Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this because I hate to agree with certain people that say a lot of stupid stuff..

If Chase Burns had stayed the course instead of being a selfish birch (I don't remember who said birch instead of **tch earlier today in a typo, but I make a move and a second that it be added to the Official VNRF Lexicon)...I believe he and we would be champions right now instead of sweating out a tough game three.

He definitely weakened our staff by leaving...instead of having 3 bona fide weekend starters, we have had to struggle to make do.

The same thing goes for AJ Russell..except what happened with him was nit his fault..he would kill to be there with his guys..

IMO..If we had either guy...we would have won Saturday instead of flopping around, and we would have finished this today.

I love Stamos and Causey, they have done their best, they have been mostly pretty solid, and it's for sure that without them we wouldn't be here...but they ain't AJ or Chase.

Overcoming those 2 huge losses was tough, and the staff as a whole has been great...for those that will argue, top 5 out of hundreds of teams is elite.

But man would I have loved to have one of those 2 guys this weekend.

Disclaimer: It is nearly 1 AM...this is just a sleepless musing of my old wandering mind..
It's hard to sleep the night before you win the whole damn thing tbh

I am at a loss for words. A scout with MLB’s Oakland A’s just sent me a text to encourage my son to play D2 or D3 and work hard because after watching some video from his senior and stats from his junior year along with the few opportunities he got this year that if he works hard and challenges himself he sees the potential to portal to D1. This year a new coach threw him aside for players on travel team though he performed well. I mentioned his 4 shutout innings vs the Baylor School. But this coach has killed him. He read it and said fine but I don’t want to play in college.
I am concerned he’s going to regret it and everyone who has coached him including some former college coaches told him he should play at the next level. A high school coach shouldn’t own a travel team. The younger players who play for him played over a few seniors so he could get the dollars. I want to beat the crap out of him but won’t help anything. Thanks for listening to my rant.
My wife's nephew pretty much did the same thing after HS, even though he was going to have a spot on the JSU team..he told the family that he was done, he loved baseball but he knew it wasn't going to be a career, and he wanted to experience other things in life, and follow his ambition to be a physical therapist.

All the kid did for years was play baseball and he just got burned out.

I always told him since he was in middle school that he should really go into golf...the kid is a natural. I bought him his first set of clubs when he was 12. He is really really good for someone who has never had any lessons and has not devoted serious practice time to it.

I really believe that if he had gotten into golf at an early age instead of baseball I believe he could have been a pro.

they said last night they called her husband in, her heart rate was very low. They didn’t think she was gonna make it. It’s not good my man she’s gonna need a miracle at this point it seems 🥲🙏🏻 I’ve not heard anything today
Continued Prayers, praying for comfort and for her not to suffer. In Jesus name

Probably not. But we don’t have to be. Be in the Top 8-12 range consistently.

The portal has changed the game. Our portal game is strong.
Don’t know why people keep saying this. If you want to win championships you have to recruit at least top 5 every year. Unless of course you want to cheat like Michigan or hope to be an anomaly like Clemson.

I am at a loss for words. A scout with MLB’s Oakland A’s just sent me a text to encourage my son to play D2 or D3 and work hard because after watching some video from his senior and stats from his junior year along with the few opportunities he got this year that if he works hard and challenges himself he sees the potential to portal to D1. This year a new coach threw him aside for players on travel team though he performed well. I mentioned his 4 shutout innings vs the Baylor School. But this coach has killed him. He read it and said fine but I don’t want to play in college.
I am concerned he’s going to regret it and everyone who has coached him including some former college coaches told him he should play at the next level. A high school coach shouldn’t own a travel team. The younger players who play for him played over a few seniors so he could get the dollars. I want to beat the crap out of him but won’t help anything. Thanks for listening to my rant.

All I will say about this is that if a Scout is saying he has the potential then he has the potential. However, College Baseball is brutal if your Son doesn’t have the desire to basically work non-stop to get better.

No weekends off during the season, workouts ever day, hitting every day, pitching etc. College Baseball becomes basically a job. I almost lost my love for the game in College thanks to a crappy outfield coach.

