Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...they hit more HRs because their bats were different...so...asterisk.

It should at least be should be pointed out when comparing the teams records that there was a significant difference.

You have your opinion...I have mine.
Kinda like the MLB Homerun record. Everyone knew Bonds was juicing but still no asterisk in record books, unless they changed it.

Last edited:
Need to be there during the bad times and the good…. Go Vols!!!
I have always pulled for Tennessee..I just wasn't engaged in the baseball program...because the school was not engaged in the baseball program.

I have said it already...I quit watching and following baseball in the late 90s, but the 22 team reignited my love for the game...which is ehy they will always hold a special place in my heart.

Don't care if you judge me..I want Tennessee to win everything it competes in.

Ok...they hit more HRs because their bats were different...so...asterisk.

It should at least be should be pointed out when comparing the teams records that there was a significant difference.

You have your opinion...I have mine.
That is why you can’t compare stats from different eras:
Babe Ruth played in a segregated league
Bob Gibson pitched from a higher mound which helped his stats
Maddux benefitted from a different strike zone
Bonds used Steriods
1987 MLB changed the baseballs to encourage HRs
2000’s pitchers used sticky stuff
training has continually gotten better

We are the greatest team and best Homerun hitting team in this era. Could you imagine combining the gorilla bats from the 90’s with the new age hitting training of today…. Bomb City!! The only thing that sucks is they may end up adjusting the bats again… Leave them alone!!!

That is why you can’t compare stats from different eras:
Babe Ruth played in a segregated league
Bob Gibson pitched from a higher mound which helped his stats
Maddux benefitted from a different strike zone
Bonds used Steriods
1987 MLB changed the baseballs to encourage HRs
2000’s pitchers used sticky stuff
training has continually gotten better

We are the greatest team and best Homerun hitting team in this era. Could you imagine combining the gorilla bats from the 90’s with the new age hitting training of today…. Bomb City!! The only thing that sucks is they may end up adjusting the bats again… Leave them alone!!!
I personally think once you hit HS, then you should be required to use a wooden bat.

Best way to get someone ready for the highest level. Best way to judge someone’s actual hitting skills.

I don’t make predictions but i have stated for years that vol fans were worried about the wrong thing( coaches that we hired)… The administration is what we needed to fix… Look at Florida since they changed AD’s… You have to get everyone pulling in the same direction.
I think we all knew that..But I will add that the school admin was the real problem...IMO it was obvious they were a bunch of sports hating geeks that wanted to deemphasize sports at Tennessee...which absolutely SUCKED.

Donde and Randy changed that...they understand the place sports should have.

I think we all knew that..But I will add that the school admin was the real problem...IMO it was obvious they were a bunch of sports hating geeks that wanted to deemphasize sports at Tennessee...which absolutely SUCKED.

Donde and Randy changed that...they understand the place sports should have.
When I say administration…. I meant from the top down…. you need the entire university all pushing in the same direction… We finally have that.

Dylan Dreiling man... 7 of 12 .583, 3 HRs (1 in each game), 7 RBIs (at least 2 in each game), 4 Runs, and 1 double

What a freaking way to close out this season for that young man.

Hunter Ensley just a do everything you need player, but also 6 of 13 .462, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, and 3 Runs with his last being his best!

Talk about an amazing Freshmen, Dean Curley goes 6 of 12 .500, 2 RBIs, 1 double and scores 1 run

I said before the game we needed more from our big 4...and they all showed up Tears went 2 of 4, Amick 1 of 4, Burke 2 of 4, CMO 1 of 5

Just amazing man...and I love the fact that Combs told Tony he was ready and was trusted to close it out, huge moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back