Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at a loss for words. A scout with MLB’s Oakland A’s just sent me a text to encourage my son to play D2 or D3 and work hard because after watching some video from his senior and stats from his junior year along with the few opportunities he got this year that if he works hard and challenges himself he sees the potential to portal to D1. This year a new coach threw him aside for players on travel team though he performed well. I mentioned his 4 shutout innings vs the Baylor School. But this coach has killed him. He read it and said fine but I don’t want to play in college.
I am concerned he’s going to regret it and everyone who has coached him including some former college coaches told him he should play at the next level. A high school coach shouldn’t own a travel team. The younger players who play for him played over a few seniors so he could get the dollars. I want to beat the crap out of him but won’t help anything. Thanks for listening to my rant.
This is coming from experience… just remember VERY few make it past the high school level and the college experience is extremely rough. It is more like business/work - and if your son doesn’t absolutely LOVE the game both to play and to watch from the bench, then just treasure his time playing in high school and time spent with his friends. If you stew over it, you’ll ruin both his experience and yours. Garth Iorg gave me some great insight… the truly talented ball players can’t be hidden. If they work hard and continually improve, they will get noticed (Sometimes it takes a little luck too). - just my 2 cents worth from a past baseball parent.

You know what's funny? . .
aTm has a thread on their board about jr's coach getting fired. First few posts say that Vitello is a perfect fit. One says there is no chance it's schloss or whatever his name is. . .

Then a few posts pass and someone mentions Vitello already signed an extension here. Then someone posts a tweet about Schloss being the next coach, that it's been in the works for a while and is probably true. . .

They quickly devolve into borderline panic mode. I haven't read all of it, they could be in full-blown meltdown.

20240624_170605.gif

Getting a new house and shopping for bundled home and auto. Who have you liked, who do you steer clear of any why?

Currently with Erie. Had to file a home claim and they were awesome and responsive. But for the new house they are coming in a lot higher than other quotes so trying to figure out if there is anyone as reliable for less.

I grew up with AMICA and they were great too but they are more expensive than Erie.

We got recommended Sage Sure but insurance brokers love them and customers loathe them so we now don't trust our broker lol.
We have Travellers for both. We had to file a claim on our house once, and they were great to work with.

You know what's funny? . .
aTm has a thread on their board about jr's coach getting fired. First few posts say that Vitello is a perfect fit. One says there is no chance it's schloss or whatever his name is. . .

Then a few posts pass and someone mentions Vitello already signed an extension here. Then someone posts a tweet about Schloss being the next coach, that it's been in the works for a while and is probably true. . .

They quickly devolve into borderline panic mode. I haven't read all of it, they could be in full-blown meltdown.

Someone go stir it up. “Surely he would never do this to us. Right?”

Getting a new house and shopping for bundled home and auto. Who have you liked, who do you steer clear of any why?

Currently with Erie. Had to file a home claim and they were awesome and responsive. But for the new house they are coming in a lot higher than other quotes so trying to figure out if there is anyone as reliable for less.

I grew up with AMICA and they were great too but they are more expensive than Erie.

We got recommended Sage Sure but insurance brokers love them and customers loathe them so we now don't trust our broker lol.
Farmers got me the best house quote. My agents car quote came in a tad higher than I’m at right now (with Erie) but it wasn’t by much

May depend on where you live. I have had Tennessee Farm Bureau for home and auto my whole adult life and have always got excellent service every time I have had a claim. Keep this in mind with whoever you choose. Read over the homeowners coverage closely and make darn sure they either have sinkhole coverage built in or offer it on a rider. There's only 3 or 4 total carriers in Tennessee that have it built in their basic coverage. I know from 1st hand experience and thank GOD we had Farm Bureau.

Insurance is a scam! Just cover everything yourself, no big deal. 😂

Ask us tomorrow

I have three kids that says this is bologna.

Well, I’ve never known a man to own up to being in the under five club, so I’m not gonna argue.
maybe you just have a short but super powerful shooter. Good for you.

And that's why @Glitch has so many TWSS posts.

In the words of Paul Harvey, "and now you know the rest of the story."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back