically my last thought. It’s my duty to not think of it first, AND to always eventually question if it was thought of when an injustice is committed against someone who happens to be a minority, no other reason present.

That whoever made the votes had a race bias is a lot more believable than there being a conspiracy against Tennessee. It’s possible there was both. That might not be a popular opinion with you or on this board, but calling me stupid for standing up for our player against all potential biases against him in light of his ommittance is counter productive. If you don’t want to believe something go ahead. I’ll continue to speak up and speak out.

One might be able to argue Condon over C-Mo, imo, but the other two? Gimme a break. There’s only two players in this league that I’ll buy an argument for being a better player than C-Mo: Condon and Caglione. All others need not apply.
d9589ff3-07a3-464f-b8e1-0dac43f0e8b4_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back