Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of South Knoxville was my mammaw's house.

Also, does anyone remember the old Vestal park on Maryville Pike that had the huge wooden fort-like structure? Was torn down years ago, but I loved that place as a kid.
Yeah. Played there all the time. Was that Mary Vestal Park or was that further down Martin Mill Pk?

We went to the boys club down there and always walked to that park.

Used to catch crawdads in the creek there. . . probably a bad idea, cause that's creek always smelled weird, 😂

Reminds me of Dot's Grill. Best food in Knoxville, period(.)

Last edited:
You speak at @Orangeredblooded often, girl, but you don't speak for her. She's a grown woman. She spoke with me before you butted in. We didn't and don't need your help.
Holy crap, lol. She meant it as a joke. I know this because she and I are friends. She never wanted you actually banned. Ask her if you don't believe me.

Have you not noticed we all give each other hell? I get riffed on all the time. I riff on Glitch and Jack all the time. It's all about the camaraderie, my friend. You're a good dude. No one seriously wants you gone.

The face you make when Wille Nelson is sick and your wife decides we should skip the concert you were going to that was going to cause you to not see the game.

Still taking her to dinner. Still may be late, but now getting to see the game.

Also praying for Willie to make a full recovery.

Last edited:
Yeah. Played here all the time. Was that Mary Vestal Park or was that further down Martin Mill Pk?

Used to catch crawdads in the creek there. . . probably a bad idea, cause that's creek always smelled weird, 😂

I think it was Mary Vestal Park. Believe it was on Maryville Pike, where Blount Ave. meets Maryville Pike. There's another park further down Martin Mill Pike as you go towards John Sevier, but I don't recall the name.

I know that we’re focused on baseball right now. But I am livid.

The longhorns are picked to win the SEC in several places.

Need to introduce them to the SEC with arse whippings from start to finish. I want them to lose every possible conference game as a welcome to our conference. They have not played a single conference game in any sport yet and I despise them. (Honestly, I have despised them for a really long time now, but it’s escalated to a whole new level!😡)

Now back to baseball 🤠

Yeah. Played here all the time. Was that Mary Vestal Park or was that further down Martin Mill Pk?

Not familiar with Dot's Grill. Is that a place that's still there? I remember back when there was, I think it was called Parkview Market.

You assume incorrectly, that it was my first thought, just because it was the first thing you saw me type… my immediate thought was there is an equally or better talented player who got looked over for these players. After looking over the stats, the accomplishments, the draft projection, etc I tried to find reason for the omittance. It’s not like we haven’t already had the conversation that CMo got jipped.

Acknowledging it and questioning those who made the choice IS progress. Refusing to question is going backwards. Race is actually typically my last thought. It’s my duty to not think of it first, AND to always eventually question if it was thought of when an injustice is committed against someone who happens to be a minority, no other reason present.

That whoever made the votes had a race bias is a lot more believable than there being a conspiracy against Tennessee. It’s possible there was both. That might not be a popular opinion with you or on this board, but calling me stupid for standing up for our player against all potential biases against him in light of his ommittance is counter productive. If you don’t want to believe something go ahead. I’ll continue to speak up and speak out.

One might be able to argue Condon over C-Mo, imo, but the other two? Gimme a break. There’s only two players in this league that I’ll buy an argument for being a better player than C-Mo: Condon and Caglione. All others need not apply.

It cracks me up that you default to racism and then used a colloquial racist term: jipped/gypped

@Enki_Amenra

You know where Ogle Street meets Maryville Pike? Well if you're coming down Ogle Street, right before you get to the underpass, Take a left and my mammaw lived right up there on Ellen Street. I had lots of family in the South Knox/Vestal area. When dad retired from the Navy and we moved back here in '88, we moved to West Knoxville. Place has exploded in growth since we moved here. I think people just want to be near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back