Point being is your son has to make up his mind that he wants to put in all of that work because it’s going to take that type of work ethic.

Sorry to hear about a crappy HS coach who obviously doesn’t care about the kids but more about money.

Save yourself some money and make them at home. They sell plastic or metal things that push down into the bread and seal the edges while cutting off the crust.
We have one of those and have used it but for me, just isn't quite as good. Ive actually had better luck using that for more of a hot pocket type meal. Put whatever you want inside and then brush the outside with butter and pan fry it. Man, so good. I put some leftover brisket in there with some peppers and cheese one time and I was in heaven.

Remind me to tell you what my son playing HFB, sorta on the lines of why I hate the whole state of Iowa, if you remember my rant from a few years ago. I’m sorry your son is going through this. I know only too well.

My wife was at costco the other week and I told her to buy some uncrustables. She responded saying we already had a box out in the fridge in the garage. I told her I knew that but those were for the kids, I wanted my own box. She then called me a child, but I don't care. It doesn't matter how old I get I will always want an uncrustable.
I have never had one of these "Uncrustables". Do they use quality peanut butter? Do you toast them in a toaster? Bake them in the oven. Tell me more about these alleged culinary delights.

Save yourself some money and make them at home. They sell plastic or metal things that push down into the bread and seal the edges while cutting off the crust.
That seems too labor intensive. And in today's society it's just politically incorrect to expect your wife to make your sammiches for you.

But if she's a good wife, she will.

Of course I'm only joking, @SmokinBob .

Reactions: VOLSONLY and Glitch
It's not the wiki picture. His wiki picture is a pretty good one, with him in UT uniform.

I know it's trivial...still can't stand it though. That, and Heupel's and Barnes' wiki pictures. Wish they could change.
Isn't Wiki able to be edited by anyone?

My man, I’m gonna be 50 tomorrow and love those things. I eat them all the time
tenor.gif

I hate to say this because I hate to agree with certain people that say a lot of stupid stuff..

If Chase Burns had stayed the course instead of being a selfish birch (I don't remember who said birch instead of **tch earlier today in a typo, but I make a move and a second that it be added to the Official VNRF Lexicon)...I believe he and we would be champions right now instead of sweating out a tough game three.

He definitely weakened our staff by leaving...instead of having 3 bona fide weekend starters, we have had to struggle to make do.

The same thing goes for AJ Russell..except what happened with him was nit his fault..he would kill to be there with his guys..

IMO..If we had either guy...we would have won Saturday instead of flopping around, and we would have finished this today.

I love Stamos and Causey, they have done their best, they have been mostly pretty solid, and it's for sure that without them we wouldn't be here...but they ain't AJ or Chase.

Overcoming those 2 huge losses was tough, and the staff as a whole has been great...for those that will argue, top 5 out of hundreds of teams is elite.

But man would I have loved to have one of those 2 guys this weekend.

Disclaimer: It is nearly 1 AM...this is just a sleepless musing of my old wandering mind..
Ummmmmmmm......... Actually, Causey is AJ.

Also, joking aside, Causey has had a solid season, comparable to the other two starters, he just feels more comfortable not being the actual starter, hence Stamos.

Suavie until it isn’t 😉. You kind of remind me of RoRo, @ prez of the Zone. The best poster on this board. The original @rocytop2624. Zone is not the same without you and I miss you, it’s not the same.
You're obviously confused, which is natural given your advanced age. I am the best poster on VN. Also the most beloved and the humblest.

What does your son want to do with his life? If he has clear goals and an outline of how he wants his life to go, let him be his own man.

As for the coach, complain to the school or the district that he has a clear conflict of interest. If that fails, convince one of the boys that got passed over to claim coach touched his naughty bits. That should do it.

Don’t know why people keep saying this. If you want to win championships you have to recruit at least top 5 every year. Unless of course you want to cheat like Michigan or hope to be an anomaly like Clemson.
Michigan didn’t cheat this season, they got caught with their advanced scouting the prior season. They just lined up and whooped everybody’s arse this season and didn’t give a damn about what the recruiting rankings were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back