Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna do my very best to stay positive tonight (although scoring 5-6 runs early would help A LOT). Sucks I’m on call for work tonight. Hoping things will stay quiet.

It’s been 26 years since I was in my 2nd year of vet school at UT and got to watch us win it all in football. Our athletic department and fanbase has gone through A LOT of misery during that time period. Tonight is our time to flip the script and start our run of numerous national championships across multiple sports!! We deserve this!!

LETTUCE GO!!!!

I think there is a good chance both teams return to their mean for the CWS final.

8-5 Vols. That lines up pretty close with the current spread too.

If you do the math on both runs UT has allowed and runs A&M has scored in the CWS, prior to our series, the numbers are identical. 4.67.

Our first game was very similar to our game against FSU except the bats were cold. A&M has better pitching. I also think FSU had better hitting, but A&M has been more clutch. Our last matchup with FSU was 7-2. Again I like the predictions. We have to execute though.

I’m feeling 5-3 or 6-4 Vols. Gotta chase starter early and burn through Aschenbeck.

I think there is a good chance both teams return to their mean for the CWS final.

8-5 Vols. That lines up pretty close with the current spread too.

If you do the math on both runs UT has allowed and runs A&M has scored in the CWS, prior to our series, the numbers are identical. 4.67.

Our first game was very similar to our game against FSU except the bats were cold. A&M has better pitching. I also think FSU had better hitting, but A&M has been more clutch. Our last matchup with FSU was 7-2. Again I like the predictions. We have to execute though.
It really is eerie how much the team hitting stats of aTm and FSU align. aTm is more patient with a lot more walks, FSU steals and takes the extra base better. I see a similar result, a solid W for our guys.

The intangibles go our way now. We got over the hump. Had the dumb bunny game in the first one. Ate some humble pie. Had the mini-slump game in the second one with Dylan and Cal making it happen with solid pitching despite Cortez pulling Houdini acts getting out of jams. We won the third game to take an SEC opponent series all season.

Return to norm.

Zander and staff need to keep the ball down and throw a lot of strikes. Our hitters need to be patient and focused. Good things will happen.

Update on @SweetasSoda, was told this morning they’re putting a feeding tube in and a trach. The plan after these procedures is to move her to a nursing home. 🥲 was told she’s in a vegetative state. Prayers for everyone involved 🥲 not the update that I wanted to post this morning, my heart is broken
🙏🙏🙏🧡🧡🧡

Ok so what arms do we have? I know everyone would cut their arm off and pitch it to get the win, but realistically who is available?

Zander (obvious)
Causey?? Short rest pitched 3.2
Phillips? (.2 innings)
Combs (per Tony, but is that accurate? He pitched 4 innings)
Kirby (always, but minor)
Snead faced 3 yesterday. Is he burned?
Behnke (pitched 1.2)
Stamos (does he count?)
Loy pitched 2.

Ok so what arms do we have? I know everyone would cut their arm off and pitch it to get the win, but realistically who is available?

Zander (obvious)
Causey?? Short rest pitched 3.2
Phillips? (.2 innings)
Combs (per Tony, but is that accurate? He pitched 4 innings)
Kirby (always, but minor)
Snead faced 3 yesterday. Is he burned?
Behnke (pitched 1.2)
Stamos (does he count?)
Loy pitched 2.
1719234186903.gif

At times they have sucked. Other times like today they were great.

If only there were a system where numbers were accumulated over an extended period of time and then those numbers were averaged and analyzed to see if the outlier is them sucking or them being great. Now that’d be something.

I am going to guess we see these arms. Hopefully Zander can take us a long way into the game.

Zander
Kirby
Phillips
Behnke
Combs
Snead
Wouldn’t be surprised if stamos is tossed out there for a batter or two. The staff seems to still like him but hasn’t been able to go more than an inning as of late.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back