Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to guess we see these arms. Hopefully Zander can take us a long way into the game.

Zander
Kirby
Phillips
Behnke
Combs
Snead
I would throw Loy in there too. I think he only threw like 25 pitches the other night IIRC.

I do not want to see Stamos. We are in deep doo doo if we do. Stamos should only be allowed in right before we let a position player to pitch.

Causey and Beam could maybe give something short in desperation.

Ok so what arms do we have? I know everyone would cut their arm off and pitch it to get the win, but realistically who is available?

Zander (obvious)
Causey?? Short rest pitched 3.2
Phillips? (.2 innings)
Combs (per Tony, but is that accurate? He pitched 4 innings)
Kirby (always, but minor)
Snead faced 3 yesterday. Is he burned?
Behnke (pitched 1.2)
Stamos (does he count?)
Loy pitched 2.
Both teams Johnny Whole Staff tonight. Some maybe situational pitchers. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Prager pitch to a couple of batters.

Reactions: DD4ME
I am going to guess we see these arms. Hopefully Zander can take us a long way into the game.

Zander
Kirby
Phillips
Behnke
Combs
Snead

Would be pretty surprised to see Phillips unless we’re up 4-5 runs. Too important of a game to risk giving free passes. But who knows. Gonna be a fun one!

I am at a loss for words. A scout with MLB’s Oakland A’s just sent me a text to encourage my son to play D2 or D3 and work hard because after watching some video from his senior and stats from his junior year along with the few opportunities he got this year that if he works hard and challenges himself he sees the potential to portal to D1. This year a new coach threw him aside for players on travel team though he performed well. I mentioned his 4 shutout innings vs the Baylor School. But this coach has killed him. He read it and said fine but I don’t want to play in college.
I am concerned he’s going to regret it and everyone who has coached him including some former college coaches told him he should play at the next level. A high school coach shouldn’t own a travel team. The younger players who play for him played over a few seniors so he could get the dollars. I want to beat the crap out of him but won’t help anything. Thanks for listening to my rant.
Are you saying your son doesn't want to play in college because he expected to be drafted?

Wouldn’t be surprised if stamos is tossed out there for a batter or two. The staff seems to still like him but hasn’t been able to go more than an inning as of late.
I wondered on him. He has not done much good so far. I would not see then dropping him into a high leverage situatuon. Who knows though he could close for us tomorrow.

Zander
Kirby
Phillips
Behnke
Combs
Snead
I’m uncomfortable with Behnke. Maybe bringing him in to face a lefty and that’s it. He can be really really good but he also struggles to find the zone plenty.

So it sounds like most of you agree rest be damed we will trot everything at them if needed. I was unsure if we had guys whose arms just don't allow it. I know Kirby has a rubber band.

Stamos I would prefer not to see high leverage action. Phillips marginally so for a couple of pitchers.

We have yet to have a good offensive game this series. Game 1 we had quite a few hits but they were mainly singles. We need to get back to rolling doubles and hitting with runners on base. Can’t leave runners stranded all game.

Reactions: JP_UT_O&W
😭😂😂😂😂 chill…I can’t buy a date if I wanted to…some of the married fellas in here neeed to give me some of their good luck…this generation of females are a$$ and I’m striking out like A&M😭😂
@Weezer isn't where you want to go shopping for looks....

To be fair...@Glitch probably wouldn't be my first choice either. Uggo central.

Time to be serious for a second...my two daughters want children so badly and are having issues conceiving...my older girl is 30 and has been married for 10 years and they have been trying for years, but she has some physical issues that make conceiving difficult, they are now doing fertility treatments, and my baby girl is 29 and just got married going on 2 years ago, but her and the SiL want to have a couple of children and don't want to wait until she is in her mid 30s.

I would appreciate you guys praying for them...especially my older daughter, it has caused her some issues with depression..she desperately wants a child.
I've told my story and I can definitely empathize. It was all my wife ever wanted and it happened when we least expected it after fertility treatments had not seemed to be working. If your daughter has PCOS there are OBGYNs that specialize in that. We were fortunate to find one that actually listened to us and took my wife seriously. Don't lose hope. My best wishes and thoughts to you and your girls.

Yes but we were down 5 runs or something at that point. And even in that short stint he walked one.

His stuff is great. He just can’t control it most of the time. 15 BBs in 20 IP.
Another off season with coach Anderson and we may have a stud on our staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back